Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Star Quest 2007 Music Competition - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Star Quest 2007 Music Competition (5498 Views)

Airtel Partners Trace For Music Competition / Azonto Antenna Music Competition / Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by banging(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2007
Star quest is back again
Go out and show your talent.

www.star-nigeria.com
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Fecko(m): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2007
I registered for that STAR QUEST ish this year, Just hope the whole process is going to go on smoothly without discripancies.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by banging(m): 10:22am On Feb 24, 2007
@ fecko
what i noticed about this star quest of a thing was that, they are not searching for an individual talent.
All they want is an artist that can sing and play and instrument.
I think thats not the way to run it, cos we have reggae artist that are good, rappers.
Something is missing in the zone.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Fecko(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2007
@ Baggin',
, I guess ur right, that's what i've noticed since i've been following it up, I wonder what faith lies ahead on the way of other rappers like me that have enrolled for the audition, God dey sha!
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by nike4luv(f): 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2007
i watch it on BEN here, its kinda fun but preety sad
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by toptho(f): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2007
i watched the last one on ben and i wonder how most of them got there.there was a particular freestyle contest,i was cringing constantly
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by faketeeth(m): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2007
i wish i could be there but my exam is coming up soon so i can't make it.
I'm a drummer and i think am better than the last ones.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by swing: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2007
why
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by harizone(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2007
The star quest is still the most interesting reality show we have in this country by my standard. Who knows better show me one with better action. It is clean, sexless, and your votes count.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by EasyPeezy: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2007
I'm not sure a talent hunt is the best way to discover the upcoming talents, Star-Quest is just a publicity stunt and a money making venture for the producers.

What really bothers me is the fact that every Nigerian artist has his own record label, and whats more, they never sign anyone that directly or indirectly competes with them. They all need to learn from Quincy Jones, he was not a very successful musician (although he did release albums) but made millions out of producing Michael Jackson.

The Nigerian music industry is in a sorry state at the moment, the untalented but fortunate ones rule the reigns, the talented and less fortunate ones are left to rot.

Nigeria tire me o
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by slimnike(m): 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2007
I wish to be there.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by bennsul(m): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2007
okay, all this hullabulla about this quest thing.
cn anyone tell how authentic the txt flying for audition in 3days is?
just got mine, or our boys at it again?
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by rv2ii(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2007
Guys, Guys, Guys!!!

Why talk so bad about good people?

listen, i think that when good organisers and organisations like StarQuest comes out to give the less privieldged opportunities, what we need do is give them all the moral support they need. ah ah!

i mean, do you guys think that these guys are mad?

what i know for sure is that they have come to fish out the best of the best TALENTED youths (who you must agree with me are wasting away) and giving them a new LIFE a new HOPE to Stardom,

i use God take beg una, make una no dey buy dead fish for near river,

one love!
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by slimnike(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2007
The audition took place in benin today.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by nanaboi(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2007
Meanwhile, watever happened to D'ACORRD - the band that won last time? I think
Have they any album yet, or something?

Cornellus was really good. And the others too.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2007
my question exactly

what happened to DACCORD, i still remember their songs

like ' I like , sugar in my time
your sweet as candy in a candy bar
i love u just the way you are.'
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Modups1(f): 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2007
on the star website, it says D'ACCORD are signed unto question mark label
y is it taking so long to release an album?

i have seen d video of "sweeter than a candy bar", wasn't too impressive and it feautured only d guys
where r d ladies
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by egmo2us(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2007
gruss an alle! I
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2007
there's a video of the song

when?, where?

there were two girls and 4 guys

I was really impressed by all there live performances last year, their harmony and creativity with the song choices they were given

It maybe that members are finishing up with school, cos a good number of them wre still in UNI
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by nanaboi(m): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2007
There are just three real kool voices ( Christian Adeyefa [Starlite], Palmira Mmerife [The Jewel] and Henry Momoh [Revolution 6] ) and they're in 3 different bands. One of them isn't even a vocalist 4 his band coz he's a drummer (Henry) - u can imagine.

