Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. (19224 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:

brother Nigeria is the perfect place to thrive.... if u know half the things I know u won't even say that.....
Nigeria is free trade ( minus doz mumu blocking money) ....Nigeria is an untapped zone...... billions to be made out of nothing here..... bros may noh give my secrets away..a jus saying in here u can become a billionaire, jus know wat u want n don't copy.... AM NEVER LEAVING GHIS COUNTRY TO HUSTLE ABROAD, had the chance of going to Angola buh I refuse

I was even thinking CANADA/US/GERMANY...

Angola...bros cover ur facegringringrin
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Amberon11: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Some people don't just think big. They're fine with being mediocre.

I have vowed never to be a slave to paid employment.

There's no single person on Forbes list who is under paid employment. Our problem in this part of the world is that we are too scared of trying new things.
drey22:
Why Settle for 400k when you can earn more?

Schooling only gets you literate, it is your investment in literature that creates your actual future.

Leave Good, Be Better or Be The Best

Why say 400k is good when you know an individual is the one paying you the 400k?

3 Likes

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Amberon11: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
my dear it is your life to live. Don't let your parents or siblings decide how you should live it. As long as you remain persistent and determined, you MUST make it.
userplainly:
True....... my people keeps telling me to quit wat Eva am chasing n get a "job".....my elder bro wants me to join the military (army or Navy) my mum wants me to find a job offshore but I have my dreams n ambitions n am chasing it....
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Amberon11: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Yes they need to but in the absence of that, you create your own" enabling environment".
propanet:

But the government need to provide enabling environment for entrepreneurs to thrive
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Amberon11: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
If really you were born in 1984 then I pity your life. At your age you're still a Mumu.
yaki84:

people dey get mind o, mind of devil.
So make we become entrepreneur with our balls abi?
D ladies get wetin to sell, we guys who go gree buy our balls?
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by akaahs(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why d ops making it sound as if is a crime to work in paid employment, pls just concentrate on d important or additional income.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by yaki84: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Amberon11:
If really you were born in 1984 then I pity your life. At your age you're still a Mumu.
u r a patriot.

I mean a patriotic research fellow.

Kwantinew
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by benjaminiyke(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hi,

NEED EXPERT PLUMBER? Please call 09068848366 or visit www.smintegratedservices.com for more enquiries.

We bring the service to your doorstep.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by josh123(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
nedu2000:
I will rather be a paid employee with shell or nnpc than opening small businesses which can be riskier than to think
keep on waiting for shell and nnpc to employ u
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by josh123(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
yaki84:
people dey get mind o, mind of devil. So make we become entrepreneur with our balls abi? D ladies get wetin to sell, we guys who go gree buy our balls?
are u 12?
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by yaki84: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
josh123:
are u 12?
twelve ke............
Am tiri years younger than them
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by akevic: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice one. Food for thought
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Destinychild263(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
nairashopping:

Wole OGUNNIYI,
HitheTechNg

Source:https://www.naijamatta.com/2017/10/02/taking-paid-job-risky-present-day-nigeria/

pls..hw can I do internet business
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by guru90: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Working for somebody.., They are only paying you time wasted monthly....
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by olaboy1: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Randy91:

Why ask him to cover his face. My Portuguese friend's dad is doing business and killing it in Angola why his daughter is here balling big.

Research before you attack people.

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Saverin: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Amberon11:

There's no single person on Forbes list who is under paid employment. Our problem in this part of the world is that we are too scared of trying new things.

Too scared?

I think the risk is steep. No room for mistakes
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by userplainly(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Randy91:

guy nobi boys dey run go GH everyday? even Benin republic doh full...... Malaysia doh full, Kenya sef we full there.... weti u dey talk?,Nigerians sef still dey Libya till now
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by EGUNSOLA14: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
It's like the op is in the same situation with me that made him create this thread to educate people about the danger of a single source of income.the company where am working about four mounth ago fell into financial crisis, which causes their unexpected closure! All of us workers got laidoff automatically without notice, it's been a very hard time here, if not for God by my side who knows what might have been the outcome in my case as well.some of my colleaques are presently confussed, broke, and helplessly frustrated. Their is urgent need to generate other source of income for ourself at all cost if, we are to gain financial freedom and not to get stranded like a one job man who got laidoff unexpected at the end! God help us to transform the nation Nigeria as we celebrate another independent day.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by BiafraIShere(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:

ask around, Angola is the new hot zone for business... they trade in dollars that's y Nigerians run there.... if u doubt me ask people
You mean they use USD as a legal tender in Luanda?
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Well said and written, God bless you op for this wonderful inspiration.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Same mindset with me. God bless you Op it's been long I made up my mind not to work for anyone. And God has been faithful to me.

