Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Happy Independence Nigeria! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence Nigeria! (18467 Views)

Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian" / Happy 57th Independence Nigeria / Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by IbBarham(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2017
Happy independence day.. Naija e go better
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by CocoaOla: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2017
If you can survive in NIGERIA you can survive anywhere in the universe. Including space.
Happy independence. #NigeriaAt57
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by ivoatt(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Independence, Biacan
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by biacan(f): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2017
ivoatt:
Happy Independence, Biacan
Same here GOD bless you
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by olarababi(f): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2017
userplainly:
My people! (Ipobians excluded) I BELIEVE U R NOT INDEPENDENT UNLESS " U DOH GEH MONEY"....... what's the difference btwn a poorman and a man under colonial bondage? I wee celebrate wen I make my fess billon naira
u are not ready to celebrate atall
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by biomustry: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Lol

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by EmpressT(f): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Happy new month, happy independence's day to everybody on nairaland. Hmm...my birthday is also todaysmiley. I thank God for his infinite mery and grace over my life.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
.....And I Ask Again, Is This Nation Worth Celebrating?
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
EmpressT:
Happy new month, happy independence's day to everybody on nairaland. Hmm...my birthday is also todaysmiley. I thank God for his infinite mery and grace over my life.

Happy Birthday sweetie.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by phatnpretty(f): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
OK na
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by phatnpretty(f): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by EmpressT(f): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thanks dear
preciousuweh:

Happy Birthday sweetie.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
I pledge to Nigeria my country.
To be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria with all my strength.
To defend her unity, and uphold her honor and glory.
So help me God.

I love Nigeria, identifying with it as the country of my birth where my history and sojourn on earth began, with a view to making it great and pushing it onto the world stage with an almighty bang!

I am a Nigerian Breeze of the African specie which blows from the westermost subregion of the continent of Africa. I defend the sanctity of my country against the impiety of impetous, pompous and impudent foreigners. I believe in my country's Destiny to lead Black Africa out of the Mud! And I look only at women whose beauty is "as green as the whiteness" in the Nigerian flag [Haha].

I hate my leaders and politicians, for they are vampires sucking the life blood of the nation. I seek the ignominious demise and brutal end of these heartless demons. And if push comes to shove, may a prosperous Nigeria be built on the skulls and blood of all the animals who have ruined it.

PROUDLY NIGERIAN! LONG LIVE NIGERIA! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE! smiley
Tozara

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by ElsonMorali: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
sekxy:
grin happy independence to zoological republicans

Calling Nigeria a zoo doesn't help you lot to actualize beerfraud. Unfortunately for you, you and your family members are resident in the zoo and governed by zoo leaders.

So which species is your family?

1 Like

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Narldon:

Today is My Wedding Anniversary..

I'm in a Long-term Relationship, abi na marriage, with a very annoying Boo since 1960..

Although Boo was born in 1914, 103 years.This old man still acts like an infant..
This Boo of mine has been getting on my nerves..

Though at the Onset, everything looked rosy until 1967..

Boo got into a serious quarrel with one of us (his wives) which degenerated into a serious fight that lasted three solid years!

Why? Because she filed for divorce..

Boo was really brutal sha.. I would call that Domestic Violence

Our Neighbours kept watching in silence...

They later reconciled after our in-laws intervened..

We kept on living together; or rather, pretended to continue living in peace..

Did I forget to mention that Boo is a Multi-Billionaire? Sure he is so wealthy. He has many Oil wells..

Yet Boo is so stingy..

For 57 years, Boo refused to give me even just 'half' oil well, talk more of one..

Boo can be so petty and stingy ehnn!

My monthly allowance is just 18,800.. and yet Boo has billions of dollars stacked in his bank accounts! Boo calls it minimum wage..

Boo owns big two rivers in our backyard, and a very mighty Dam, all which can generate Hydro-electricity..

But can You believe that since 57 years Boo has been depending on Generator!

Boo has lots of international and global connections.. Boo has too many friends..
Most of whom are willing to help..

But do you know that:

Boo refused to construct a good road in our street

Boo refused to build oil refineries.. he prefers to send it to his white friends

Boo refused to pay our domestic staff and workers.. most of them are currently on strike!

Boo has refused to pay the children's school fees

Boo has refused to take care of our sick relatives..

Boo cannot provide jobs for graduates

Boo cannot build good schools

Boo has refused to buy a good car, or good clothes for his wives..

What a Stingy Boo!

Meanwhile, Boo is a chronic cheat..

He has no feelings! He flirts with all manner of women called "POLI-THIEF-CIANS"

They have been looting all the Family wealth... Selfish Bunch of Cows!

Currently, we have been facing lots of security crises in the house, not minding all the Battalion of Army we claim to protect us.

I don't even want to talk about the ones that wear black and black on the roadside that love bribe like pure-water!

