Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144247 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:49am On Oct 02, 2017
peeps4u:

So, would you have TSTV offer lower packages than what they want to offer?

And besides, if DSTV does that, it is a win situation for subscribers, that is why we call for competition. DSTV can bring down their packages far lower than what they give people, but because there are no competitors, they dictate as they like.

Have you forgotten when sim was sold 20-40k, and MTN told you per second billing was impossible? It was GLO arrival that crashed it all.

That's what am saying as well,which for me is a positive thing even though it won't last.Customers win for a short while but becos DSTV had broken even and are now just taking profits,unlike when glo came in when mtn was still at customer acquisition phase and not broken even,mtn had to switch fully.Its not gonna happen to DSTV cos the competitors have always been ill-prepared for DSTV.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by tivta(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:
One simple question for TsTV fanatics,if DSTV decide to run on losses for 6 months by crashing all their packages to #0 naira,what will happen to TSTV?

Are they prepared?

Mind you,they have milked Nigerians for 23 years to be able to do that.

Is TSTV ready for such,cos if not,they should just park somewhere. They ain't ready for business.

Why kill something that is just starting up? Give them benefit of doubt, you are really sounding more like an agent. Time reveals all things. Besides 5k is not that much for Nigerians to die for. Some have already said they are more than happy with the data given monthly. Seriously prove us wrong by being objective. Lets wait and see. 5k is not as bad as mmm...

21 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2017
toseen7:

STFU!...... there is a public holiday today!
Lol.#mumu.is it not a public holiday that millions are free that you should make your decoders available.clowns everywhere you turn

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cumlord(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

Yes Bro.. You just turn on your WiFi and you're good to go
Bros why u too dey lie like dis na?.... Dem neva start to sell decoder... It's on dia website....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Michaelmercy(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Lmao.. Oga o

11 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by maxiflexy(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2017
the money way I hammer for bet9ja this week I dey use am buy this tstv, I just the wait wen dem go enter calabar
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by LeoFish92(m): 10:55am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Clearly you are deranged...If DSTV or Startimes like let them fall, whats my business. All I want is a formidable competition within the DTH space, not some noise making set of people who lack business sense, just like you. Is it by noise.

I've been monitoring your comments from the other thread about tstv to this one, and in as much as you may possess some business sense, it's almost as if u pray for the failure of tstv, more like schadenfreude, .....u are impatiently and eagerly waiting for them to crumble so that you'll rush back to nairaland and give them the ''I-told-you-so''

Ease on it bro, if they fail, hell will not let loose, people will still go about their normal businesses as if nothing happened,

Left for me, I know it's risky but I'll still get their decoder, because not taking a risk is itself very risky!

31 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2017
tivta:

Why kill something that is just starting up? Give them benefit of doubt, you are really sounding more like an agent. Time reveals all things. Besides 5k is not that much for Nigerians to die for. Some have already said they are more than happy with the data given monthly. Seriously prove us wrong by being objective. Lets wait and see. 5k is not as bad as mmm...

I am not killing anything oga.This is why many 9ja businesses fold up within 3 years.no proper planning and homework.just last week Gomyway shut down,when some of us were asking business questions,Dem se we be enemy of progress.DSTV is like Dangote Cement,before you can take them on,be ready with your massive war chest from deep pocket investors,otherwise Na stories that touch the heart Una go de hear.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by majekky: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2017
If i were you i don't need any reviews b4 i buy cox the offer is as good is them giving out dem decoder for free.The 20gb data only is more than enough for 5k not to talk of getting decoder and dish..Na big awof ooooooo
silentachieverr:
I called one of the dealers in Lagos yesterday and she said decoders and dish will be available on Tuesday evening. She sent her account number to book for it which is legit btw but i need to get reviews first before buying it. My DSTV subscription should expire today so I would most liklikely get TSTV this week.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cumlord(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2017
silentachieverr:
I called one of the dealers in Lagos yesterday and she said decoders and dish will be available on Tuesday evening. She sent her account number to book for it which is legit btw but i need to get reviews first before buying it. My DSTV subscription should expire today so I would most liklikely get TSTV this week.
Dont o... Dere is a warning against that.. .. the dealer in my area says they will contact customers when it's ready.... DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by safarigirl(f): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2017
kingar:
In as much as we are excited over the indigenous paytv network TSTv, which was said to have been launched yesterday but no tangible prove of its launching, not even a faded picture.
I hope this will not be worse than our grandmaster of data, there give 10GB for 10naira but the rest is a known process.
TSTV launch, picture or I donbilivit
the launching was shown on AIT yesterday....if you had tuned in, you would know
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Tiffbuxas: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2017
henryhemon:

They want quality for less,how is that possible?? We 've many many educated illiterates in Nigeria. They don't even for once think.
so we must pay 13k to watch TV?... Is that what is obtained in other countries... My Broda different strokes for different folks if ure so in tune with dstv no wahala Buh me I'm bloody fed up.....

