Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) (21089 Views)

October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? / Osun Governorship Rerun Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by SUPOL(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Am in my office oo, We no dey get public holiday

1 Like

Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Humm

1 Like

Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by ikoroduboy01: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Independence day no light!
Independence day we can't boast of Good road in any state
Are we really independent??
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by SirPencil(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nigeria can neither be described, in large part, as a well-governed state nor can we argue that the way public institutions are administered add completely to her development. We should turn humble enough to adopt a system that allows the Nigerian state to maximize the basic human values extractable from the greatest number of people possible. We should work towards a nation responding incisively to challenges and creating dynamic opportunities, a nation whose leaders explore the multiplicity of change and realistic independence. A nation that rewards state-building conducts, prune harmful behavioral practices and dwell less on status quo (characterized by deceitful charades of public officers), while exhibiting a denser tendency for a capable future. A nation whose leaders, without any further professional self-deceit, go down the route of transformative leadership as well as encourage shared prosperity.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.
# iPrayForNigeria
© Sakeye Kayode
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by SirPencil(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nigeria can neither be described, in large part, as a well-governed state nor can we argue that the way public institutions are administered add completely to her development. We should turn humble enough to adopt a system that allows the Nigerian state to maximize the basic human values extractable from the greatest number of people possible. We should work towards a nation responding incisively to challenges and creating dynamic opportunities, a nation whose leaders explore the multiplicity of change and realistic independence. A nation that rewards state-building conducts, prune harmful behavioral practices and dwell less on status quo (characterized by deceitful charades of public officers), while exhibiting a denser tendency for a capable future. A nation whose leaders, without any further professional self-deceit, go down the route of transformative leadership as well as encourage shared prosperity.
# iPrayForNigeria
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.
© Sakeye Kayode
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Franzinni: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
Adiola:
yes ooooo like lipstip wearing ladies from Dahomey that defeated your ancestors
yes o I won't mind a rematch ....just that this time we will finish it in za oza room!!! My ancestors did not have BUHARI and burutai ...and a twerking python...
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by xtianh(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
SUPOL:

Even on sunday? Are u into broadcasting or what?
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by jaszplus12(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
minna is peaceful as always . .one nigeria! peace to my neighborhood... peace to the nation and the world!
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
fk001:
Nothing will happen Nigeria is one.

Nigeria unity is non negotiable,

It's in all our interest that we remain one, but we have to deliberate on the terms of that oneness, win the war against the elites & corruption, and come together to assess the state of the union, every now and then.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
SUPOL:

You be pastor ni?
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Epositive:

lol, everyone(be you igbo or not, so far you are not hausa) was asked to leave before prayer(jumat) ends, the tension was crazy mehn undecided , maitama extension was flooded with panic for two hours or so, everybody observed by force sit-at-home that moment sad

Hmm,
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by joelsekav(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Here in kwande LGA of Benue state, commercial activities r going on normal, igbo's open their shops. d only thing is dat no money to celebrate as state govt did nt pay salaries 4 8-11 months.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by krishfwesh(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
BY: OYEDEJI EMMANUEL OLUWATIMILEHIN
COSMOS

NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN......

