Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot (22936 Views)

Jega Wants FG To Hands-off On Appointment Of INEC Chair / FLASH: FG Orders ECOWAS Court To Hands Off Nnamdi Kanu's Trial / Asari Dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum,says Boko Haram Is Nothing Compare To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Wizberg12(m): 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), has given the Federal Government one week ultimatum to hands off alleged plan to rig the governorship election in Bayelsa State and install the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Timipre Sylva, as winner.

Asari-Dokubo in a statement issued in Yenagoa, on Thursday, accused the Federal Government and its agencies of collaborating with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to rig the election.

He warned that except government steers clear of the alleged complicity, ex-militants would return to the creeks to resume agitation with consequences on strategic oil installations.

He stated that in furtherance of this, the ex-militants have regrouped under a new formation known as the Reformed Ex-Agitators of the Niger Delta (REND), which he claimed he is now leading to press for a democratic process in determining the outcome of the election.

“If by next week the Federal Government does not hands off from the Bayelsa polls by allowing the people to freely choose their leader but still interfering through the observed various guises and deception, then we would have no option than to return to the creeks to press for our rights as patriotic citizens being unduly oppressed and dehumanized all in the name of politics,” he stated.

Asari-Dokubo said the new group frowned at the role of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Southern Ijaw election saga, alleging that the military received direct instruction from President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that the APC candidate, Timipre Sylva, was declared winner against the wish of the people.

He said, “We have said it before that President Buhari is executing an anti-Ijaw agenda and his aim is to steal our God-given resources to rebuild the north destroyed by Boko Haram. That is why he is hell-bent on manipulating the electoral process in Bayelsa State and hand it over to the APC. They are exploiting Sylva’s greed and desperation for power and therefore using him to carry out their evil agenda. But we want them to know that this country will go up in flames if they try it. Boko Haram will be a child’s play if President Buhari and his APC think they can upturn the people’s mandate. It would be a grave injustice which can never stand. We are Ijaw people and we have never been conquered”.

Dokubo-Asari stressed that going by the results already declared by INEC, PDP’s candidate, Governor Seriake Dickson, had won 6 of the 7 local governments declared with a margin of 33,154 votes and has thus fulfilled constitutional requirement of 2/3 spread and popular votes but without Southern Ijaw as the only local government remaining.

He therefore called on the Federal Government to ensure the election is rescheduled and conducted in a transparent process just as he reiterated that his new organization would be watching to see if the government still interferes in the process till next week and would then launch “a full scale agitation to save our people from modern day slavery of intimidation, oppression and dictators.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/bayelsa-polls-asari-dokubo-gives-fg-7-day-ultimatum-to-hands-off-alleged-rigging-plot/

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by omophunky(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ok I've heard u,

Any other thing to make the threats serious ?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Chanchit: 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don't even need to read the full story cos Asari na imbe cile.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Empty vessel

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by tunjion: 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
GMB inevitable stumbling block, SS/SE.

10 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by dontjealousme: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
U can rig North central, but u cannot rig a people with one leg out of the door, else u find both legs out of the door.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by nduchucks: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Asari has become an irrelevant nonentity, no one cares about his rants. idiota

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by size40: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Where is this dying guy talking from? Asari has given Nigeria, FG, APC, the north and Buhari several ultimatums yet, we don't see Asari acting after its expiration. Instead Asari will hide and pretend as if nothing happened. We are used to his threats and ultimatums

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Wizberg12(m): 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
booked
Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by hinwazaka: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Now we can see why the EFCC is all of a sudden interested in Tompolo. Next week they will begin proceedings, to tie up Asari as well. Goodbye PMB/PYO

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Dannyset(m): 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Same way the mumu cried that if Jonathan was not re-elected, Nigeria will burn. He has since gone into hiding with that his lousy wife. Now, he's making another noise that will finally nail his coffin.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Lanretoye(m): 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don die!,what is the meaning of asari dokubo?
The man only talks for the relevance in irrelevance...I remember he said something will happen if JEG does not return as president.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by IVORY2009(m): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Wahala' e' dey cry' yaga dey sleep' trouble' go wake am, na wetin e dey find? wahala' the federal govt and its agencies should watch it. The current Nigeria is standing on one leg..

2 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
Lanretoye:
I don die!,what is the meaning of asari dokubo?
its meaning is weightier than the meaning of one thief we all know who plays amala politics

11 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by notmywill: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
Where did this empty barrel roll out from now?

Abegi!

Greet madam for us. E don tey! grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by mirabel001(f): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
joker...pdp won
Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Chubhie: 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
Asari should understand that Nigerian oyel is now worthless as used tissue paper. So, his threats don't carry weight. A lot of Nigerian vessels are on the high seas and begging for buyers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by fritiyo: 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
gbam. if the mumu buhari like may him hear from the gods.

The gods are wise oh! military was there before late president grant them amenity, so anybody that is thinking that Nigeria military will ground boys in ss may them rethink well.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by flokii: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
if only FG could give me warrant...

I want to capture this guy myself... gosh!

this Military drive in me has awoken o... hope I don't get blood thirsty soon

7 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by fistonati(m): 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
And what will then happen afterwards. Empty threat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by TimeManager(m): 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
I Wail For Asari. Finally All The Agitations Is All Political And Not Genuine. The Same Idiot That Deceived Gej. Buhari Go Whip This man If In Do Anyhow. Buhari No Dey Shout.
No Be Lie Na True!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by kolnel: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Everybody wants a free and fair election
Even a militant ?
But asari should stop making threats
The threat doesn't hold any water again
Empty threats

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Drsheddy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
E
Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by OrIandoOwoh(m): 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
say baba is a dullard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by freshvine(f): 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
flokii:
if only FG could give me warrant...

I want to capture this guy myself... gosh!

this Military drive in me has awoken o... hope I don't get blood thirsty soon

Really?

And Boko haram Shekeu been playing ludo with Nigerians since

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by flokii: 12:03am On Dec 11, 2015
freshvine:

Really?

And Boko haram Shekeu been playing ludo with Nigerians since

not like Bokoharam na...

with d way Dasuki and co. are playing with soldiers lives

mayb you don't know... make I remind you

na bomb those rams dey use..

3 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 11, 2015
That tin Buhari dey fine for we Niger Deltaians body very soon him go see am then him go knw say dat Boko Haram fight na child's play compare to Wetin him go see. I promise am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by ShowYourCertificate: 7:54am On Dec 11, 2015
Buhari dare not stir the hornet's nest. Asari isn't the one that's even daring, it's the majority of the Bayelsans

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Only fools still take Asari the buffon serious.

4 Likes

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by chat2deen(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2015
"The dodo full stomach" empty brain has spoken! Attention seeker! We all know that Dickson won, but for d interest of people's life and properties in southern ijaw lga has to b halted! Blowing pipeline wen naija crude no dey sweet Oyinbo again? How much b barrel sef?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment Axe Against Osinbajo: Has Senate Lost It? - By Jideofor Adibe / Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats / Uche Secondus Hands-Over To Ali Modu-Sherrif (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.