Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22549 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Is Ruining My Family by elimsun(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by CleanInAll: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
My knees are on ground.

224 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Abfinest007(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Never consider quitting bcuz if u do ,she will be d first to mock u and if u try to remind her , she's the one that push u. her response will be"I told u something and u couldn't use ur head

303 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Greatzeus(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!
Don't quit your job because
1. You don't personally hate your job or seem to have any rancour at work.
2. You seem to be good at the job and have a good rapport with your boss,who is considering you for promotion.
3. Your job has been a source of blessing to you and your family. You were able to build a house,also sponsor your girlfriend to school.
4. There's no job anywhere,unless you want to resign and start your own business. Even if you get another job,it will take some years to develop the kind of respect you're enjoying in your current job.
5. You are always at home 2 days in a work,not good enough,but not too bad either. As long as your purpose of staying away is work,which is bringing in good money.
6. If you risk it and quit,but things didn't go as planned. That girl you think loves you now,will change it for you,when you start telling her stories when she ask for money.
" Wisdom is profitable to direct"...... somewhere in the Bible grin

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Cerebellum: 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Village people shaking you after you start sleeping every morning and your dear wife starts to nag because of your uselessness and mumuness

169 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by KingMarlhyk: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Don't quit the job, get the promotion
Learn new and improved skills in your field of work for higher chances of multiple jobs,more money and connections. Maybe i should remind you, you're not living your life for any body, you've tried already feeding yourself, family and let me not say yeye girlfriend that's not even supprting rather consuming (because from my point of view,not marrying that girl is 1-0 ,she marrying you because of money is 2-0) i won't talk too much

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by yomi007k(m): 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
undecided

I think it is time to change girlfriend.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Quit the job at your own peril. Do they think jobs are easy to come by? A man gats to do what he gats to do.

It is what it is!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by 1F30M4(f): 11:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Greatzeus:

2. You seem to be good at the job and have a good rapport with your boss,who is considering you for promotion.
3. Your job has been a source of blessing to you and your family. You were able to build a house,also sponsor your girlfriend to school.
4. There's no job anywhere,unless you want to resign and start your own business. Even if you get another job,it will take some years to develop the kind of respect you're enjoying in your current job.
5. You are always at home 2 days in a work,not good enough,but not too bad either. As long as your purpose of staying away is work,which is bringing in good money.
6. If you risk it and quit,but things didn't go as planned. That girl you think loves you now,will change it for you,when you start telling her stories when she ask for money.

Please read this and digest it well, OP. Let it sink in!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by pozehnani(f): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Huh?

You know what? Quit that your girlfriend and if possible, quit your family until they come back to their senses.

Like how unreasonable can they be? In this period of lack of employment where people are struggling to survive, they are telling you to quit your only means of livelyhood while all they do is sit their asses and gulp down your sweat in one swoop, adding nothing to you.

See, ignore them. In fact, cut off from them. They are a set back. If anything happens to your job and you delay a tad bit in getting another one, they will be the first to remind you of how your mates are out there working their ass out while you're prowling about in the house. Then you'll hear, " na your face we wan chop?"

Op, you better borrow sense and make a U-turn from them because it's like your village people have begun to reason your matter through them.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by seanwilliam(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Trust me, if you quit that job, you will regret it for life. You might possibly fall into depression afterward . Don’t be emotional! First thing that should be important to a man before anything is Job- source of livelihood, then family .

Without job( money) , no one will give you regard. That’s what makes you a man anyway ,

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ashewoboy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ubunja.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by OluwafuntoAK(f): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sorry o
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Legendarytonyy: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
.. when you quit and become jobless, your girlfriend will leave you, your family will ridicule you.
My Guy think oh. Think before you act.
There's actually nothing to think of, tell them "NO".

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by GualaGuala(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
H
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by taiwofawole: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Okay
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Blue86(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
I just pray you listen to all telling you not to quit your job.

I just pray.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by thatigboman1: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

forget them - both ur mom and your girlfriend. They want u to go into yahoo yahoo and be operating from home?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by thatigboman1: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Blue86:
I just pray you listen to all telling you not to quit your job.

I just pray.

if he losses his job, in less than 1 week, that his girlfriend will pack out. And go and befriend someone that is working.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Stanislause94: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sorry for you grin grin
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
The two hardest things in life are Having a job and not having a job. Choose you hard thing wisely.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Lastmankc(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
You said your girlfriend. Not even your wife.
Dear kings.
Just take a month leave from work,and when you get home tell your wife or mother that you have just been sacked from work.Then relax and watch the person you married or called mother.Watch the way you will be treated for this first two weeks.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by maureensylvia(f): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Though she's my fellow gender, I'm sorry to say... She has a watery brain

She's your girlfriend and not wife...
Wait ooo, you're taking care of her even in her family home... What happened to her parents?

I know it's cool to help but it seems you're taking the whole responsibility

Now she has manipulated ur parents to team up with her to block u from what feeds them...

Do they have standby job for u?
What happens if you can't cope in giving them as usual?

She will start calling u weakling and not been man enough to use your head.

Hey dude, ignore there complaints and FOCUS
Be on ur best behavior at work to ensure the promotion becomes successful.

If the job takes more of ur personal and family time, the little time u have; maximize it with ur loved ones

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by clockwisereport: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Elimsun, quit your girlfriend before you quit your job. If you don't quit her before you quit your job, she will quit you after you quit your job.

Use your senses bro

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by pcagbaji(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Listen to your heart keeping your family away will leter hot you in times to come
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by dkickz: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Greatzeus:

Kindly consider this advice as though your life depends on it because it actually does.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nnamdipapa(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

your girlfriend should get a job as well i suppose!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by kollinskollins(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
Wetin dey do the O.P? you wan leave job wey they pay well cos of what again? Unless she go give you another work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by blazepascal(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don't quit that job. I don't want to hear had i known and there is a high percentage that ur gf will dump u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by TechCapon(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

ur girlfriend now decides for you. That's your problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Blue86(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
Even if she no leave, the nagging go rush in like a flood. Don't let anyone take your financial empowerment from you, save you have a better offer.
thatigboman1:
if hey losses his job, in less than 1 week, that his girlfriend will pack out. And go and befriend some that is working.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.