Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation (1131 Views)

Igbo Congress Blasts Buhari, Wants Miyetti Allah Declared Terrorist Organisation / Charlyboy, protesters storm US Embassy over Buhari’s removal of CJN Onnoghen / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by bigtalla(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
A group of protesters under the aegis of the Coalition for the Defense of Nigeria's Sovereignty, hit the US embassy in Lagos on Friday,September 29.
Chief amongst the grouse of the placard wielding protesters was the United States' position that it doesn't yet consider the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) a terrorist organisation.

On September 20, a Federal High Court in Abuja granted the Federal Government an interim injunction proscribing IPOB, following recent skirmishes between separatists and the army in Southeast Nigeria.

The Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Abdul Kafarati, granted the injunction in chambers following an exparte application filed by Attorney General Abubakar Malami.

However, On September 24, a spokesperson for the American Embassy in Nigeria, Russell Brooks, told local newspaper, The Punch, that IPOB isn't yet proscribed within America's borders.

“The United States Government is strongly committed to Nigeria’s unity. Important political and economic issues affecting the Nigerian people, such as the allocation of resources, are worthwhile topics for respectful debate in a democracy.

“Within the context of unity, we encourage all Nigerians to support a de-escalation of tensions and peaceful resolution of grievances. The Indigenous People of Biafra is not a terrorist organisation under US law,” Brooks said.

In taking to the streets today, Otunba Bolaji Alabi who is National President/Convener of the Coalition, said the US erred in its position on the lingering separatist agitation in Nigeria.

"We are here today to protest against something that we know threatens not just our dear country, Nigeria, but also poses a risk to our culture as Yoruba. It is a culture we cherish as passionately as we respect our nationality as Nigerians", said Alabi.

He added that: "Our compatriots in south-east Nigeria, our Igbo brothers, have a challenge on their hands by way of some errant persons that are advocating for a forceful breakup of Nigeria. They are pursuing this evil enterprise under the name of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, which the Federal Government of Nigeria has properly designated to be a terrorist group. This decision has been confirmed by the court in accordance with what the anti-terrorism law prescribes.

"We were taken aback when the United States of America said IPOB is not a terrorist organization. We find the position of the United States abhorrent and highly condemnable in the light of the psychological and emotional trauma that this terrorist group has caused us collectively as a people. Even in the US, every single thing that members of this terrorist group have done in recent weeks will lead to jail terms.

"The United States should desist from making decisions from the comfort of its echo chamber, in which it only hears itself without the benefit of appreciating what the end recipients of the situation under consideration go through. In this regard, the hate speech hurled at Yoruba by IPOB members online alone qualify as terrorism. They have repeatedly referred to us as "yorobastards" "yoropigs" "yaribads"and other derogatory appellations.

"The disdain with which this terrorist organization hold us as a people was deplorable to the extent that IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, directed his members to kill Yoruba after branding us as colluding with the Hausa/Fulani.

"Below are a few instances of him threatening us as a people:

"No Igbo man should attend any Church where the pastor is a Yoruba man, they are criminals and fools"​;​ "Any Igbo Person who attends any Church Pastored by a Yoruba Man is an slowpoke"​;​ "Pastor Kumuyi should be stoned and dealt with thoroughly if he comes to Aba for his planned crusade"​;​ "Nigeria is a zoo and everybody living in that Godforsaken zoo deserves to die"​;​ "Nigeria should prepare for war, we are coming to annihilate you, my secret service are already studying the zoo and strategising."

"IPOB has also been attempting to recruit and radicalize Yoruba youths to create a version of the terror group in the south-west of Nigeria oblivious to our nationalistic spirit and staunch belief in the unity of Nigeria. It was these brainwashed youths that had unsuccessfully attempted making demands for Oodu'a Republic, which does not enjoy any backing among us.

"The culture of hate speech being promoted by IPOB, which it is teaching these youths is alien to us as we are taught to be respectful and considerate of other humans.

"We wonder what would be the fate of anyone that repeatedly incite others to violence through the promotion of hate speech and go the extra mile to actualize the threats as we witnessed in Rivers State when IPOB terrorists were stopping commercial buses and singling out non-Igbo passengers, including Yoruba, for attacks.

"These IPOB's activities have already negatively affected the economy and unleashed hardship on the population from which Yoruba are not immune. This situation is unacceptable and we do not see why any country will offer support to a terrorist group that is responsible for human suffering on this scale.

"We have decided as a people that our lot is in a united and indivisible Nigeria. It is inconceivable that we change who we are as Yoruba because some terrorists have been bolstered by the US. To be so insulted, derided, attacked and killed by IPOB terrorists for this conviction is unacceptable".

The Coalition for Nigeria's Sovereignty also added that the United States will be labelled a sponsor of terrorism in Nigeria if it doesn't review its position on IPOB.

