Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB (1447 Views)

Why Herdsmen Burnt My Farm – Olu Falae / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do / Biafrans Are Not Terrorists – CAN President Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 02, 2017
Herdsmen have been rearing cattle and providing this economic function for thousands of years.

If herdsmen were terrorists they would have began their terrorism thousands of years ago.

There would be a spokesman with media branch to communicate reason behind their terrorism.

What evidence has ever been presented that the terrorists labelled Fulani herdsmen were actually really herdsmen?

Is it not odd that these terrorist the news media call Fulani herdsmen are never captured? If that is the case, how is the news media so sure that herdsmen are actually behind the terrorist act?

Does it follow that if news media blame a spate of terrorist acts on market traders, then market traders should be be proscribed to be terrorists? Of course not! So why is it right to proscribe herdsmen which is people providing an economic function.

In simple terms:

The unprovoked attacks on farming communities in Benue, Enugu are terrorist attacks by terrorist unidentified (i suspect Boko haram)
Terrorists are terrorists
Herdsmen are herdsmen - not terrorists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by kernel505: 12:29am On Oct 02, 2017
In which part of the world does herdsmen travel with AK47?

9 Likes

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Exactly !
people using Ak47 are not herdsmen they are terrorists..

Whenever we see herdsmen all the carry is a stick.
kernel505:
In which part of the world does herdsmen travel with AK47?
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 02, 2017
LOL .. another sympathy thread.

You gets not love .. terrorista ..... tongue

I'll have to admit, I miss Nnamdi Kanu's stupidity..

Dumbess terrorist, I ever saw. Thought shekau was hilarious too. grin
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by aolawale025: 12:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Seems the writer is just kidding?

2 Likes

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 02, 2017
IPOB peaceful ?

LOL!

Peaceful is registering your organisation and making it accountable

Peaceful is not declaring that elections will not hold and the intimidation it implies.

Peaceful is not holding unauthorised rallies.

Peaceful is not blocking bridges

Peaceful is not declaring sit -at - home day with implied intimidation.

Peaceful is not making hate speeches against the president

Peaceful is not threatening war and seeking arms for war.

All the above adds up to terrorism.
iloveconductor2:
Yes, peaceful Biafra Republic-seeking Igbos are terrorists yet we can't let them be on their own country while AK-47-wielding Fulani herdsmen who are rated 4th most dangerous terror group in the world are not terrorists.

Nizooria logic. cheesy cheesy

Next
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Desyner: 1:20am On Oct 02, 2017
What I posted as a thread some days back.

The news of the menace of Fulani herdsmen terrorising individual and small community or group of people probably isn't new to anyone reading this. What may be unknown or strange to any reader about the Fulani herdsmen terror issue is the fact that the government of Nigeria and most state government find it extremely hard to
label them a terrorist group or even acknowledge their impact to the point of trying to put a solution in place.

Below are some reasons it will be extremely hard to compel the FG to proscribe the Fulani herdsmen terrorizing farmers and settlements as terrorists or a terrorist group even when their attrocities appear to be open knowledge.

1). The utterances of Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeder Association
This association unlike IPOB - a group of freedom seekers whose persecution is generating heat and comparison to Fulani - does not come out to make implicating statements that can be easily traced back to them. They may pass their message through print media and come out to deny it. IPOB for example has many implicating pictures and videos in social media implicating them as a terrorist group.
If a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is pictures in motion, then there is a library of material implicating groups like IPOB.

2). Their Language of Communication
Yes, With their most common language of communication, hausa, needing translation it is easier to issue threats and still claim the actual message was different but lost in translation. This isn't the case for IPOB and that yoruba guy in a foreign country (grandson).

3). The way the Fulani herdsmen say what they say
They say things with expression that can be open to wide variety of translations. This is true for Buhari (their grand patron) and the everyday thugs who use code to communicate.
Remember the Dog and baboon statement? Can it be easily proven in a court of law that he threatened human beings? That's exactly what I am saying.

