Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property (18576 Views)

Drums In Mountain Of Fire / "Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by walosky(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=johnnyvid post=60991775]it is the greediness that leads to stealing of tithe and offering from the church. happy sunday everyone.happy independence anniversary.[/quote

#Greediness my broda

You try!

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Antichristus: 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
If anyone is still in doubt that these so called men of God are wolves in sheep's clothing who have turned the house of prayer into the den of robbers, here is a classic case. Imagine the claims and counter-claims amongst the so-called men of God.

If your hard earned money, whichever way or under whatever guise, is still ending in the pockets of these rogues, please do me a favour: donate to mercy ships [ https://www.mercyships.org.uk/donate/ ]. Volunteers on mercy ships are medics that go around the developing world to provide free medical/surgical treatments to poor people in failed states with dysfunctional healthcare system.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by 1shortblackboy: 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Still does not explain why the US pastor did not hand over d church property and money when he decided to leaveFM

4 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by opomulero101(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
thesuave10:
ALL PASTORS ARE FAKE ALL. ...... OYEDEPO TO ADEBOYE TO CHRIS ..ALL OF THEM ARE ANOINTED YAHOO BOYS

At least show respect to ur elders,u have no right to judge anybody.
HAVE SENSE.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by thesuave10(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
opomulero101:

At least show respect to ur elders,u have no right to judge anybody.
HAVE SENSE.

I'm pointing out the obvious. They are fake elders. Calling them out on their lies is acceptable. I'd tell them even in their face that they are liars. Worst part? They don't understand the freaking bible. I spit on their fake heads
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by belindar: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
This is interesting
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by cyrilamx(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Why not let them go with their share of the "church cake" to avoid this kind of embarrassment Same way the Uyo Catholic diocese let their former priest who chose to become a pentecostal, alone? Earthly treasure is indeed cause of proliferation of churches....
xangerar:
Na wa o. This our quarrel got to the court? The breakaway pastors in the U.S are ready to embarrass Daddy G.O. and the church, and I really think that if it is possible they should just be let go with whatever they have already instead of a shameful public mudslinging that will batter the image of MFM and the church.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by delishpot: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
If pastor offend person, they will say leave am for God but when person offend pastor Dem no dey leave am for God? But did anyone noticed the corner cutting practice used to sell the books? Chai.....
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Johnrake69: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
1shortblackboy:
Still does not explain why the US pastor did not hand over d church property and money when he decided to leaveFM

What are you talking about?why should a branch hand over the property it raised money to acquire? Did you miss the point where it stated that majority of the members of the branch decided to severe ties with MFM Lagos or the fact that members of the branch built the church?

Capitalist mindset.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by ashjay001(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
johnnyvid:
some pastors this days are not appreciative. what i see here's that the greedy ones are the wolf in sheeps clothing.

The problem I have is, since both sides qualify, which side are u referring to?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Drlmc4life: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
I strongly detest hearing something like this about the church of God. Pls read 1Corinthians 6 :1-10, this should settle the case.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Iamzik: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
Johnrake69:

What are you talking about?why should a branch hand over the property it raised money to acquire? Did you miss the point where it stated that majority of the members of the branch decided to severe ties with MFM Lagos or the fact that members of the branch built the church?

Capitalist mindset.

grin grin grin
Handover as in when a bank branch manager is sacked abi.

Church setup is complicated Abeg.

This same scenario has happened in RCCG in many countries.... I think the Nigerian church just let go to avoid this kind of dispute.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by femicyrus(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
delishpot:
If pastor offend person, they will say leave am for God but when person offend pastor Dem no dey leave am for God? But did anyone noticed the corner cutting practice used to sell the books? Chai.....
it is called "WISDOM" grin
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by lereinter(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
whats the purpose of going to court
cant they leave for God to judge
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
First and foremost MFM doesn't charge much for their books.. so d tax might be higher than whats been charge for dis books hence the reason why they labelled it as donation.

the greedy pastor and his wife r looking for ways to snatch mfm's properties

it wont work.

Mr and Mrs Lawrence go and start your own church and leave olukoya alone

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by NoToPile: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Heared about this case briefly sometime back.Its been on sometime back almost 2 years I think.

