Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( (5724 Views)

Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom / Today In History: Samuel Okwaraji Died Today 12th August 1989. / Nigerian Striker Audu Seriki Dies In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by AboTreka: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2010
Nigerian player dies in Sudan during game
Saturday 6 March 2010

March 6, 2010 (KHARTOUM) – A Nigerian player was declared dead in Sudan after falling during a league game, eyewitnesses said today.

sad
who plays for Al-Merreikh team collapsed after an elbow hit in his chest in the 15th minute by a member of Al-Amal team in the penalty area.

Edaho was taken to hospital and his death was confirmed. There are reports that he swallowed his tongue causing a heart attack.

The naturalized Sudanese player was taken off the field in an ambulance after it appeared his situation is more critical than initially thought.

The referee canceled the match afterward after consulting with other officials and Al-Merreikh fans started throwing stones.

The game took place in Al-Merreikh stadium in Sudan twin capital city of Omdurman.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by AboTreka: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2010

Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by coolguyz(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2010
During today's Sudanese Premier League match-up between El-Merriekh and Al-Amal, Nigerian-born forward Endurance Idahor was rushed to hospital after a challenge from a fellow player left him on his back, unable to breathe.

Despite the teams' best efforts to see that the striker was given treatment as quickly as possible, the 23-year-old is said to have passed away inside the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Players, coaching staff and the 30,000 supporters stood in disbelief as the referee whistled the end of the match.

Sources close to El-Merreikh Club revealed to Goal.com that the player will undergo an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Meanwhile, early medical reports state that a heart attack is the most likely cause of death.

The club released a brief announcement describing the player as "An example of a professional and committed individual and a symbol of loyalty" and added, "We will assure that justice takes place".

Endurance Idahor joined El-Merreikh from Nigerian outfits Dolphin in 2006, loaned to Al-Nasser of UAE for one season and since his return he became a key figure in the first team squad scoring over 67 goals, leading the club to their first CAF confederation cup final since 1989.

It remains to be seen whether the rest of week 3 matches taking place on Sunday will be postponed or not.

Source - Goal.com
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by shilling(f): 1:18am On Mar 07, 2010
Sad., RIP!!
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by Kgdavid(m): 1:19am On Mar 07, 2010
r.i.p
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by FBS: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
R.I.P Endurance Edaho.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by abiolapau(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2010
it is so sad may is soul rest.in.peace,
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by 9ijaprince(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
Kai! I know dis guy. A very good striker.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2010
dead just like that
R.I.P  sad sad
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by Igwe9(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2010
r.i.p dear!
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by semid4lyfe(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2010
So Sad. . .may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by bandely(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2010
RIP! sad
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by waleski(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
Life really is short oh at 23 yrs
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by sssob: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2010
it really sad, may his soul rest in peace,
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by bawomolo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2010
wow so young
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by zionking(m): 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2010
Gone too soon.  sad sad sad My sympathy goes to his family. RIP E.E
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by mamagee3(f): 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
What a Sad day, May his soul rest in peace.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by kshow1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2010
May his soul RIP
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by tayoast(m): 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2010
Eh yahh.

RIP
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by chic2pimp(m): 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not Endurance sad sad sad sad sad sad

R.I.P BRETHREN!!!!
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2010
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by Rastamann: 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2010
Black day for Nigerian football. May his soul rest in perfect peace, Amen.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by duduspace(m): 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
Very unfortunate.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2010
Dis is so sad,i knew dis guy rite frm his day @ d npl,he was fantastic.RIP EDAHO
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by victorazy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
sad one. r.i.p brother
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by justwise(m): 12:04am On Mar 08, 2010
@Becomrich1

Are you sick? Did you read the title of this thread b4 posting this rubbish?
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by bawomolo(m): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2010
can the mods please delete this clown's posts?
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by mikelagos: 12:27am On Mar 08, 2010
RIP my man
so sad
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by AndreUweh(m): 3:01am On Mar 08, 2010
May his soul rest in perfect peace, amen.
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by spoilt(f): 3:26am On Mar 08, 2010
A swallowed tongue caused a heart attack? Can a tongue be swallowed?
I'll leave the medical issues alone.
R.I.P cry cry
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by chelseabmw(m): 3:33am On Mar 08, 2010
RIP  , Amen
Re: The Nigerian Striker Endurance Edaho Died Today :( by chelseabmw(m): 3:47am On Mar 08, 2010
RIP  , Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heading Football Can Cause Brain Damage / Soccer Quiz / Photos Of Some Good Great Former Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.