Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144631 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

they prolly targeted the icon October 1 to lauch... I shall hope dey won't fall person hand...
Amen!!
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Snow5:

You are right with your assertion.. And I agree with your point..

But know this.. TSTV has not come to fail.. Don't wish them that.. And besides.. You are not aware of their strength and durability even their underground work.. Don't write them off like that..

They have seen the market and they know what they are capable of doing... Wait for it man!!!

I certainly wish them well and hope they're reading some of our comments.If they can be equipped with either of those 2 things I listed,the sky is the beginning for them.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by aycorporat(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2017
iliyande:

Tnx u

I abandoned Dstv sub for long time after discovering that with 500# I can watch all my matches. Unlike those crap that offers selective matches for their customers.
Bros please teach me, I'm willing to learn.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2017
Bobbybube:

Bro how do you watch your matches for #500
Help a brother. I'm interested.

I have glo enabled 4g mifi
I have an android tv box
I use to sub glo weekend plan for #500 =3gig which is enough to carryover to the next weekend

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

The stations are ok for an average Nigerian family...
Mehn the hotspot is da bomb! I receive 8mb/persec internet speed
Why don't u prove dis wit pictorial evidence

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ayobase(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:

Thanks for the info brotherly, buh do you know that with your 1.8 meter dish you can pick 80 to 90 percent of this channels you posted here for free ?

TSTV would make you pay what you can get free.

You are becoming a nuisance.
What sort of agent are you!

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dokun88: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Hmmm
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by peeps4u: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

I hope their Yoruba Movie channel is showing good movies? My wife will not like it if the movies aren't much interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by 400billionman: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:
TSTV made a tactical mistake, they never had their distribution channels in place before launching.

The incentives for distributors is so poor, why would I pay 4.4 million naira to get 1000 decoder kits only to sell for 5000 naira each meaning investing 4.4 million to earn a paltry sum of 600k. They should do better...

TSTV is an amalgamation of channels, nothing special, a lot of channels on their bouquet are channels being picked by 1.8 meter dish users, e.g the beIN sports, MBC series etc.

Real DTH aggregators own their channel series, e.g multichoice( the owners of DSTV) own the supersport channels, buh TSTV own nothing, they own no channel of their own, only gathering free channels and broadcasting to Nigerians .

The Internet feature they are broadcasting to Nigerians cannot be available in all nigerian states(I pray to be wrong on this) startimes have this feature on the combo box which a lot of their users are not even aware of, some are using it presently in Nigeria and I think that feature can only be used in not more than 5 states in Nigeria.

TSTV if not careful would go the way of HITv, the company have launched into the country running at a loss, that's why the branding and hyping to convince Nigerians to buy, if the sales and turnover anticipated is not achieved, either more money is pumped in to sustain the business or the business would be on a downward spiral.

KweseTV that has been there building structures to ensure distribution channels before launching is still way better and would outlive TSTV in the long run.Kwese even went ahead with their commitment to give out free decoders to thousands of dealers.

NB: the kwese brand is owned by strive masiywa, the brain behind econet wireless and TSTV is even broadcasting one of their channels kwese free sport(KFS) on their bouquet asking you to pay for the channel that kwese is broadcasting for free

Sir, launch your own TV.

Nigerians need CHANGE.

Stop trying to kill someone else's sweat. Let the market decide pls.

Thanks..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by surgical: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Lomprico2:

Hitv were too greedy and they shot themselves at the foot.

Tstv is here to stay. Go and d......
spot on, greed was what killed Hitv, no more no less.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by henryhemon(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

dia is no way for real.... BT in the UK give u unlimited access to all channel , free call and data for as low as 30pounds... considering the UK standard of living.... Tstv package is more than possible

Let's wait n see how it pawns out.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Olamiikunle(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2017
Well, I can only hope Tstv has done their assignments well on how to keep up running in terms of good customer care, good signal strengths and others you can think of...
But people should know that Dstv is only exclusive to SkySports studio, .. Tstv is delivering other channels which are eligible to show all matches..this makes dem strong competitors against dstv.. These channels on basic can be gotten on internet TV just as sky sports... Supersport only just shows us selected content from sky sports..
Am more hopeful of quality service delivery and Tstv will have deir heads above water level..