Sebi they want the church building let them have it jare. Let HQ leave it for them

When people breakaway from churches all sort of blackmail happen.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by God2man(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
You are highly welcome to nairaland where churches are criticised and bashed beyond imagination.

May God forgive us.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Suky01(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
IT IS CALLED OLE GBE OLE GBA
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by mechanics(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Not good for the church, the Bible is against taking our fellow Christians to law court.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by mechanics(m): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Not good for the church, the Bible is against taking our fellow brethren to law court.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
A pastor in MFM first branch in London did the same. He came back begging because everything scattered later.
Greediness is a terrible character.
I suggest they let have the church properties. The bottom line is if rebellion has consequences the hijacker should be ready to face them
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by lloyds(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
thesuave10:
ALL PASTORS ARE FAKE ALL. ...... OYEDEPO TO ADEBOYE TO CHRIS ..ALL OF THEM ARE ANOINTED YAHOO BOYS

Why don't you establish your own church and let's see how holy you will be in managing thousands and millions of resources.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by oake(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
johnnyvid:
The G.O of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), Daniel Olukoya, is in the spotlight in a US court after his church dragged some former pastors and members to court over monetary and property disputes.
MFM is seeking declaratory judgment and damages against Pastors Lawrence Adetunji, Ronke Adetunji, and 11 former members of MFM, Bowie, Maryland.
At issue are real property described as 5506 and 5503 Church Road in Bowie, Maryland, which were acquired by MFM Bowie in 2001 and 2004 respectively. Also in contention are funds for the MFM building in Bowie.
MFM International (Lagos) claims that the property acquired with the contributions and offerings of the members of MFM in Bowie, are property of MFM headquarters by way of trustThe plaintiffs claim further that when Pastor Adetunji and most members of MFM in Bowie decided not to associate further with the denomination, Pastor Adetunji was under an obligation to hand over the properties and funds to MFM headquarters.
In their response, the defendants allege that they decided to sever their relationship with MFM and its leadership because of the illegal and fraudulent activities of MFM International, Lagos.
They allege that MFM International was in the practice of knowingly and deliberately making false claims to evade U.S. Customs duties and taxes on books exported from Nigeria to U.S.
The nature of the illegal activities stems from the fact that the plaintiffs would ship prayer books to various U.S.-based MFM branches with a cover letter categorizing the books as “donations” to be distributed to local parishioners.
However, once delivered to the U.S, instructions were then emailed to U.S. pastors instructing them of the price they must charge parishioners in selling these books. The pastors were then instructed to remit the earnings of their sales to MFM International.
Some Officers of MFM International, including the G.O, Daniel Olukoya are expected to get into the witness box at the hearing.

source::http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/former-mfm-pastors-and-members-accuse.html?m=0

So, it's all about the money, materials possessions then.

God help your church.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by thesuave10(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
lloyds:

Why don't you establish your own church and let's see how holy you will be in managing thousands and millions of resources.

Don't be a fóol. They are thieves regardless of if I open a church or not
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pastors! so by converting the properties to their own, they have paid the US government the taxes evaded. Thanks.

I know whenever you are fighting somebody more than you, you fight him dirty to put him to shame so as to withdraw.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
Johnrake69:
Not surprised. The church of today is typically a capitalist institution. Don't know when we Christians will open our eyes to the truth. The church properties belong to the GOs and their board, It doesn't belong to the church members. As a homeless person you can't sleep in Church because it's a private property.

I have witnessed first hand where a security team with a toyota hilux drove a woman and her son from inside the prayer city to the gate and asked them to leave the premises.

Prayer city or any camp or mountain is not a refuge camp. There was a night over one thousand squatters were arrested in a camp. Also, lot of atrocities are committed by those squatters that make it similar to brothels or criminals den.

Moreover, with economic hardship, laziness where people are jobless & homeless in Nigeria & neighbouring countries, many people coming to Lagos see those camps as temporary accommodation to use to get job in Lagos (the job is not available in Lagos)while others are homeless & jobless. You find hundreds & thousands of people squatting. Some have been there for years until the camps authority ejected them.

