Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 (36325 Views)

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Hosts Miss Nigeria 2017 Pageant Rocking Tuxedo (Photos) / Nneze Richards Emerges Face Of The World Nigeria, 2017 (Photos, Video) / Photos Of Idyl, Winner Of The Voice Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Codedrock(m): 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
We at T.I.N Magazine are back with our rankings this year this time it is about the most influential artistes of 2017.
The list was ranked according to the level of influence each artist has in the music industry, outside the country and Nigeria as a whole. This list wasn't judged based on the fame,money or hit songs a singer has but their influence in someway or the other.
And the ranking is based on their activities within the last 12months.
The no.1 person on the list is to be considered to be the most Influential music personality in Nigeria as of 2017.

TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTES IN NIGERIA 2017

10. TIWA SAVAGE

tiwa
She was not on this list last year, but it looks like the queen is back.
After dropping her album months ago she really went to push the music outside Nigeria. She later got signed on to Jay Z's Roc Nation management which is meant to distribute her music to a larger territory.
She is the face of many huge brands in Nigeria and we've also leanrt the songstress is into many charity projects which includes; Fondation Jacqueline Amivi AKA The House Group Orphanage

9. PHYNO

Phyno
Ranked no.7 last year, the rapper and singer has managed to still be an influence in the industry.
Phyno represents the Igbo phase of the Nigeria music industry with release of several hit songs in his native dialect "Igbo language". His annual concert "PHYNOFEST" which took place in Enugu was quite a successful one. He is one of the pioneers of artistry clothing lines in the music industry.

8. YEMI ALADE

Yemi
We ranked her 9th last year, she has done quite a lot in the last 12 months, she also had quite a sold out world tour this year. Yemi Alade is definitely among the most popular artistes in Africa. She remixes her songs in several African languages. The singer Has dropped another album again this year targeting the international audience according to her management. She is also a great philanthropist.

7. RUNTOWN

Yeah we have Runtown on the list! Accept it or not the singer have had quite the influence this year on the industry. Coming in with "Mad Over You" we can differently tell you he changed the sound in away pioneering the pon pon sound. His song has gone really wild internationally exposing our music out to the world more. He also gave out a million naira to fans at his concert earlier this year.

6. DON JAZZY

Don Jazzy
We ranked him 4th last year the legendary music personality ace producer is still doing much in the industry he's signed on different artistes and pushed the industry forward in the international market too. His achievements would be too much to mention here. Well, within the past 12months the singer and producer have made a lot of impact in people's lives too, we've learnt the producer has done quite some charitable works in recent months.

5. MR EAZI

Well, of course he is among them. Mr Eazi is of course a huge success at the moment. Since entering the Nigerian market last year now he's gone global promoting the Nigerian and African sound. Mr Eazi came into the scene with his own sound which is now one of the big influences in the industry right now. He's been recognized by many international music brands and his music has traveled really far. Earlier this year he also did a giveaway helping other artistes financially.

4. TEKNO

Tekno
The youngster who has done nothing but rock our industry the last 24 months has gotten himself on the list of the most influential music stars in Nigeria. Tekno in a way is one of the people who evolved our current Nigerian sound, the whole mid tempo,"pon pon" sound which has been trending for a while now. He also produced Davido's "If", the singer has done nothing but export our music overseas these past months. And not long ago he spent 5million naira doing giveaways and helping his fans and needy people. He deserves to be here.

3. OLAMIDE

baddo
He was the no.1 on this last year, but he his a bit down on the list this year,even though the very popular rapper and singer has done quite a lot within the last 12 months. He dropped a 6th studio album and it was reportedly a sold-out.
The singer dropped a single "WO" not long ago and it became a hit in a matter of days showing he is still king on the local scene, the singer also gave out 3million naira in the name of the song to 3 dancers.
Olamide has shown he'll still be here for a while.

2. WIZKID

Wiz
Ranked 3rd last year on this same list, the Starboy has moved up since the last time. It is safe to say Wizkid has been not but the 50shades of influence for the past 12 months.
After gaining more international exposure last year he finally moved it up this year by finally dropping his long awaited project "SFTOS" featuring several foreign acts. Its obvious he's exported our sound to the other side.The artistes on his starboy ent label are doing fine.
He's also revealed he's been involved in several charity projects for sometime now.

