Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) (22963 Views)

Edo Lawmaker Wore Shorts To His Swearing-In Ceremony As House Of Assembly Member / Peter Obi: Why Buhari Is Yet To Form His Cabinet Weeks After Swearing-in / Oyo Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin At His Hometown, Eruwa After Swearing In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
The day our beloved country went from the hands of sane people to rascals.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Ahmedhussain3463: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Six year later ,some military adventurist struck and trauncate democracy.they annihilate the politician and military of the other divide in what dey describe nationalist coup to salvage nigeria from the political profitteer from only that divide that record casualty.after the coup,the highest beneficiary, a military rogue general kill the aspiration of our founding father by announcing the abolishment of rigional government and introduction of unitary system.today his people are most voiceferous accusing hausa fulani of hindering their advancement in nigeria.God dey sha.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Sanchase: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Spot the different in the field, there was only one car in the field just for him and his wife, but today that's impossible. At least 25 cars will follow buhari for such a parade. This shows how bad things have become.
ruggedized1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgbteWcBCY

2 Likes

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by ruggedized1: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
Anambra born great Zik of Africa..the first president of the largest black nation on earth. #Respect
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
daewoorazer:
When the yams were still fresh, and the goats were just arriving
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Cloud007: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
humilitypays:
Igbos were the the leaders of Nigeria in all human fields before the first coup.

Igbo - first Nigeria president
Igbo - first Nigeria military head of state
Igbo - first Nigeria senate president
Igbo - richest man in West Africa ( late Ojukwu father who also founded the Nigerian Stock Exchange; NSE. Oscar N. Onyema founder of NSE smiley)
Igbo - first Nigerian military graduate from Royal Military academy Sandhurst

1966 coup did lot of bad to Igbo people but I think it was part of destiny, so those enjoying the leadership today feeling like anything and chest beating that an Igbo man will never rule Nigeria in their lifetime, all I have to tell u is this: you are not God nor nature and u can never decide what future holds, only God and time will tell what will happen tomorrow.

El Rufai, Tinubu, etc, etc all considered Buhari a man not fit to be Nigeria president and Buhari contested 3 times and lost but when it was time when destiny has decided that Buhari will become president of Nigeria, all Buhari's enemies gathered together to rebrand Buhari and support him to ensure he wins the presidential election.

So when it is time for God to elevate you, even your enemies will gather support to take you to your seat of glory, only time can decide the future and fate of humans....you are balling big today doesn't mean you will continue to ball big forever, time is the only determinant of our future.

So if you are being oppressed today by anybody, please hang on patiently, time will surely tell, and trust me if your hands are clean, you will prevail over your oppressors.

Dear Igbo people, please don't be intimidated or get overwhelmed by your oppressors today, hang on....but please Igbos keep your hands clean, don't kill any visitor in Igbo land; be it Hausa visitor, Fulani, Yoruba, White man, Indian man, Chinese man, etc, protect them like Igbos always do and destiny, nature and God will continue to fight for you Igbos despite the oppression you are facing today by some tribal bigots in power smiley

God is a just God, He will always protect and fight for the oppressed no matter what.

Desist from hating other tribes, don't follow Nnamdi Kanu's hate speeches....if u want freedom, politely and civily tell the world why you want to be out of Nigeria...don't take up arms, don't kill any innocent person from other tribes living in Igbo land because it is a taboo in Igbo land and if u do so, the laws of nature will be provoked against Igbo land and nature will put a sword among Igbos to kill themselves, that's how karma works, so desist from killing innocent people living in any part of Igbo land..
you are very right. Before the 1st coup... Igbo's were the super tribe. They had three commanding officers out of the 5 military battalion Nigeria had. VCs to premiere universities. I kept wondering the need of the first coup. I bet its super greed. Their generation then wanted to have it all. And it was the first coup DAT changed everything. Both for Igbo and the entire nation.

7 Likes

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Lipscomb(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Opportunist man he was only chosen, Mr propaganda president.
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by manikspears: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
Cloud007:
you are very right. Before the 1st coup... Igbo's were the super tribe. They had three commanding officers out of the 5 military battalion Nigeria had. VCs to premiere universities. I kept wondering the need of the first coup. I bet its super greed. Their generation then wanted to have it all. And it was the first coup DAT changed everything. Both for Igbo and the entire nation.

You know I do wonder why too,I feel they wanted to have it all to themselves.in the early 60s our leaders wanted to show superiority in wisdom and brilliance now I wander want they intend to show.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by qleap2all(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Imagine, they are even the first to taste Power, yet claiming Marginalization!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Odingo1: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
Cloud007:
But the coup was staged by Kaduna Nzeogwu and Ademoyega,Kaduna Nzeogwu is from Mid-western Nigeria while his assistance is a yoruba man.The Eastern Nigeria have no hand in that coup. The north did not oppose Aguiyi Ironsi take over after the coup but are angry with him for not killing the coup plotters which later some enemies of Igbos seize the opportunity to blackmail the Igbos just out of envy of Igbos domination of Nigeria then.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Odingo1: 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
manikspears:

You know I do wonder why too,I feel they wanted to have it all to themselves.in the early 60s our leaders wanted to show superiority in wisdom and brilliance now I wander want they intend to show.
Get your facts right, the proceeding that led to that coup started from Western Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by kayo80(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
Cloud007:

So true.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by chigoziem10(f): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
overlord29:
undecided i'm tiRed, YOu tired....jeSus wept!
Yes I think they should come back and colonize us again, maybe France this time around, I am tired of Nigeria biko
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by diadem10: 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Odingo1:

Get your facts right, the proceeding that led to that coup started from Western Nigeria.