Youth are back bone to the society. They can change the future of the society with their well being and courageous behavior.
Unfortunately today,we find the youth having more interest in other places which are not useful to them as well as society, They chose to spend their days on drugs, game and gambling, They spend their night partying and living it up, so to speak More and more.
young men are sitting at home in front of their television playing games all day instead of raising their voice out in one accord for the betterness of the society, ruling the old age out of the country's politics, the youth got to show the older generation that there are wrong if need be, let them know you are up to the task of governing.
We can change the society from poor government and unemployment, there should know you have the intelligence and skills, show the society what you are made of because "If you are still afraid to speak out against tyranny and injustice you're still a slave."
We youth can change the society in many ways.
Youth aren't just the leaders of tomorrow we should be making a huge changes to the society by now because "progress is impossible without change;and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
Let vote the money looters out, let them know that you are ready to make changes to the society via social media, 'hashtag', activism, writing online and taking part in a protest, there are many ways the youth can (be the change) and making a difference in the society.
* VOLUNTEER
By now youth should be a volunteer in one way or to the other. Its not just adding experience to your curriculum vitae. Usually, the more local you can volunteer or the more focused the action point. Focus on how you can help developing your society or a cause within your society.
* WRITE TO YOUR POLITICAL REPRESENTATIVE
"it's about Reason, Reasoned, Argument and know one is better. " write to them and show them what you think they should be focusing on.
* GIVING OTHER YOUNG PEOPLE A ROLE
one of the best ways you can make a difference is to inspire others to join you. Not only are you teaching other young people about important issues.
*THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Why do videos, campaigns or pictures go viral? Normally a big reason behind this is because it's something not many people will have seen before, which makes it "share able."by finding a way to make a difference in a completely unique way, you can find ways to reach entirely new audiences.
*JOIN ONE
Ask yourself
If Not Me, Who?
If Not Now, When?...
Join the youth in raising their voice and letting the wicked and money looters be aware that the youth are not too young to run. We have alot of youth awareness group that we can join. And the much anticipated bill, seeks age reduction for elective offices in the country.
That is youth can now contest for President at the age of 35& Governor/Senators at the age of 30.
The bill also stipulates that youths at the age of 25 can now legislate in the national and state assemblies.
Keynote
Role of youth in the society is to Renew, Refresh and Maintain.
So, its time for the youth to take over.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up been governed by your inferiors "Plato"

#We are leaders of tomorrow.
#Let's wake up.
#Not too young to run......

Emma.oyedeji1998@gmail.com
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by ikemesit4477: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Talk2Bella:
Adamasingba Stadium Ibadan.

Governor asked us to be here by 7am, lol Oga still never show

Modified

Governor just got here
una no de go church? grin grin
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by stevecantrell: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
@ Stevecantrell,Truckpusher...Happy October 1st...What you celebrating?

Im in Dubai till Wednesday celebrating my escape from that country (naija) for a few days grin
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
stevecantrell:

Im in Dubai till Wednesday celebrating my escape from that country (naija) for a few days grin
just zone out of naij and the issues till your arrival o'jare...enjoy your holiday!
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Wheezdom(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naff24:
I dey my house, finished with my chores, cooked better naija jollof rice, now am eating grin, reading NL updates and also rewatching BLINDSPOT

@OP, I no dey celebrate any yeye Freedom cause we are still in Bondage , but I do celebrate the gift of life everyday! Alhamdulillah Robil Alameen!!!
& who is in bondage.. Ar u nt frm the north.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by donshaddow(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Was on my way to church, saw a brother and I picked him up to. I said "happy Independence ", he never replied. Even until we got to church.
May God help us all. #I'm pained
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by ajisolasheu: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
57th anniversary, we no get light for my area
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by Ojomma: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Very soon we the Biafrans shall sing the lords song on the streets of Biafra land

Then shall all our enemies be afraid of our God and shall be utterly ashamed....
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by manikspears: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Or Biafra

No o, Python still dey dance shoki for that side.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by aiiki(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
wat a gr8 indepence celebration @ c/s movement church kaduna headquarter

Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by bakila: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
Here in Abuja, I'm indoor and just observing. I don't trust anybody especially Nigeria uniform men they can shoot anything today and claim it was trying to cause unrest and label the stuff with IPOB flag.

Seun please don't give them my identity when they come asking o

Lala, please cover your guys o
Fear fear.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by bakila: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
stevecantrell:

Ticket & hotel room number with receipts or you should do the needful and modify according.
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by KingsleyCEO: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
bakila:

Fear fear.

Since they want us to fear them will shall fear them o. grin grin grin
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by lexy2014: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
poh10:
Here in plateau state,Bairiki ladi local government
many security personnel has been deployed here since yesterday heavy patrol going on here
we pray for peace

state your report from your state
no light
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by ezegenigbonine: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
In Dutse makaranta abuja, no light since yesterday shame on this government. No federal payment of salary shame shame shame
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by poh10(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
lexy2014:
no light
since yesterday they have not taken the light here ooo
Re: October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) by lexy2014: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
poh10:

since yesterday they have not taken the light here ooo
we are presently on gen. Inverter has come in handy in between. NEPA is standby in my area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Taxes, Charges Buhari Govt Has Imposed On Nigerians Since 2015 / GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister / Nigerian Army Can’t Defeat Boko Haram Alone – UK High Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.