Nnamdi Kanu, who leads the Indigenous People of Biafra movement, is a fierce critic of Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.
"It was on this note that we commended the court's declaration of IPOB as a terrorist organisation; if the United States thinks and says otherwise then we have no option than to begin to treat that country as a state sponsor of terrorism.

"May we also point out that stakeholder may know the start of this contention but no one knows where it would head or where it would end. IPOB is already exporting its violence as seen in Bengaluru, India on September 24, 2017 when violence by members of the terror group left one person dead and property destroyed.

"The US is home to many Nigerians and it is a matter of time before IPOB export its violence to that country and we boldly warn the US to watch out in Houston, Texas, where IPOB has vibrant cells.

"Our thoughts are that the United States corrects its mistake within reasonable time so that IPOB would not use its position as an excuse to spread its violence and hatred to other parts of the world. We are closely monitoring to see how soon the US would do the right thing by distancing itself from a terror organisation that has the Yoruba in its cross-hairs".

The activities of IPOB have been banned in Igboland by Governors of the region.

The army has also taken a tough stance against the Nnamdi Kanu led group, labelling their actions as constituting terrorism.

Source : http://www.pulse.ng/news/local/ipob-protesters-say-america-is-sponsoring-terrorism-in-naija-id7396798.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily-2017-09-30&utm_term=newsletter%20daily
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by peteregwu(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
This is very interesting. I have come to understand that the most problem we have in Nigeria is the north. The north doesn't want biafra, the north doesn't want referendum,and the north doesn't want restructuring. Why?

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by anuoluwapo884(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Seriously where is President NNAMDI KANU GCFR
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by 9jvirgin(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Lol. Things about to go down.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
9jvirgin:
Lol. Things about to go down.
in your mind.

USA and UK will soon call their noisy and nosey Embassies to order.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Cinkq: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
I cannot totally blame these protesters because of the points they raised.
Some of the points they raised were thesame reasons some of us at home are finding it difficult to reason with kanu and support his strugle.

Some of kanu and ipob's sins against the yorubas are :
-he told igbo youth to attack pst kumuyi and distrupt his revival.

- he told his members to boycot any church founded by a yoruba pastor.

- He called us unprintable names i.e yorubast...d. etc
what is puzling some of us is that no igbo man condemned N.kanu for all his hate speeches against the yorubas,and their silence is a pointer that they supported his hate speeches against us.
One of the sucesses of kanu since he started the biafra campaign on the radio is that he has increased the suspicion and hatred between the yorubas and igbos.
BEFORE YOU BLAME THE PROTESTERS, READ THE ARTICLE AND SEE THE REASONS BEHIND THEIR PROTEST.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Bari22: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
ipob are terrorist
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Ngokafor(f): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
Otunba Bolaji Alabi..

No surprises at the foolishness exhibited by these charlatans going by the afore-mentioned name.

Later online urchins will come online to blab how SW's IGR surpases that of the entire World combined and how Igbos are the 'parasites' who will perish without themundecided

..Okay go and form your own country na, no way...They will rather die than have that happen.

10 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by kettykin: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
See how a single man fooled the presidency, judiciary, DSS, military, police, northern youths,Yoruba youths and made them a laughing stock in the international committee. I never liked NK but his courage and wits is sometimes admirable.
For the first time I have seen the whole government confused before the international world. Nigeria just left 300 foreign bodies and are now in a diplomatic row with US and UK without IPOB firing a single knock out.

What will play out if ipob goes full blast

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Presidiotbuhari: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
I de shame for yoruba people. This is an unbelievable low, that suposedly educated tribe will sink, just to cling to 1 nigeria........pathetic. What a tribe, what a people!!!

7 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by pauljumbo: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
See as them dey disgrace Buhari for independence

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by myright: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
kettykin:

See how a single man fooled the presidency, judiciary, DSS, military, police, northern youths,Yoruba youths and made them a laughing stock in the international committee. I never liked NK but his courage and wits is sometimes admirable.
For the first time I have seen the whole government confused before the international world. Nigeria just left 300 foreign bodies and are now in a diplomatic row with US and UK without IPOB firing a single knock out.

What will play out if ipob goes full blast
now you are talking like nwa afor. Don't ever attack my leader or ipob again. NK is a genius and he knows what he's doing

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by everozone: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cacawa2:
in your mind.

USA and UK will soon call their noisy and nosey Embassies to order.
Dreamer,keep dreaming.
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by everozone: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
Any time I see these people I dey feel like sey na mumu dey worry them.I no fit to explain but I dey feel like sey na yeye dey worry them.Somebody pray for them.Anything wey them do dey point to stupidity of the highest order.Somebody pray for them.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Presidiotbuhari: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
These protesters are the real OMO LUABI, who share &represent the interest & opinion of yoruba tribe . . . .cc deedeedee,coloneldrake
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by CaptainGOOD: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cinkq:
I cannot totally blame these protesters because of the points they raised.
Some of the points they raised were thesame reasons some of us at home are finding it difficult to reason with kanu and support his strugle.