Their major problem is making good melodies. I've neva had the shivers D'ACCORD gave me last year this year.

Their composing skills suck. I guess that's y Djinee tried finding out how they compose thier songs. He says they lack "that thing".

Revolution 6 and Shyne (Molue) are simply clowning.

Well, it's just my opinion, plus [/b]I can't help watching.[b] Does anybody think differently?
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by thecolonel: 5:34am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by nanah(f): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2007
star quest 2007 can not be compared to 2006's edition.the contestants are just dry and boring. i think jewels and pacesetters are still serious but excel and revolution 6 are the worst bands i've ever ecountered in my life. look at those girls in excel, they're so local and unexposed. they even get so self conscious when they notice the camera i wonder how they ever got into the competition. the only person i pity in the excel band is the sax guy who is so unlucky to be stuck with losers like those girls. some of the other contestants are just too unprofessional i'm sure the host is only tolerating them for the sake of being on t.v. They even found it hard to render common "highlife"
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by kunzydot(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2007
left to me, I prefer the starlites.The group comprises of good instumentalist and singers.I like their arrangements and i must confess those guyz are matured and creative in their composition unlike some unserious and uncomposed groups.I look forward to seeing them win
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Manta(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2007
I almost wept too as the first 3 groups left I wanted Pacesetters, Revolutuion 6 and starlites to remain but, Just Pacesetters were left.

I developed a special interest in Revolution 6 when I watched them do a remix of Modenine's Cry- it was sad to watch them go home.
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by elbuc(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2007
y'all keep the votes comin 4 'em jewels.homegirl in the group is a cousin.

www.naijahiphop.org
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Fecko(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2007
Been following the show, i really love the "SHYNE" band!!!
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Mustay(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2007
Very very very fake show. Why do all of em act in front of d camera? Especially d guy with d tribal marks
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by spikelord(m): 4:16am On Apr 29, 2007
Hey guys, the jewels won when I thought the PACESETTERS were going to win. I like that guy with spike hair. The one that plays the mouth instrument i think that girl in their group is falling in love with him
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by doyin13(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2007
i know this is by the way, but i am hoping someone out there can help me. Remember the band Star Mate in 2006 contest. They used to sing some highlife song that went 'e mi ma lowo'. Please does anyone have the details for the song. Would be greatly indebted,
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2007
2007 is nothing compared to 2006

In talent . entertainement and commitment

Last year star quest was my daily fix

i would switch channels so i could watch it all over again

Who can forget those compositions, even 'yansh carry-go' 'julipa' 'sho ti jasi'

D'accords harmony

I still remember most of the original songs

kai, this year was drab, it didn't catch my attention at all
talent was mediocre especially vocals
only the instrumentalists deserve some form of acclaim

All the groups lacked good songwriters and composers
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by Modups1(f): 9:33am On May 03, 2007
I cant even begin to express my disgust at the outcome of this quest!

starlites where removed from d competition and not voted out as far as am concerned.
how on earth did jewels emerge as winners against d pacesetters?

am really thinking dis thing was fixed if not how can one explain d speed in which d final results were collated?
voting ended at 11.30 pm and barely 10 mins later d results were read out!
d way djinee even read out d results was outrageous angry angry angry

i really felt for pacesetters, star needs to revamp dis show b4 they make a total mockery of it.

d final 3 should have been starlites, pacesetters and maybe jewels
Re: Star Quest 2007 Music Competition by viee(f): 10:03am On May 03, 2007
nice to know pple actually sat down to watch that show!

for me, i glad it is over so that more intresting things can take over

it bored me shitless!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Omah Lay – Boy Alone Album Zip File / Darey Ft Jozi & Iceprince – Asiko / Download New Song By Olamide - Lagos Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.