Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? (1599 Views)

Toyin Abraham Suprises Husband On Birthday With Timi Dakolo Singing At Home / Anthony Joshua Pictured With Timi Dakolo / Daddy Freeze, Uti, Toni Payne Disagree With Timi Dakolo’s Post About Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2017
How would singers with great voices in Nigeria be struggling to make headway? Can't they compose hit songs with their voices or what?
I love these guys so much to the extent i see them as my mentors. But the likes of Davido, Wizkid and the likes keep having sold out concert while they are okay with their pant size fan base. Beyoncy, Rihanna, drake have their type of vocals but are all world stars.. What is their excuse. Iam vexing.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Florblu(f): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Nigerians like noise

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by mofeoluwadassah: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2017
ariwo ko ni music
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Florblu:
Nigerians like noise
i quiet dis agree,. Don't u think if they can compose songs with good sound like dat of Rihanna or drake Nigerians won't like it? Adekunle Gold doesn't make a noise but u can't compare his fan base to that of timi.

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2017
maybe parenting is the contributory factor hindering them ...

you forget to mention Asa...
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
ariwo ko ni music
Yea i know,, but is Gold Making noise? No but compare him to timi considering the fact he meet timi in the music industry
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2017
dayo2me:
how bro
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Henrypraise: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Florblu:
Nigerians like noise
said it all...

Same reason most Nigerians see hymns as "burial songs" n shouting songs as real praise n worship...

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Henrypraise:

said it all...

Same reason most Nigerians see hymns as "burial songs" n shouting songs as real praise n worship...
i do believe u enjoy listening to r Kelly or maybe usher.. Don't u think the delivery matters
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2017
dayo2me:

you forget to mention Asa...
Asa has done well, i remember she once had a concert in France and it was big
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by BoyHuncho(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2017
They are the ones not bringing their best to the public..

Trust me if they drop something real good, a lot of Nigerians will appreciate it.
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2017
BoyHuncho:
They are the ones not bringing their best to the public..

Trust me if they drop something real good, a lot of Nigerians will appreciate it.
exactly

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by abelprice(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2017
A lot of reasons involved... morals... darey and timi can jst start singing about girls wen dey have kids and wives... standard... you can say dey are not trending but dey are highly placed in the industry and their songs are placed outside Africa.... more like Adele and drake... u can't compare Adele fan base to drake yet she is good business .. undecided....

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2017
abelprice:
A lot of reasons involved... morals... darey and timi can jst start singing about girls wen dey have kids and wives... standard... you can say dey are not trending but dey are highly placed in the industry and their songs are placed outside Africa.... more like Adele and drake... u can't compare Adele fan base to drake yet she is good business .. undecided....
Makin waves is not all about singing about girls.. R Kelly did voice of a victory,, a world cup theme song and it was a hit
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by abelprice(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2017
Naughtytboy:
Makin waves is not all about singing about girls.. R Kelly did voice of a victory,, a world cup theme song and it was a hit

Darey did not the girl and it was a hit..... timi did wish me well it was a hit.... undecided... r Kelly has a bigger platform Dan both of em.... try to understand dey are trying but pple of this country hardly connect... dey jst want noise.... undecided undecided..

2 Likes

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2017
abelprice:

Darey did not the girl and it was a hit..... timi did wish me well it was a hit.... undecided... r Kelly has a bigger platform Dan both of em.... try to understand dey are trying but pple of this country hardly connect... dey jst want noise.... undecided undecided..
compare the magnitude of this hit to Davidos if
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Naughtytboy:
How would singers with great voices in Nigeria be struggling to make headway? Can't they compose hit songs with their voices or what?
I love these guys so much to the extent i see them as my mentors. But the likes of Davido, Wizkid and the likes keep having sold out concert while they are okay with their pant size fan base. Beyoncy, Rihanna, drake have their type of vocals but are all world stars.. What is their excuse. Iam vexing.
majority of Nigerians love noise... that's even why iyanya had to switch genre.
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2017
uzoclinton:
Uhmm
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2017
uzoclinton:
wand coal did izcaba a cool hit.
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Naughtytboy:
lol. thats noise too bro. and the video had what nigerians love.. A big assed gurl
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Naughtytboy:
E be like u no too sabi songs...
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
uzoclinton:
E be like u no too sabi songs...
bross,, what Iam saying his,, u can make hit without noise,, or adekunle gold dey make noise too? Let's stop deceiving ourselves,, timi and Co and not doing enough
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2017
uzoclinton:
lol. thats noise too bro. and the video had what nigerians love.. A big assed gurl
lol darey used a big ass girl in not the girl video
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by abelprice(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2017
Naughtytboy:
compare the magnitude of this hit to Davidos if

Pple can easily connect with if... cos it's straight and d 30 billion word.... dats what Davido is selling... bt darey and timi are both trying to pass a positive message through their song . And we all know not everybody accept positivity.... ok Cobhams for instance has been in music for long bt he does not have a fan base compare to even darey... yet some call him legend... undecided...

1 Like

Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Dramadiddy(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2017
every market has what makes it move.. dunno why you're complaining about Nigerian artists, what about America or the UK? music is a business and no one not even you would wanna waste money investing on songs that wont bring you huge returns
Re: What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? by Naughtytboy: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2017
abelprice:

Pple can easily connect with if... cos it's straight and d 30 billion word.... dats what Davido is selling... bt darey and timi are both trying to pass a positive message through their song . And we all know not everybody accept positivity.... ok Cobhams for instance has been in music for long bt he does not have a fan base compare to even darey... yet some call him legend... undecided...
k,, why Iam worried is because i anytime God says it my time for people to hear my voice, Iam gonna be doing their style of songs

(1) (Reply)

Peter Okoye's Wife Smoking In Front Of Her Husband In A Club (VIDEO) / Female Teen Locked In A Room By Teen Gang Members And Being Force To Strip Nak3d / Davido And His Girlfriend, Chioma Hangout In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.