Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Exposed: Where Jesus Encourage Beating Of Wives in Bible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Exposed: Where Jesus Encourage Beating Of Wives in Bible (489 Views)

Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / 89 Lagos Men Beaten, Violated By Their Wives In 15 Months – Commissioner / Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Where Jesus Encourage Beating Of Wives in Bible by Adieza(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
There is a verse in the Bible in Mark 17:4 that talked about one day when Jesus and his disciples were going to Jerusalem they met a man beating and dragging a woman on the floor. Jesus asked the people gathered around them what happened. They said the two are married and the man loves his wife so much, but when he saw her going out with another man he couldn't accept it and decided to give the women a well deserving beating.

Jesus looked at the man and said, Well done. A woman that is not faithful and obedient to her husband deserves such punishment. He and his disciples laughed and walked away.

If you believe that story, then you need to read the bible more. First Mark 17 doesn't exist. Secondly, Jesus wouldn't have never said or condone a man beating his wife into coma. Lastly, Even if that event had taken place he and his disciples would NEVER have laughed and walked away.
Christians were supposed to be emulator of Jesus. So now have that in mind and lets start.

Last week I published a post about the 10 things white people don't like about Nigerians and number 9 was "Not showing compassion to fellow Africans." many people got very upset because that was not true. But too many Nigerians don't have compassion. They don't even know how to. It starts from the family and expanded to be part of our culture.

Last night I shared a post about the man that beats his wife to coma because she was in a night club with another man and left her child with a nanny. Most Nigerians including women that commented on the post I shared felt the women deserved such beating. Most of these people are Christians.

In the picture no one tried to do anything. A man actually folds his hands and they were all enjoying it. People don't see anything wrong with this. In many countries, it is actually against the law to watch a fight without doing anything to stop it. No, not in Nigeria. We call it barbarism.

A man beats up his wife mercilessly and many Nigerians rejoice. Who is worse, the christian man that beat up his wife mercilessly or the people hailing the man for such cowards behavior? You judge.

People were actually rejoicing that she got this inhuman treatment without any compassion for fellow human. Nobody deserves such humiliation. Christians should never rejoice in the misfortune of others

Provers 17:5 Those who mock the poor insult their maker; those who rejoice in disaster won’t go unpunished. This is one of the reasons why Nigeria is a punished nation.

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep. There are many more verses from the Bible like this.
Fast forward. Nigerian Army beats up and humiliate their citizens and many Nigerians rejoice because those being beaten up and killed are not from their tribes and they deserved it. Kill them, they shouted. That will teach them a lesson.

To me It shows a wicked and barbaric culture and a nation where most people don't have love for each other.

How is it possible that 98% of a nation cannot see something wrong when a man beats a woman into coma. People say "well done" to that man because she must have done something wrong. Really?

But the same people complain when a policeman beats them into a coma. Or the Nigerian Army beats them to Lazarus. But wait, I think the men may have done something wrong. Don't you think so?

But these same Policemen and Soldiers were brought up in a culture that say beat people up when you think they have done something wrong. Don't find out why they did it or how you can help them not to do it next time. But just start beating them up if you think they deserve the beating.

Someone commented that the man must have love the woman so much. No, that is not love. That is jealousy and controlling. A woman is not your property.

Another man was so excited about the outcome of the beating. He commented that every woman doing such deserved it. I asked him if he has a daughter and he said yes. I told him. Please show this picture to your daughter and tell her it is OK for a man to beat her up when she grows up if the man thinks for any reason she deserves such a beating. In America, they say, what goes around comes around.

The moral of the story is no woman deserves such beating and humiliation. It is an act of cowardice to engage somebody much weaker than you. Even in professional boxing, there is weight division. If you have the urge to beat up someone, then pick someone of your category.

Please do me a favor. If you condone the beating of a woman and you go to a church and your pastor never told you it is wrong and condemn the action. Then stop going to that church.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=275751616264287&id=158338594672257

Re: Exposed: Where Jesus Encourage Beating Of Wives in Bible by Adieza(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44

(1) (Reply)

16-year-old Student Who Was Impregnated By Her Vice Principal Gives Birth, Share / Wife Battering, How Do We Explain It ? I Need Your Advice / People Are Wicked In This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.