4). The tactic of the Terrorizing herdsmen
They strike like the normal gangs of robber in some cases. Think of it, if the goverment doesn't tag Baddoo of Ikorodu or 1-million-gang of Badagry as terrorist group, what makes you think they will tag Fulani herdsmen who attack people in similar fashion but in smaller and sparse groups as terrorists ?
Most of the crime they commit they don't commit with their herds present. So how can we conclude

5). The power play situation
The core north controls this country and see the Fulani herdsmen as nothing because they hardly go after the core northerner. The herdsmen prefer to attack small groups of non-muslim people who the majority of muslims have no feeling for. Add the fact that core northerners dominate the army, it becomes even harder to proscribe one of their own as terrorist.
Imagine for a second Jonathan being the one to order military to go after ND militants. Very unlikely right?

6). The origin of Fulani herdsmen
Not all Fulani herdsmen are actually from Nigeria. This makes it hard to tag them properly. The El Rufai episode where he paid the killers of his people is still fresh in memory.
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by iloveconductor2: 1:30am On Oct 02, 2017
[s]
GenBuhari:
IPOB peaceful ?

LOL!

Peaceful is registering your organisation and making it accountable

Peaceful is not declaring that elections will not hold and the intimidation it implies.

Peaceful is not holding unauthorised rallies.

Peaceful is not blocking bridges

Peaceful is not declaring sit -at - home day with implied intimidation.

Peaceful is not making hate speeches against the president

Peaceful is not threatening war and seeking arms for war.

All the above adds up to terrorism.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by iloveconductor2: 1:50am On Oct 02, 2017
TheCabal:

Please, do you have more photo's , I am building an anti-terrorist website, where I will display IPOB activities.
Please just attach them and mention me, I will download them and add to the site.
Thank for that one.

Sure cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by chomchom1(f): 2:24am On Oct 02, 2017
OP is a fulani what do u expect from him... We Will never go forward, till we learn how to say d truth and avoid sentiments..

4 Likes

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Can you prove that the terrorist attacks ascribed to herdsmen were indeed carried out by herdsmen? No, you can't!

Even if for arguments sake a some herdsmen carried out terrorist attacks (although I don't believe they did) should all herdsmen who do an economic function be labelled terorist and banned?

If the same daft reasoning is extended to the agitation, if the Biafra agitators do not have a named platform such as IPOB, then IPOB terrorists would have been simply called Igbos which means all Igbos should be proscribed?
chomchom1:
OP is a fulani what do u expect from him... We Will never go forward, till we learn how to say d truth and avoid sentiments..
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Buharimustgo: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2017
The reason why we have problem in this country is because Nigeria doesn't have any national standard.
With this kind of justification made by this OP,I just feel like vomiting having someone reasoning like him and still claims to be educated

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2017
You see to be a terrorist group you have to name your terrorist organization.

And that also involves having a clearly distinct leader.

Boko haram formed their name and have their leader.

Also terrorist group IPOD have their distinct leader Kanu.
Buharimustgo:
The reason why we have problem in this country is because Nigeria doesn't have any national standard.
With this kind of justification made by this OP,I just feel like vomiting having someone reasoning like him and still claims to be educated
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by diadem10: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari:
Exactly !
people using Ak47 are not herdsmen they are terrorists..

Whenever we see herdsmen all the carry is a stick.

Will shut up ya mouth? It's like you're blind not to have seen the several pics showing herdsmen with a gun alongside their herd of cattle.

So, the herd of cattles with them are what? Your brain? You had better leave this place with your stupidity because I can't tolerate such.

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by RZArecta(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari, stop trying to be clever by half. Stop absolving these terrorist herdsmen of crimes they're guilty of, are you trying to say people like Olu Falae or others ranging from the north, south east and west who have been severally attacked, murdered, ráped, property destroyed don't know Fulani herdsmen when they see them ? You're a wicked fellow indeed, the fact that the Buhari led APC junta decides to do nothing about the murderous activities of herdsmen rather deploying military assets to protect them and their cattle instead doesn't mean other non- Fulani who suffer the brunt of these attacks are blind and one day, monkey go enter market no come back. It's a simple sociological fact, every society had ur elastic limit.

http://sunnewsonline.com/monsters-shocking-revelations-by-captured-herdsmen/

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
Come and shut my mouth. Why do you think "Herdsmen" only carry guns in online photos. Because they are not herdsmen but terrorists disguised as herdsmen posing for photos. Boko haram terrorists have been captured with herds of cattle which the steal

I repeat terrorists are terrorists, herdsmen are herdsmen herdsmen are not terrorists.