I stand with naija I stand with tstv

12 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Mobsync(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2017
TheMainMan:
yea... it can
Ok. Thank you very much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by silentachieverr(m): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2017
cumlord:

Dont o... Dere is a warning against that.. .. the dealer in my area says they will contact customers when it's ready.... DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING

Yea, I pondered over it and came to a conclusion that I will not pay in advance. I am not in a hurry. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2017
LeoFish92:

I've been monitoring your comments from the other thread about tstv to this one, and in as much as you may possess some business sense, it's almost as if u pray for the failure of tstv, more like schadenfreude, .....u are impatiently and eagerly waiting for them to crumble so that you'll rush back to nairaland and give them the ''I-told-you-so''

Ease on it bro, if they fail, hell will not let loose, people will still go about their normal businesses as if nothing happened,

Left for me, I know it's risky but I'll still get their decoder, because not taking a risk is itself very risky!

Oga I am pained cos for many years I have been looking for a real competitor to DSTV,I hate DsTV with passion and till date they still call me to ask me why I dumped their decoders.

My issues with TSTV:

1) Poor start: You don't launch out when you ain't ready to distribute decoders,it shows lack of proper plan

2) Website: This looks unprofessional with the font sizes and colors.i can already project their performance

3) The real reasons why millions patronize the monopolistic DSTV is Soccer- EPL,UCL.Only DSTV have the right for this in 9ja at least for top games.

It's not enough to make noise but you must be well prepared for war in business where a monopoly exist.

TSTV is not prepared.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by majekky: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2017
why worry? jst take the benefit of dis moment and worry less, To me either TSTV last or not(WHICH I PRAY IT SHOULD), 5k is wat am willing to sacrifice monthly as far as i get my 10 or 20gb Monthly. So i will count TSTV more or less a FREE-TO-AIR with other benefits
cooldood:
One simple question for TsTV fanatics,if DSTV decide to run on losses for 6 months by crashing all their packages to #0 naira,what will happen to TSTV?

Are they prepared?

Is TSTV ready for such,cos if not,they should just park somewhere. They ain't ready for business.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by 9japrof(m): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2017
darfay:

just went through their revised channel list and it was nothing to write home about asides the sport channels
Seams they only worked on the package and not on the content

Well the truth is that Nigerians go with the flow, anything to which they believe is been hyped about should not be criticised, criticise constructively and you would be labelled a hater, quality content is what we should encourage TSTV to enbibe and nothing else.

Na so we criticise them for MMM letting em know the downsides of Ponzi schemes and they were there running mouths, now a lot of them are looking for people to sell accounts with millions stucked in em for pennies. The

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
so we must pay 13k to watch TV?... Is that what is obtained in other countries... My Broda different strokes for different folks if ure so in tune with dstv no wahala Buh me I'm bloody fed up.....

don't mind all dis kids. how much were dey selling data around 2010-2014? when dollar was still lower, now u get it for a cheaper price... u can watch cable TV with ur data android TV box if u leave in an area with good WiFi... dis no bigi in paying for cable TV datx recycle same movie or program all day long
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by LeoFish92(m): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Oga I am pained cos for many years I have been looking for a real competitor to DSTV,I hate DsTV with passion and till date they still call me to ask me why I dumped their decoders.

My issues with TSTV:

1) Poor start: You don't launch out when you ain't ready to distribute decoders,it shows lack of proper plan

2) Website: This looks unprofessional with the font sizes and colors.i can already project their performance

3) The real reasons why millions patronize the monopolistic DSTV is Soccer- EPL,UCL.Only DSTV have the right for this in 9ja at least for top games.

It's not enough to make noise but you must be well prepared for war in business where a monopoly exist.

TSTV is not prepared.

U are right sha, let's wait and see
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by wintersnow(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2017
cumlord:

Bros why u too dey lie like dis na?.... Dem neva start to sell decoder... It's on dia website....

Smh you Don forget say nah 9ja you dey abi... So because its written on the website, you think its not possible to get it?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Lol...Didn't you support HiTv where are they today?didn't you support Startime,where are they today in the DTH space even after partnering with NTA? Simply cos they had mumus like u as their advisers who know nothing in terms of business tactics and strategy.

my friend this ur claimed 'super idea' in bizness strategy nd sounding so pessimistic for a station that's yet to start transmission ts signal is discouraging.
That HiTV failed does not mean dat other satellite TV won't not succeed. Don't u tink this TSTV has done some underground work, perhaps studied y HiTV failed nd picked some idea from d lessons of HiTV failure.
As for startimes I knew they wia bound to fail. I cud not see that collab wit NTA, a non functional civil service as something that would yield gud result in the long run.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by henryhemon(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Tiffbuxas:

You Re not looking at the bigger picture,there's no way they can sustain that Business model if they re offering quality at that price. I will be happy if it works and the content is good at that price.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by joshuaarmani2: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Are they prepared?