Will you shut up? Nzeogwu himself stated that the coup was tribal both in conception and actualisation among his eastern brothers. Ugly revisionist, you can't change history no matter how hard you try because it's all in the record and archives that it's an Ibo coup!

4 Likes

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Cloud007: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
manikspears:

.... And history is repeating it self again....but now with the northern elite. God help them DAT they should be carried away with their impunity with greed impulses and make good of a coup attempt. Hummm...dats going change the course tins again forever. Dats going to be their ultimate down fall.
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by mayorchelsea(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Certain questions need to be answered about the 1966 coup to give credence/disapprove claims that that coup wasn't really an Igbo coup.First,why did the premiers of other regions lose their lives but that of the East(Okpara) wasn't touched;wasn't even in Nigeria?Secondly, why did Aguiyi-Ironsi turn Nigeria to a unitary state vesting all powers in himself at the center?why were the coup plotters not punished by Ironsi?Was it a case of the end justifies the means and the coup plotters needed no punishment again since power had been grabbed?Today now,we are clamouring for a return to regional government with little power for Abuja?One man changed that.Why does Gowon have to bear the blame for creation of states?What does a boy like me know?

3 Likes

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by shallysgirl: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
If the are flops then Buhari must be a mop head.
velai:
Two Azikiwes have ruled Nigeria, and they were both flops. Name your child "AZIKIWE" to your own peril.
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by NSK4U(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @
GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAVELS.
We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Firstcitizen: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
daewoorazer:
When the yams were still fresh, and the goats were just arriving

grin grin grin grin I swear! you dey craze grin grin grin
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by NSK4U(m): 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @
GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAVELS.
We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by fortune1968: 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
velai:
Two Azikiwes have ruled Nigeria, and they were both flops. Name your child "AZIKIWE" to your own peril.
The clueless one , NA I'm spoil everything.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by manikspears: 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Odingo1:

Dude seriously this hate of a thing is really eating into your bone marrow, get a phycologists. Did I mentioned or a said anything about your reply.your reply has nothing to do with what I wrote. Seriously get some help you need it undecided.happy independence though.

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by daewoorazer(m): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
Firstcitizen:

grin grin grin grin I swear! you dey craze grin grin grin

truth is crazy to the ears man cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by nairanaira12: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2017
princeemmy123:
Blind and short sighted men.

Please explain
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by nairanaira12: 12:38am On Oct 02, 2017
velai:

How was the first one a flop give evidence or shut your thoughtless brain off.

There are clear evidences that Buhari is not different from Jonathan
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by bullbull: 12:39am On Oct 02, 2017
Instead of igbos going to register.. they came to the west to steal the FIFA slot...
They now moved the team to thier own portion of the country...

They should have registered with FIFA.. because countries play region in football.
Even FIFA came to nigeria.. but the people did no go to school..

The decision was for region to be like Scotland...

They have 6 regions which need to register with fifa

hh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnbAPlijgA
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 02, 2017
humilitypays:
Igbos were the the leaders of Nigeria in all human fields before the first coup.

You get sense. See as you make sense because you could trace Nigeria's history before the first coup.

Easterners refused to accept their problem started with the first coup. Instead, they use eraser to clean the first coup and replace it with Ojukwu's war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by PsiData: 5:04am On Oct 02, 2017
We are children of proud history that shows… annexed or not, we had a story, we were forged to make another history and here we are at 57! quite an age lol... To the patriarchs (ancient empires) to our hazy past heroes Azikiwe, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Enahoro, Ekpo, our drops of palmwine from our drinking gourds touch the earth for you, We remember Dele Giwa, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Bola Ige, Alfred Rewane, MKO Abiola and others, we remember… we doff our hats to your courage and raise the right hand for you, we say your blood and effort will not be in vain, we remember our immediate past heroines Dr, Dora Akunyili and Dr, Ameyoh Adedevoh, we still weep, for heroes in the making and heroes unborn who tow the path of freedom, truth and justice a salute to you. Happy birthday Nigeria
Re: Swearing-In Of Nnamdi Azikiwe As The First President Of Nigeria In 1963 (Video) by mechanics(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
simple man, the students in the video will be very old by now, they will be very happy that they witnessed the swearing in ceremony.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Heads To United Kingdom On A Private Visit / Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Uche Secondus Hands-Over To Ali Modu-Sherrif (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.