Mr clever try and recall whether you ever seen a herdsman with a gun in real life.
diadem10:

Will shut up ya mouth? It's like you're blind not to have seen the several pics showing herdsmen with a gun alongside their herd of cattle.

So, the herd of cattles with them are what? Your brain? You had better leave this place with your stupidity because I can't tolerate such.
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by diadem10: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari:
Come and shut my mouth. Why do you think "Herdsmen" only carry guns in online photos. Because they are not herdsmen but terrorists disguised as herdsmen posing for photos. Boko haram terrorists have been captured with herds of cattle which the steal

I repeat terrorists are terrorists, herdsmen are herdsmen herdsmen are not terrorists.

Mr clever try and recall whether you ever seen a herdsman with a gun in real life.

Shut up your putrid mouth, you this illiterate! I've seen an herdsman with a gun and a dagger before. So shut that stinking mouth of yours and go back to the bush, where you belong.

Moreover, grazing around like lunatics is archaic and shouldn't be found anywhere in modern world. So carry your bush mentality and go Bleep yourself. Animal.

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Olu Falae farm was attacked by unidentified terrorists. The fact that it suited the press media to label that terrorist attacker herdsmen does not make it true.

Did Olu Falae tell you he sighted the terrorists with his own eyes and recognised them as herdsmen? No.
RZArecta:
GenBuhari, stop trying to be clever by half. Stop absolving these terrorist herdsmen of crimes they're guilty of, are you trying to say people like Olu Falae or others ranging from the north, south east and west who have been severally attacked, murdered, ráped, property destroyed don't know Fulani herdsmen when they see them ? You're a wicked fellow indeed, the fact that the Buhari led APC junta decides to do nothing about the murderous activities of herdsmen rather deploying military assets to protect them and their cattle instead doesn't mean other non- Fulani who suffer the brunt of these attacks are blind and one day, monkey go enter market no come back. It's a simple sociological fact, every society had ur elastic limit.

http://sunnewsonline.com/monsters-shocking-revelations-by-captured-herdsmen/
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dude come and shut me up. Stop repeating yourself!

It is ironic that the sentences (bold) you used to call me an illiterate is grammatically incorrect.

You saw a herdsman with a gun yet you never felt your life was threatened otherwise you would have snapped a photos and reported him to police.

If you saw Boko haram with a gun and dagger do you feel you would still be alive to tell the story?.

I have noticed herdsmen carrying guns, but if the odd one is seen with a gun does it automatically mean terrorist? After all cattle is an asset that requires security. Are there not men with guns guarding passengers on long distance coach journeys? Banks etc?
diadem10:

Shut up your putrid mouth, you this illiterate! I've seen an herdsman with a gun and a dagger before. So shut that stinking mouth of yours and go back to the bush, where you belong.

Moreover, grazing around like lunatics is archaic and shouldn't be found anywhere in modern world. So carry your bush mentality and go Bleep yourself. Animal.
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by diadem10: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari:
Dude come and shut me up. Stop repeating yourself!

It is ironic that the sentence (bold) you used to call me an illiterate is grammatically incorrect.

Why don't you correct it. Illiterate! You're an illiterate because your imaginative makeup are full of shite!

Illiterate that still supports archaic pastoral grazing in this 21st century. Yeye.

1 Like

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pot calling the kettle black grin
diadem10:

Why don't you correct it. Illiterate! You're an illiterate because your imaginative makeup are full of shite!

Illiterate that still supports archaic pastoral grazing in this 21st century. Yeye.
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by enemybulldozer(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari:
Herdsmen have been rearing cattle and providing this economic function for thousands of years.