It's been a while since I've read posts from a bitter soul like this cooldood of a guy.
Mehn, you have so much hate, darkness and bitterness in your heart. You're a classic example of a "never-do-well" coz u hate to see someone else succeed or at least try. What's your problem with TsTV? You claim you know much about business, how successful are you in real life? Ehn? I detest people like you and I'm truly sorry for people around you coz you must have infect them with your captivity of negativity and kill their dreams. Over Sabi boy like you, empty barrel throwing stones at everyone with a contrary opinion. Ode.
You'll cover yourself in shame eventually unless you make conscious change in your worldview about life and people. Don't even bother to quote me. Sense fall on your oversabi empty bitter mind and soul.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Orgym(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2017
Oya
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by henryhemon(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

its very possible, with an android TV box, u can watch just about anything, especially if u av wifi.. I watch EPL, even Australian league on ma fone and it doesn't consume much mb....

dstv is only enjoying their monopoly, same way mtn said per second billing was impossible....

What's much MB for You?? I'm not doubting you but if you say doesn't consume MB that I will argue.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by 9japrof(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2017
tempest01:
Ñ

You sef... You know how much e go take to set up their own station and pay for rights? I think for premiership, dstv had the sole right to sit in this part of in not mistaken. This is a good venture at least for a start. With time, they will grow. They know what they are offering, that is why the price is low. At the very least, for 3k (more than what we spend for data monthly) we get to watch sports and get data too. The data alone is worth the price.

I know it is to early to book and Merry, but your own negativity is too much.... And you will be among the first to buy.

I agree with you though on getting their distribution channels in place before launch, and also the reward in investment for distributors is poor.

Good, someone with a thinking cap, my negativity is not too much, but if there is something Nigerians detest sooo much is criticism. And I can bet you(I pray to be wrong, cos I want to benefit also) this internet service so to speak would not be available in every state in Nigeria.

The pay as you watch is a catchy phrase cos you can only pause for not more than 7 days, and after it you must run it down(this is still commendable cos it's a new feature to hit nigerian market), a lot of Nigerians don't know this

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by wintersnow(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2017
peeps4u:

Please, which stations are there and what about the video quality?

So many stations..ranging from sport to music and movies,
The picture quality is ok, not truly HD though, buh its clear enough
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Fiscabally(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

Yup I got one from an agent..
Aigh, so what's ur experience so far about the channels and hotspot
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2017
okomogo:

The things we do today will catch up with us tomorrow, no matter the amount you collect from your pay master trying to discredit an indigenous company at a time we all are preaching buy naija to grow naija, the money will be exhausted one day and you will have to look for money somewhere else, this company you are working so hard to run down might even employ you or any of your relatives tomorrow. Yes they may have some hitches at start up but you should not discourage people from patronizing them, the so called DSTV did not start with all her channels intact, Encourage Start-ups and stop playing the devil. It might be your turn tomorrow. What goes around comes around.

I laugh in German.See you don't hate DSTV as much as I do,can you dump your DSTV decoder for 12months,that's what I did.I use that to send my annoyance to DSTV.I simply watch matches using my internet.How many Nigerians will do that.If millions do same,DSTV will have no choice but to crash rates well and permanently. So am not a DSTV agent.And I am not discouraging anyone in buying TSTV,infact I'd also buy it and see for myself.I hope TSTV disappoints me though cos I was one of the first to buy HiTv and Startimes but where are they today.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by tivta(m): 11:16am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

I am not killing anything oga.This is why many 9ja businesses fold up within 3 years.no proper planning and homework.just last week Gomyway shut down,when some of us were asking business questions,Dem se we be enemy of progress.DSTV is like Dangote Cement,before you can take them on,be ready with your massive war chest from deep pocket investors,otherwise Na stories that touch the heart Una go de hear.

TStv launches, gets three-year tax relief http://tz.ucweb.com/10_HVwd
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2017
henryhemon:

You Re not looking at the bigger picture,there's no way they can sustain that Business model if they re offering quality at that price. I will be happy if it works and the content is good at that price.

dia is no way for real.... BT in the UK give u unlimited access to all channel , free call and data for as low as 30pounds... considering the UK standard of living.... Tstv package is more than possible

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2017
joshuaarmani2:

It's been a while since I've read posts from a bitter soul like this cooldood of a guy.
Mehn, you have so much hate, darkness and bitterness in your heart. You're a classic example of a "never-do-well" coz u hate to see someone else succeed or at least try. What's your problem with TsTV? You claim you know much about business, how successful are you in real life? Ehn? I detest people like you and I'm truly sorry for people around you coz you must have infect them with your captivity of negativity and kill their dreams. Over Sabi boy like you, empty barrel throwing stones at everyone with a contrary opinion. Ode.
You'll cover yourself in shame eventually unless you make conscious change in your worldview about life and people. Don't even bother to quote me. Sense fall on your oversabi empty bitter mind and soul.

Lol...LMAO!e de pain am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.