Yet, we are still being attacked by aliens in the name of herdsmen, Bokoharam etc..

Rather, Those he prefers to tag Terrorists are his own relatives who were just having a protest against the non-challancy of Boo and his whores! Boo descended on them with PYTHON DANCE! What a heartless Boo!

I can go on and on.. but I cannot exhaust all

Not minding that Boo has beaten and abused me in all manner of ways, I still Love Boo. He is my First Love.

He has a great sense of humour which I can't resist. Even though I sometimes feel like dumping his sorry ass, but I find it difficult to cheat on Boo.

I know someday, God will touch Boo and he will Change for good..

By the way, its our 57 years anniversary! Let's continue to pretend that all is well, maybe with Faith, all will be well..

Happy 57 years Anniversary Boo-Boo!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA

Wow. Narldon, did you compose this? This is awesome!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE!
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by YelloweWest: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
ABIOLAXYZ:

Telcom Satelite Tv (TSTv), a Pay-As-You-Consume Cable TV provider in Nigeria, operated by ABS and Telcom Satellites TV. TStv is a DTH pay TV that offers a rich blend of local and international channels and packages for your Entertainment, News, Sports, Kids, Health etc and will be distributed on the ABS 3A Africa beam, located at 3 degrees west.The technology is the HBB TV tech, HBB is a combination of satellite and internet service for TV service, TSTv will run on 4.5g network, every subscriber will get 20gig of data for 3k monthly, the data can also be used for video calls and wifi.
The technology is the HBB TV tech, HBB is a combination of satellite and internet service for TV service, TSTv will run on 4.5g network, every subscriber will get 20gig of data for 3k monthly, the data can also be used for video calls and wifi.
Below are some FAQs about TSTv;
HOW MUCH IS TSTV DECODER AND WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES?
TSTV Decoder + Dish cost N5000. The TSTV Decoder Offers 100+ Channels, FREE 20GB Data, Video Calls, Pause Subscription, Record & Playback Feature And More
HOW MUCH IS TSTV SUBSCRIPTION FEE?
TSTV Subscription Fee is a low as N200, N500, N1000, N1500 and N3000. Note that with TSTV, you don’t need to pay subscription monthly or periodically. You pay as you consume.
WHERE ARE TSTV SERVICE LOCATIONS?
TSTV AFRICA WILL FUNCTION IN ALL STATES IN NIGERIA.
WHEN IS THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE OF TSTV?
TSTV will be officially launched in Nigeria on the 1st of October 2017.
Launch date for other African countries will be announced later.
WHAT CHANNELS CAN I WATCH ON TSTV?
TSTv shows Live Sports like Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League and so much more. Some Sport Channels on TSTV Africa are bein Sport 1-10, Fox Sport HD, and Ts Sports.
Some of Entertainment Channels on TSTV are Movie Box, Tele Novela, Fox, MBC 4.

Where is it has lunch tak8ng place?

Do they have an office in ph?
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by VickyRotex(f): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Jexyme:

May God bless you abundantly.

Amen sis! Thank you. God Bless you immeasurably too! smiley

1 Like

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by VickyRotex(f): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Greenback:

angry cheesy grin cool

Orishirishi. Only you, angry and laughing at the same time. smh! undecided
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by VickyRotex(f): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I dedicate the song 'which way Nigeria' by Sunny okosun to You and every Nigerian out there.

grin grin grin grin lol. Abeg I no fit cry! cry cry cry
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Akposy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Primeinductor post=60992266][/quote] True
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Omoluabi16(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
NickD:

Marching on to our graves with each passing day hoping that it will be better one day...I have heard that while growing up and now I'm older I'm still hearing the same thrash. Things will never change except what happened in Ghana happens here and then the political elite will have fear instilled in each one of them to rule with justice equity n fairness.
hmmmm. . .
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Omoluabi16(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

grin grin grin grin lol. Abeg I no fit cry! cry cry cry
hehehe.. don't tell me you haven't heard it before? It's a thought provoking song. One other song 'Nigeria go survive' I'm unsure of the artiste.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rhayne1:
I am not proud to be a Nigerian.Nevertheless,happy birthday Nigeria,a fool at 57 is a fool forever.
have some respect
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by laudate: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
ibe123:
she can never be an animal in ur useless zoo she is their to train some wild animals like u
You are just trying to console yourself with platitudes. What do they call those that live within a 'zoo?' As long as she lives within that place they call a 'zoo,'.... sorry, she is still an animal. undecided
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Akposy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Efewestern:

Oniovo you have spoken well.
God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria God bless us all
amen my brother
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by laudate: 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Calling Nigeria a zoo doesn't help you lot to actualize beerfraud. Unfortunately for you, you and your family members are resident in the zoo and governed by zoo leaders.