Most of these people are not original members of those churches. If all the churches have camps & open them free for members, it would be better.

Any camp that is opened free will have thousands or million of squatters due to economic hardship.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Johnrake69:

Capitalist mindset.

He never said majority of the members severe ties with MFM Lagos.

Most pastors that leave MFM, RCCG & Living Faith Church (Winners) this way always have stories to tell.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Johnrake69: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
babaolofin:

Prayer city or any camp or mountain is not a refuge camp. There was a night over one thousand squatters were arrested in a camp. Also, lot of atrocities are committed by those squatters that make it similar to brothels or criminals den.

Moreover, with economic hardship, laziness where people are jobless & homeless in Nigeria & neighbouring countries, many people coming to Lagos see those camps as temporary accommodation to use to get job in Lagos (the job is not available in Lagos)while others are homeless & jobless. You find hundreds & thousands of people squatting. Some have been there for years until the camps authority ejected them.

Most of these people are not original members of those churches. If all the churches have camps & open them free for members, it would be better.

Any camp that is opened free will have thousands or million of squatters due to economic hardship.

Exactly, my point. It's private property. I wonder why Christians empty their bank account to develop private properties. Buh anybody who can afford to pay for the daily accommodation and pay tithe and offering is welcome to stay in prayer city.

Note: it's no brainer. The churches in Nigeria all worship money.

And I suggest the church management should have this disclaimer on their wall.

Note:If you have no job, no accommodation and can't afford to feed yourself please don't bother us. Go solve your problem elsewhere, when you're better off economically you can come pay your tithe and offering.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Johnrake69: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
johnnyvid:

MFM International (Lagos) claims that the property acquired with the contributions and offerings of the members of MFM in Bowie, are property of MFM headquarters by way of trustThe plaintiffs claim further that when Pastor Adetunji and most members of MFM in Bowie decided not to associate further with the denomination, Pastor Adetunji was under an obligation to hand over the properties and funds to MFM headquarters.
source::http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/former-mfm-pastors-and-members-accuse.html?m=0

@Babaolofin I guess you missed this paragraph.
In the spirit of fairness. My stand is if a branch acquired a property from the member's contribution without any proceeds or grant from the head quarters and same members are saying they don't want to be part of the Head quarters. I think it's only fair to allow them to keep the property they acquired. For me this is what Christianity should be about. Fairness.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Johnrake69:

@Babaolofin I guess you missed this paragraph.
In the spirit of fairness. My stand is if a branch acquired a property from the member's contribution without any proceeds or grant from the head quarters and same members are saying they don't want to be part of the Head quarters. I think it's only fair to allow them to keep the property they acquired. For me this is what Christianity should be about. Fairness.

Bros, I agreed with you & my brother talking about disclaimer being hung at prayer city and other camps. I agreed 100% . My point is this, we always have these problems in juicy locations. These people are posted abroad from Nigeria. At times for you to be posted abroad is by God grace & trust of the pastorate. Some of them when you see them at Onike (MFM) or Camp (RCCG) before the postings you will think the reward is only in heaven. They don't show any sign of believe in earthly wealth. When you see their wives also you will pray for God to prosper their husband. Few years after posting is another story for those posted to juicy locations.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Johnrake69: 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
babaolofin:

Bros, I agreed with you & my brother talking about disclaimer being hung at prayer city and other camps. I agreed 100% . My point is this, we always have these problems in juicy locations. These people are posted abroad from Nigeria. At times for you to be posted abroad is by God grace & trust of the pastorate. Some of them when you see them at Onike (MFM) or Camp (RCCG) before the postings you will think the reward is only in heaven. They don't show any sign of believe in earthly wealth. When you see their wives also you will pray for God to prosper their husband. Few years after posting is another story for those posted to juicy locations.

Hehehehehheheheh. Sorry bro I couldn't help buh laugh. It did crack me up.

The problem is the capitalist system the church has adopted. Everything goes to the head quarters. Mountain of fire local branches are expected to remit about 85% of their inflows to the regional quarters. And no form of grants come from the head quarters for branches not economically viable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / How Can One Know He Or She Has Emere/marine Spirit? / Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.