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by henryhemon(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
why not give them a chance..... U should always give people the benefit of doubt beside what do u stand to lose

Oh ok.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by CaptPlanet(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2017
LilSmith55:

Oya, make we test am see wich one beta pass

Come carry.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

I am not being pessimistic bro,I am already just disappointed.I was the first to market TsTV with my mouth to colleagues but see it now,no where to buy decoders.Is that how you start war in a monopoly market.Nah.

I fully understand ur fear nd concerns it shows that u r a long time satellite TV subscriber.
There will certainly b initial hiccups. Its a new bizness outfit. The initial challenges will play out.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by joshuaarmani2: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

See,take it or leave it.There are 2 major ways to compete in business:

1) Pricing
2) Product differentiation

In a market where there exist a Monopoly that has already made its capital outlay back manyfolds, price war may just kill you quickly. Then you're left with Number 2.

Now the question to answer is why exactly are millions addicted to DSTV yet in their minds they dislike them? My answer: Live EPL and UCL top matches.

To compete with No.1 strategy,you must have patient capital from deep pocket investors.

To compete with No.2,you must go after that Unique Value Proposition.

I don't see TSTV equipped with any of these.
This idiot should just shut up already... What's your own with TsTV sef? Always spewing trash occupying cyberspace with bitterness and hatred. Boy, I hate to break it to you, but people like you hardly succeed in life.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by aribitoye(m): 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

Oga where did you get ur decoder? Hmmm
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
TSTV launching on point!!!!!! And d incredible news is Mr Lai Muhammad just said the federal government of Nigeria has given TSTV Africa a tax waiver for three year

Dstv done buy market oo

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
joshuaarmani2:

This idiot should just shut up already... What's your own with TsTV sef? Always spewing trash occupying cyberspace with bitterness and hatred. Boy, I hate to break it to you, but people like you hardly succeed in life.

LWKMD! If you ever have the chance to meet me in an event,you'd almost already be on your toes as to the level God has taken someone like me to. I enjoy intellectual discuss based on evidence and not speculations or emotions.

Many years to come you will not be able to match me in business discuss.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Bobbybube(m): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
iliyande:

I have and android tv box
I use to sub glo weekend plan for #500 =3gig which is enough to carryover to the next weekend
Thanks.
Its just that glo sercice is really poor in my area and not really trustworthy.
How does the android tv box work. I have no idea about it
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
nearest:
I really do not mind Tstv giving me all those free sports stations only accessible with a 1.8m or higher dishes with a 60cm dish. As long as it's in English, live, I don't mind paying the monthly subscription.
Imagine multichoice now adding four miserable channels to the gotv plus plan, calling it gotv max, doubling, I repeat, doubling the subscription. That's the height of wickedness.
You can say that again, very wicked people thanks to TSTV. Even if what TSTV have to offer us is that 2 gig I am OK with it, we are simply sick and tired with Multichoice.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by otokx(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
We should all be cautious.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Hardetayour: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

See,take it or leave it.There are 2 major ways to compete in business:

1) Pricing
2) Product differentiation

In a market where there exist a Monopoly that has already made its capital outlay back manyfolds, price war may just kill you quickly. Then you're left with Number 2.

Now the question to answer is why exactly are millions addicted to DSTV yet in their minds they dislike them? My answer: Live EPL and UCL top matches.

To compete with No.1 strategy,you must have patient capital from deep pocket investors.

To compete with No.2,you must go after that Unique Value Proposition.

I don't see TSTV equipped with any of these.
BeIN Sports show all types of sports u want to watch. If u have mobdro on your android phone, you would know.

With my Compact Plus dual view, I get 3 live Epl matches and most LA Liga games as far as the time doesn't clash. And I get the worst UCL match u can ever think of. They won't even show Arsenal UEL matches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Hardetayour: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Olamiikunle:
Well, I can only hope Tstv has done their assignments well on how to keep up running in terms of good customer care, good signal strengths and others you can think of...
But people should know that Dstv is only exclusive to SkySports studio, .. Tstv is delivering other channels which are eligible to show all matches..this makes dem strong competitors against dstv.. These channels on basic can be gotten on internet TV just as sky sports... Supersport only just shows us selected content from sky sports..
Am more hopeful of quality service delivery and Tstv will have deir heads above water level..
Exactly my point. TsTV isn't competing with Dstv when it comes to sports cos BeIN Sports shows all types of sports including the NBA which is the main draw for me