1. DAVIDO

obo
Well, meet the new king of influential, yeah of course it is Davido, he was no.2 on the list last year but he moved up his game really hard this year. The singer has had a lot of influence within the last 12months , signing many more artists to his DMW label and helping a lot of needy people too. To top it all his music this year blew much harder on the international scene exposing Nigerian music much wider to the world, his tour has also been really lit. Davido's If single has also had quite the touch on Nigerians. And he might just have established a new genre in he music scene called "pon pon".

See More Stuffs Like This From Source Below:
SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/08/ten-most-influential-musicians-in.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Codedrock(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Davido's 30billion world tour was a hug success

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by thesicilian: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
Is "influential" the same as "popular"?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by eezeribe(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
They have come again,to shove it down our throats....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by MhizzAJ(f): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Funfreak: 10:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Thanks tin magazine for putting davido at the top.. I don't know why media outlets and celebrities overhype wizkid and when davido is doing as much..
I'm not getting personal though.. I'm a huge fan of both.
I'm just saying davido deserve more credit too, even though he shouts too much.. undecided

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by veekid(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2017
Wzkid is number 1 in Africa, place him anywhere you like in Nigeria, ion fùcking care

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by countsparrow: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2017
Airforce1 should be on that list, if you disagree....

Kukuma come and beat me, I am in my house

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Jh0wsef(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2017
. we don't want any funny voice here" - 29 /09/ 17

32 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2017
OBOooooooooo
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Yusfunoble(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2017
No No and No!

Who dafuq is Easi influencing with his lies?

Nigerians or Ghanaians? angry

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by seunny4lif(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Lyord69(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2017
MhizzAJ:
okay
You no like the list ?
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by tyson98: 10:47am On Oct 01, 2017
Codedrock:
Davido's 30billion world tour was a hug success
GBAM!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Chuksemi(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2017
Everybody say After Me, this is Trash grin grin

I don't even know if T. I. N knows the meaning of the word "influential" embarassed

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2017
And you had to put Davido ahead of wizkid..smh..

where is Vic.O?

11 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by RIPEnglish: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2017
Most of they is an igbo smokers.
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by ChappyChase: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2017
What is Yemi Alade doing on that list

5 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Adeyinka12(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2017
O B O
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Olasco93: 10:50am On Oct 01, 2017
Afonjas 1, 2 and 3...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by zulex880: 10:50am On Oct 01, 2017
Where's Airforce? You sick mahn
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2017
What of mc galaxy ??

Since he sang I want to go home I'm from akwa ibom we've not heard from him again

Fear your village people

23 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Benekruku(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Just Imgine!

And Idris Abdul Kareem is not on the list.

Fake list

4 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Morenikeji090(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Wow I so much love when my sisters and brothers Yoruba are rocking it all wow 6 Yoruba out of 10 lol � proudly Yoruba Trump said American first so I say Yoruba first when it comes to culture competitions in Nigeria but in the world I will say Nigeria first ��

3 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Mouthgag: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
angry

Op must be very stupìd

How dare you put eazi on the list!?

Who da fuq is he?

I don't even know any of any hit songs he's made.

RUBBISH LIST!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by safarigirl(f): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Runtown deserved Top 5, Mad Over You was a resounding hit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Hiccups: 10:52am On Oct 01, 2017
shocked

There's no point dragging who's number one or not, the good thing is each of them have been recognized as influential. Having said that anyone can easily puts up a list reflecting their opinion. This list is just one of many such opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Benekruku(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2017
Chuksemi:
Everybody say After Me, this is Trash grin grin

I don't even know if T. I. N knows the meaning of the word "influential" embarassed

You said it all!

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Jxtmayor(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2017
I guess most of us forgot the meaning of "influential". So we don't know if they are or not .

But who are they influencing?? The listeners?? The upcoming act?? Their fellow artist or even the government?

But at the end??

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 01, 2017
Some of them are actually terrorist singing
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by bayocanny: 10:53am On Oct 01, 2017
This list in incomplete without small doctor cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 by jrerico1(m): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Where is king of the south/street, Erigga. #A trip to the south

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3rd Birthday Party Of Imade Adeleke, Davido’s Daughter (Photos) / Chika Ike Stuns In Blue Chic Pencil Skirt In Dubai(photos) / Chace Crawford And Zac Efron- Who's Hotter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.