Some of kanu and ipob's sins against the yorubas are :
-he told igbo youth to attack pst kumuyi and distrupt his revival.

- he told his members to boycot any church founded by a yoruba pastor.

- He called us unprintable names i.e yorubast...d. etc
what is puzling some of us is that no igbo man condemned N.kanu for all his hate speeches against the yorubas,and their silence is a pointer that they supported his hate speeches against us.
One of the sucesses of kanu since he started the biafra campaign on the radio is that he has increased the suspicion and hatred between the yorubas and igbos.
BEFORE YOU BLAME THE PROTESTERS, READ THE ARTICLE AND SEE THE REASONS BEHIND THEIR PROTEST.

The way u YORUBAS lie fear me i swear.
Both old and young.
The last time i checked ohaneze and all eadtern governors dont support kanu..

BTW when our oba treatened to drown igbos did anyoone from Yoruba clan come out openly to condemn him?..NO

When a whole finance minister kemi adeosun openely insulted igbos on her IG account, did any yoruba person cautioned her ?... NO

rather u all were using them to mock igbos here.
And ur mods allowed it.

The way u guys openely tell lies without shame is mind boggling . undecided

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Ezigbonmadu: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

Both old and young.

BTW when our oba treatened to drown igbos did anyoone from Yoruba clan come out openly to condemn him?..NO

When a whole finance minister kemi adeosun openely insulted igbos on her IG account, did any yoruba person cautioned her ?... NO

And ur mods allowed it.

Governor Ambode among other notable Yorubas did. The Yorubas don't harbour iniquity like you. We speak against it.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180682-anti-igbo-comment-ambode-disowns-oba-of-lagos-says-every-ethnic-group-safe-under-me.html
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by KingNom(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
What IPOB needs to do to get what they want
https://www.nairaland.com/4057535/call-biafra
Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by Cinkq: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

Both old and young.

And ur mods allowed it.

you accused me of telling lies but couldn't counter any of my claims with facts.
Nobody can deny all the charges the protesters raised against kanu because he is actually guilty of those things they accused him of.

A proof that many igbos supported kanu hate speeches against the yorubas was a thread created by one of you here recently, the title of the thread read : IGBO BU IGBO, USE YOUR TONGUE TO COUNT YOUR TEETH.
The thread was created to support kanu's stand that igbos should stop worshiping in any church founded by a yoruba pastor.

What suprised me most about the thread is that almost all the igbos who commented on that thread supported the OP.

About kemi adeosun's hate speech against your tribe,she debunked it the following day and nobody even believed she actually said those things against your tribe.
Like wise oba akinolu was criticised by yorubas for warning your people against voting a certain candidate in the last election.
Even your ezes who were present when he made those controversial remarks also defended him when he started receiving condemnation left right and centre.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS WHO IS THAT MAN FROM YOUR TRIBE THAT CONDEMNED NNAMDI KANU FOR ALL HIS HATE SPEECHES AGAINST THE YORUBAS?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm US Embassy, Insist IPOB Is Terrorist Organisation by CaptainGOOD: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Cinkq:

[s]you accused me of telling lies but couldn't counter any of my claims with facts.
Nobody can deny all the charges the protesters raised against kanu because he is actually guilty of those things they accused him of.

A proof that many igbos supported kanu hate speeches against the yorubas was a thread created by one of you here recently, the title of the thread read : IGBO BU IGBO, USE YOUR TONGUE TO COUNT YOUR TEETH.
The thread was created to support kanu's stand that igbos should stop worshiping in any church founded by a yoruba pastor.

What suprised me most about the thread is that almost all the igbos who commented on that thread supported the OP.

About kemi adeosun's hate speech against your tribe,she debunked it the following day and nobody even believed she actually said those things against your tribe.
Like wise oba akinolu was criticised by yorubas for warning your people against voting a certain candidate in the last election.
Even your ezes who were present when he made those controversial remarks also defended him when he started receiving condemnation left right and centre.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS WHO IS THAT MAN FROM YOUR TRIBE THAT CONDEMNED NNAMDI KANU FOR ALL HIS HATE SPEECHES AGAINST THE YORUBAS[/s]?

I couldnt read this trash.
I only read the first line.

Which other counter do u need.
When i have brought u facts. undecided

Ubar3 confused go and sleep.
Una hypocrisy too much

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Terrorist Had Intensify It's Distraction E-war Against Nig Nation..beware! / Nigerians May Stone Us If We Present President Buhari In 2019 – APC Group / Breaking! Riot In Wuse Market Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.