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
To all the enemies of TSTV in the house let us shout a gigantic thunderous Holy Ghost Fire on their head, 1, 2, go... Holy Ghost..... Fire....... The Thunder web go fire any anti TSTV de-marketer here still de do press up with Boko Haram for Sambisa forest.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
To all the enemies of TSTV in the house let us shout a gigantic thunderous Holy Ghost Fire on their head, 1, 2, go... Holy Ghost..... Fire....... The Thunder wen go fire any anti TSTV de-marketer here still de do press up with Boko Haram for Sambisa forest.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by epistleNow(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Has anyone seen the "decoder", I think its a smart box though. Pictures please.

There should, by now, be a video showing how it works and all.

Leverage is a big thing, and they seems to have it now.
The sentiment is riding high, TSTV should maximise on it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by mecussey(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
Olamiikunle:

Why I think TSTV Heavenly promises are dead on arrival...

1) Offers are too good to be true...

Hardware ...

A DVB-S/S2 receiver with tuner, processor, ram, power supply unit, video filters/hdmi port, Rj45 port, PVR capability, wifi hotspot etc...all for 5k This means cost of production is about 10usd. Ask any company in China, this is not possible unless its been subsidized by govt or something else.

Channel lists...

Beinsports is owned by a company in the middle list and only have the right to broadcast EPL in the middle east and north africa by satellite. If they had wanted to cover Africa, its just a transfer of funds and bam...the beam is everywhere in Africa. Tstv promising to beam beinsports MENA to Africans is either piracy or fraud. The only legal means to bring beinsports to Africa is by IP but they already denied that 20gb is just VAS...i dey watch in 7D. They might succeed in beaming the beinsports MENA to Africa but will shut it down within few months.

Suddenly they got to offer data very cheap...what has Etisalat, MTN and Glo been doing. Does it mean they never knew how to get and offer data at a very cheap rate..?? Ok let us assume they know what others dont know...now, how to they want to offer these data to her customers.. There are only three ways to share data...either by satellite, terrestrial or Cable alright

TSTV is a satellite provider, it means they plan to share this data by satellite, it then means the customer satellite dish must carry a BUC and LNB all for 5k with STB...? This is more than MMM. The other way to share the data is by terrestrial ...either by gprs or wifi..this then means there will be coverage problem and NBC must know where and how the broadcast station are...and we all know what NBC can do to frustrate a growing business in Nigeria...i rule that one out.

They are confusing Nigerians with HBB technology...Hybrid box is just multiple source input box...dvb-s/s2/t/t2/c and IP there is nothing new here. If there was something new...this technology could have been everywhere in the world and no one will care to pay for cable or satellite TV. I have plenty things to say here but let me stop here, will come back to add more...

Conclusion,

I am not trying to be pessimsitic about TSTV but everything look vague to me. Why choose a brand name close to DSTV and a color code close to multichoice

Why make all these noise and lunch without any goods to sell?? I am certain TSTV is not prepared for this business and challenges that comes with it. Would it not had been better TSTV starts broadcast in June, stabilize and then lunch in October There is need to test your product properly before selling, even deadly nuclear weapons are been tested. well, I still keep my fingers crossed. Since Edo people can fly without airbus, and bakassi boys can resist live bullets without bullet proof, TSTV can still work without means.

The good news is here is 5k to me looks like spare money to an average Nigerian so, nothing to worry about. However, 5k multiplied by 100 million homes... In Akpan's voice...'guy this is money oo'

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by MediumStout(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
iliyande:

I have and android tv box

How much Did u buy the android tv box and where can i get one?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by wintersnow(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
aribitoye:

Oga where did you get ur decoder? Hmmm

I didn't buy...got it from an agent
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dollarnaira: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
A child who just made his first step of walking is not expected to run that same day.

TSTV is like this child expected to run like cheetah by some hard minded Nigerians.

Everything on earth had a beginning.....u give it time to grow.

Definitely TSTV will have issues but they will improve as time passes.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Bobbybube:

Thanks.
Its just that glo sercice is really poor in my area and not really trustworthy.
How does the android tv box work. I have no idea about it

Their 4G is very reliable. The box is mean for livestreaming

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.