If herdsmen were terrorists they would have began their terrorism thousands of years ago.

There would be a spokesman with media branch to communicate reason behind their terrorism.

What evidence has ever been presented that the terrorists labelled Fulani herdsmen were actually really herdsmen?

Is it not odd that these terrorist the news media call Fulani herdsmen are never captured? If that is the case, how is the news media so sure that herdsmen are actually behind the terrorist act?

Does it follow that if news media blame a spate of terrorist acts on market traders, then market traders should be be proscribed to be terrorists? Of course not! So why is it right to proscribe herdsmen which is people providing an economic function.

In simple terms:

The unprovoked attacks on farming communities in Benue, Enugu are terrorist attacks by terrorist unidentified (i suspect Boko haram)
Terrorists are terrorists
Herdsmen are herdsmen - not terrorists
Stop twisting facts!!

Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Which ones are the facts you claim I am twisting?
enemybulldozer:
Stop twisting facts!!
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by diadem10: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
GenBuhari:
Pot calling the kettle black grin

You aint making sense. At least, you've become mute in the face of your lies and stupidity.

Which modern man still supports pastoral grazing in this century? Who doesn't know the Fulani herdsmen are armed?

Yeye$
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Opakan2: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
You can't just label all herdsmen terrorist cos they are not all located in a place.

Moreover we don't know the circumstances surrounding their confrontations. Everyone is just assuming herdsmen did this, herdsmen did that.
For all we know, it might just be some hoodlums or criminals or cult groups carrying out attacks on villagers eg. baddoo group killing people in Lagos.
If not that Yorubas are wise naturally with discerning minds, they could have tagged that menace as herdsmen attack just like some people would.

Look at the Anambra church killings, they are still yet to fish out the culprits.. but their people just want police to blame Fulani herdsmen.

We are humans not animals and we should endeavor to act as one at all times
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by diadem10: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Opakan2:
You can't just label all herdsmen terrorist cos they are not all located in a place.

Moreover we don't know the circumstances surrounding their confrontations. Everyone is just assuming herdsmen did this, herdsmen did that.
For all we know, it might just be some hoodlums or criminals or cult groups carrying out attacks on villagers eg. baddoo group killing people in Lagos.
If not that Yorubas are wise naturally with discerning minds, they could have tagged that menace as herdsmen attack just like some people would.

Look at the Anambra church killings, they are still yet to fish out the culprits.. but their people just want police to blame Fulani herdsmen.

We are humans not animals and we should endeavor to act as one at all times

And these badoo groups and Anambra killers went to farms to kill the farmers?

You think the Benue folks don't know their killers? You think the policemen who advised some Fulani's victims in Kogi not to pass through a particular path because it's the Fulani herdsmen route don't know what they are saying?

Abegi, we aint fools. We know what are lies and not. There's no way we would term the Baddo group as Fulani nor did Ibo's insinuating that the Anambra killers were herdsmen fly in the air.

We know who are herdsmen or not. There was a time the leader of Fulani herdsmen boldly stated that Fulani are indigenous to Benue while laying claim to one of their valley. They even informed the governor not to try any move to curb them yet you're saying nonsense?

The annoying part is the fact that Buhari never came out to address his hooligans. The same man that ran to Ibadan when he heard the farmers were attacking Fulani herdsmen.. Yet bat no eyes at the atrocities committed by his brethren. The worst part is the way he quickly deploy the soldiers to attack any communities that try to defend themselves from these rampaging Fulani like he did at Mile 12 and Taraba.

The government is one big sham. A Fulani government and nothing else.
Re: Why Herdsmen Are Not Terrorists Unlike IPOB by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pot calling kettle black grin
diadem10:

You aint making sense. At least, you've become mute in the face of your lies and stupidity.

Which modern man still supports pastoral grazing in this century? Who doesn't know the Fulani herdsmen are armed?

Yeye$

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Opinion On #endsars / Nnadi Kalu Calls For Arm Was To Fight Against Fulani Herdsmen / El-rufai Reveals Two Reasons Why He Didn’t Read Obasanjo’s Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.