Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,215 members, 7,822,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria (57229 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by lalasticlala(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
As shared by StatiSense:

WHO EARNS MORE?

5.2% of Nigerian Wives earn more than their Husbands.

84% of Nigerian Wives earn less than their Husbands.

8.3% of Nigerian Wives earn about the same with their Husbands.

0.7% of Nigerian Wives are married to Husband's without earning.

#StatiSense
(NDHS 2018)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1485002666866614278?t=SSYCkDmBMCpbvFONYLeqFA&s=19

PERCENTAGE OF WIVES THAT EARN MORE THAN THEIR HUSBANDS

1 Sokoto — 31.6%
2 Cross river — 13.5%
3 Akwa Ibom — 10.6%
4 Imo — 10.2%
5 Enugu — 8.6%
6 Kogi — 8.4%
7 Edo — 7.8%
8 Osun — 7.5%
9 Plateau — 7.3%
10 Niger — 7.1%
35 Ogun — 1.8%
36 Kebbi — 0.5%

#StatiSense
(NDHS 2018)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1500054902382469120?t=JqI6VAN_gU_CevYo0Ls8DQ&s=19

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by KiNg0G: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
But common to buy menstrual pad with their money they can't.

I fear for the future of our sons.

250 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Candidlady: 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
1.8% ?

No wonder

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by aanuoluwami14(f): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2022
grin what is wrong here? They are one not two again,

5 Likes

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Shalommy(f): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
Will men accept this?. lipsrsealed
Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2022
If not the wicked and heartless leaders we have, I don't see any reason married women should be working.
Women are home maker, they are to be at home looking after the kids.

Women are no longer staying at home again due to the harsh economy and the results is what we are seeing in our society of today.

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by tillaman(m): 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by KiNg0G: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:
If not the wicked and heartless leaders we have, I don't see any reason married women should be working.

Women are no longer staying at home again due to the harsh economy and the results is what we are seeing in our society of today.
what a pathetic post, this kind of weak men na dey follow toto to pay salary.
all because na woman

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
Small pickin talk as usual. When you reach adult age, you will understand my message by then.

KiNg0G:

what a pathetic post, this kind of weak men na dey follow toto to pay salary.
all because na woman

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Candidlady: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:

Seems like you don't like your head!! Watch em come for it

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by KiNg0G: 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:
Small pickin talk as usual. When you reach adult age, you will understand my message by then.

pathetic

17 Likes

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
My message is not for children with no single home training. So they can wail I don't care.

Candidlady:

Seems like you don't like your head!! Watch em come for it

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
5.2% only??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Nyamuriflathead: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
Madridguy
So women shouldn't be asked to work but allowed access to formal education? So as a father, i would spend my hard earned money on a girl child for her to graduate And become a burden to another mans son who had access to same formal education, only for her to be doing Tiktok videos in her husbands house and then demand Gender Equality?
You Sir are a SIMP

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Biglittlelois(f): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
I think the percentage is more than this if we are to compare earnings of married women to legit married husbands cos we have married yahoo boys, armed robbers, cultists, ritual killers, kidnappers, terrorists etc who will claim to be working married men, when we all know their stock in trade.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
The figures can be improved, the female folks need to do more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:

Why should women not work?

Staying out home doing what? Washing, cleaning? When their kids turn to teenager what will the women still be doing at home? Sleep gossip and eat?

Even our fore-fathers wives have their own farms and businesses, to me a woman that will not work will not eat

And besides, women not working is a tool by some people to perpetually put women under slavery, this will lead to only men been in control of all means of production, and women strictly at the mercy of men that's why this shit can never be popular in white countries only third world country

There will be no need to send female children to school if they won't work after their expensive education

Imagine me struggling to send my daughters only for them to want to be lazy ass and not work after spending, borrowing and expending loans on their tuitions while the boys I sent to same school with same school fees are willing to do better for themselves

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
I
KiNg0G:

Martinez39s is calling for your attention on the redpill thread

2 Likes

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Justbehave(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
Biglittlelois:

As you have insulted your parents, hope you've grown tall?
Instead of you to cover your face in shame after seeing the stat.you shamelessly started shaming men calling them names.Who made you this bitter?

42 Likes

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:

What kind of thinking is this? Any man who thinks this way is only a weakling. Raising a healthy and happy child is the duty of birth parents and career shouldn't come in the way of family.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
interesting.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2022

Illiteracy is really a disease. undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by baby124: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
Who put together these sham statistics? Many people will tell you their mothers are breadwinners. All those market women who fend for their families? Millions of them.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2022

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
baby124:
Who put together these sham statistics? Many people will tell you their mothers are breadwinners. All those market women who fend for their families? Millions of them.

Lol...I wouldn't call it an outright sham, but I'm not keen on believing it easily as well.

There are different interpretations and variables, even grey areas to a "statistical data and outcome" like this.

I think The Cloudy Sky above said it well. They just posted numbers without even explaining how they went about with the research.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by bdchange(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
I want to believe this stats dare not be accurate on this present Nigeria. You hardly can point to any family where the woman is idle or not contributing at all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by englishmart(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Horrendous mendacity.

1 Like

Re: Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria by bdchange(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
madridguy:

Please be careful of what you wished for. Women this days want to be liberated from the shackles men has put them, so you can't asked them not to work so that you will continue to spoon-fed them and kick them out at your own will. I can't train my precious daughter and you tell her to hide in the kitchen and be cooking for you just because you have a dick and money. Don't worry she has her vjay and her money too, both of you will live as a happy family and raise the kids together. This is 21st century my brother, just kill this thought abeg.

26 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.