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by DJperdurabo: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
IME1:
If you say so
Everyone cannot be a practical entreprenuer
Everyone cannot work for others
Everyone cannot be into full time paying job
Ponders on these points and give me examples in each category

Entrepreneurship is not for everyone.

Last I checked, Coca-Cola has a CEO, P&G has a CEO, Chevron, Shell, Agip, Diamler-Mercedes, Toyota, Sony music, Unilever etc all have CEOs. Never minding how much they are paid, they are all "employees" subject to being FIRED by the BOD or Shareholders tomorrow.

Now OP tell me, are these fellows "powerful and successful" or not?

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by FILEBE(m): 12:47am On Oct 03, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Last I checked, Coca-Cola has a CEO, P&G has a CEO, Chevron, Shell, Agip, Diamler-Mercedes, Toyota, Sony music, Unilever etc all have CEOs. Never minding how much they are paid, they are all "employees" subject to being FIRED by the BOD or Shareholders tomorrow.

Pls can u help with some of your feel good musics? I need more please
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by lonelydora: 5:44am On Oct 03, 2017
userplainly:

brother Nigeria is the perfect place to thrive.... if u know half the things I know u won't even say that.....
Nigeria is free trade ( minus doz mumu blocking money) ....Nigeria is an untapped zone...... billions to be made out of nothing here..... bros may noh give my secrets away..a jus saying in here u can become a billionaire, jus know wat u want n don't copy.... AM NEVER LEAVING GHIS COUNTRY TO HUSTLE ABROAD, had the chance of going to Angola buh I refuse

Even though I'm not where i want to be yet, I'm mot leaving this country. Had opportunity to relocate to US or Canada, but refused. I must make it here.

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by IME1: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Let's look at it this way,
These CEOs are powerful and successful.
I've worked in a place were i saw successful and powerful people cow to the overall owner, as you rightly said because they are employees.
Now i am on my own, I see myself as free, not as rich as they are for now, but free, free from being fired grin
But seriously,
Even CEOs need people to work for them if not they'd lose their success and power.
If we are all business owners we would not build anything among other things.
We need workers, we work for others and others work for us.

Volunteers are not in full employment
Public and civil servants work for others
Business owners are employers of labour
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by balarabe01(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
Entreprenuership my foot.Entreprenuership is a scam sell a truckload of cement make 30k,abeg all these ops self,they are jobless thats y they opted for entreprenuership even silicon valley no better pass paid job.steady steady+security+pensions for life+gratuity. abeg reconsider tongue
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by sekem: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Amberon11:

God bless you my brotha
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by JazzMode: 7:35am On Oct 04, 2017
refreshrate:
I swear!

However, I think it's still OK to work under paid employment even if just for a while especially just after school. Not necessarily to build a career but

1. Develop the discipline and mindset of work and it's ethics

2. No matter your field of entrepreneurship you need clients the more you have the better for you. See employment as a way of further increasing your customer base

3. Let's be honest with ourselves, no matter how much we flog this, some people will not and cannot develop the entrepreneur mindset. Doesn't mean their defective it's just what works for them. No point shaming them for this either (trust me you'll need them when you need to borrow money during dry spells in business)

My advice though get the job after school for the above if you are an entrepreneur not necessarily cos of money or job security but the experience. However, don't sit in one place. You're not a fawking tree for crying out loud!
Move around gain experiences, increase your network ...most of all don't forget to live life!

All the best!
Well said.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by JazzMode: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2017
DJperdurabo:

The employees are never as "powerful and successful" as their employers let alone surpass them.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by DJperdurabo: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2017
[quote author=JazzMode post=61088878]
The employees are never as "powerful and successful" as their employers let alone surpass them. [/quote

You seem to forget that the so called employee could be a memeber BOD of another company or even own companies.

The moral of the story is; folks should stop shoving Entrepreneurship's down people's throat. Doesn't work.for everyone. The grave is filled with people who thought they could swing it thus amassing debts that led to suicides or depression and/or medical complications which hastened their deaths.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by DJperdurabo: 10:31am On Oct 04, 2017
IME1:

Let's look at it this way,
These CEOs are powerful and successful.
I've worked in a place were i saw successful and powerful people cow to the overall owner, as you rightly said because they are employees.
Now i am on my own, I see myself as free, not as rich as they are for now, but free, free from being fired grin
But seriously,
Even CEOs need people to work for them if not they'd lose their success and power.
If we are all business owners we would not build anything among other things.
We need workers, we work for others and others work for us.

Volunteers are not in full employment
Public and civil servants work for others
Business owners are employers of labour

Glad you see the "weakness" of your argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) / What Money-Making Skill Do You Have Or Wish To Learn? / Habits That Have Denied You Your Promotion At Work And Stalled Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.