So which species is your family?
Don't you know? shocked They belong to the kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Subphylum Vertebrata, Class Reptilia, Species Squamata. A few among them actually belong to Class Mammalia. It has been reported though, that a great majority of them are part of the family Equidae, and fall within the species known as Equus africanus asinus. undecided

Some observers have however argued that they belong to the family Suidae and form part of the species known as Sus scrofa domesticus. Only animals call their place of residence, a 'zoo'. So since they are animals, it explains why they call their home a 'zoo.'

1 Like

Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by laudate: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

grin

grin

This is hilarious grin

But Nigeria is still a zoo angry
Na so una dey fail exam question. sad Anyone who calls his home or place of abode a 'zoo,' obviously sees himself as an animal. The chap I responded to, was trying to defend a lady who had earlier called Nigeria, a 'zoo.' My question is simple: Does she live in that place she called a 'zoo?' What do they call those who live in a 'zoo?' shocked Is it not animals? So, since she lives in the zoo, she must be one of those animals inside it. QED! Why is the matter causing you such pain? No be she take her mouth call di place wey she dey live a 'zoo?' shocked
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by VickyRotex(f): 12:57am On Oct 02, 2017
Omoluabi16:
hehehe.. don't tell me you haven't heard it before? It's a thought provoking song. One other song 'Nigeria go survive' I'm unsure of the artiste.
lol. Never heard it. But I did today. May his soul keep resting in peace. I just listened to the "Nigeria go survive" song. its by Veno. All these our Old school musicians, kind of had a premonition about the future. Sadly, it's true most of the things they said.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by Omoluabi16(m): 2:42am On Oct 02, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Never heard it. But I did today. May his soul keep resting in peace. I just listened to the "Nigeria go survive" song. its by Veno. All these our Old school musicians, kind of had a premonition about the future. Sadly, it's true most of the things they said.
Amen. sunny okosun was good.

Most of these nationalist songs were released just after the civil war/military coup era. 80's more like. I think they intended to steer greatness in the minds of the people/leaders.

I'll have to Google veno oh. Thanks all the same.
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by VickyRotex(f): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Amen. sunny okosun was good.

Most of these nationalist songs were released just after the civil war/military coup era. 80's more like. I think they intended to steer greatness in the minds of the people/leaders.

I'll have to Google veno oh. Thanks all the same.

Yea, you're right about that! And sadly, they didn't succeed in steering that.
Hopefully, the labour our heroes past will not be in vain! embarassed
You're welcome!
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:51am On Oct 02, 2017
laudate:

Na so una dey fail exam question. sad Anyone who calls his home or place of abode a 'zoo,' obviously sees himself as an animal. The chap I responded to, was trying to defend a lady who had earlier called Nigeria, a 'zoo.' My question is simple: Does she live in that place she called a 'zoo?' What do they call those who live in a 'zoo?' shocked Is it not animals? So, since she lives in the zoo, she must be one of those animals inside it. QED! Why is the matter causing you such pain? No be she take her mouth call di place wey she dey live a 'zoo?' shocked

Just take a compliment and fùćk off! ... No time to read this epistle
Re: Happy Independence Nigeria! by emmafrosh(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2017
*EMMALECS TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND GLOBAL SERVICES*
Buy Data for all Network in Nigeria at affordable Rates with instant Activation after Payment.

*MTN DATA*
�250MB=#300
�500MB=#400
�1GB=#650
�1.5GB=#950
�2GB=#1,200
�3GB=#1,750
�5GB=#2,700
Validity period=90 days
10GB, 15GB, 20GB also available.

*9MOBILE DATA*
�250MB=#350
�500MB=#400
�1GB=#750
�1.5GB=#1,100
�2GB=#1,350
�3GB=#2,100
�5GB=#3,200
Validity period=30 days
11.5GB, 27.5GB also available.

*GLO DATA*
�1.6GB/3.2GB=#1,000
�3.7GB/7.5GB=#1,900
�5GB/10GB=#2,350
�6GB/12GB=#2,750
�8GB/16GB=#3,650
Validity period=30 days
12GB/24GB, 16GB/32GB, 23GB/46GB, 30GB/60GB also available.

*AIRTEL DATA*
�1.5GB=#1,000
�3.5GB=#2,000
�5GB=#2,450
�7GB=#3,450
Validity period=30 days.

Check Bundle Balance
�MTN=*461*2#
�ETISALAT=*229*9#
�AIRTEL=*140#
�GLO=*127*0#
*Payment for DSTV, GOTV and STARTIMES subscription also available.*

*Call or Whatsapp�07065308237 and 08171000798 for the best Network deals ever!!!*

*A trial will surely convince you!!!*
*Thanks for your patronage*�

*Join our whatsapp Group for more offers*
https:///3NKHfkD1ba8609RuVNWWZA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport / Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons / Ali Modu-Sherrif Chilling With Gabriel Suswam After Emerging The PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.