Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,478 members, 7,865,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Integrity Of The Gospels - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Integrity Of The Gospels (3714 Views)

The Gospels Were Written By ANONYMOUS Sources. / How Many Years After Jesus's Biblical Death Were The Gospels Written? / Moral Teaching In The Gospels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Emmanystone: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
This is absolutely groundless.
Don't even bother with the lost, for what has the living got to do with dead?

1 Like

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Emmanystone: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
truthislight:

Rationally, the above is how an argument should be made, with verifiable evidence for and against and not just based on emotions like the below.

when you assumed you always have all the facts and whatever you say on the issues is final, such leads to the below post.

You acted in this manner as the below on another thread postulating that the OT in no place mentioned nor prophesy about the coming of the Messiah to die for man. I belief the proof was shown to you, but you forgot to come back and concede to the contrary.

The Post below should be presented as a question and evidences for the motion properly presented and all the scriptures posted for all to see.

While some people did have similar questions in the past, they rather "kept on asking and knocking". At least, that was what i did.

Am not here to say that evil men never tampered with the bible nor am i saying that copyist never made mistakes while carrying out their job, rather, I am saying, where we have such, it is there for all to see and certain ancient manuscripts have resurfaced to help restore the manipulations and errors.

Show more patience in researching and praying, it sure does help.

Peace.
You seem knew to this guy. lol. He is one of those plants who pretends to be an insider to weakens the sheep from within.

1 Like

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Emmanystone: 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
truthislight:

Yes, the understanding of the scriptures needs help, but we human are material/Literal/Physical persons and the Bible is a physical book that can be understood with proper study and inquisitiveness.

Don't go all spiritual Here.

Especially, the questions he posted are literal question that demand patience and consistency in researching the relationship.

If you say that God gave his word to man and did not make it literal/physical, you are excusing those that have never been diligent and patient in researching the scriptures for them to say it was never there for them to see.

There is no way a sinner can be all spiritual before the can read the Bible be for they can understand.

Peace
Did you just say this...

truthislight:

Yes, the understanding of the scriptures needs help, but we human are material/Literal/Physical persons and the Bible is a physical book that can be understood with proper study and inquisitiveness.
The Bible as a book, may be a physical book, but the words contained therein aren't hence we need the Holy Spirit for revelations to understand it.

Jesus called the Word of God Spirit and Life.

And, i am not just a Material/literal/Physical being. I am Primarily a Spirit having a soul and living in a body.
When my flesh/body dies, the real me (spirit) lives on.

1 Like

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2017
Emmanystone:

You seem knew to this guy. lol. He is one of those plants who pretends to be an insider to weakens the sheep from within.

The sheep that cannot think for themselves but are tossed about with every wind of doctrine !

2 Likes

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Emmanystone: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
frosbel2:

The sheep that cannot think for themselves but are tossed about with every wind of doctrine !
Lolzzz, Frosbel2, you are confused and you are not a sheep under the Christ.
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
Emmanystone:

Lolzzz, Frosbel2, you are confused and you are not a sheep under the Christ.

Which Christ , the roman one or the real one ? - cheesy
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by jayriginal: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
frosbel2:
I am coming to the conclusion that a large part of the gospels is made up fiction based on mistranslated prophecies, fabricated interpolations and outright manipulation of the Jewish scripture.

The Virgin birth is a lie, the Trinity is a lie, Jesus as God is one huge lie , Hell fire is a lie and going to heaven is also a lie. What is the truth.

I am still struggling with the truth but the default position I have taken is that there is one God period. Everything else I believed has been called into question and sadly most of my earlier positions were based on myth , fables and man made doctrines.

Over the next few days I will state many of my findings which call into question the Integrity of the Gospels.

And the evolution of Frosbel continues. We saw it coming years ago. Cc Plaetton

1 Like

Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by jayriginal: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

Are you the Frosbel of many years ago?

Indeed he is. It's been an interesting watch over the years.

Funny he once suggested that atheists should be killed like mosquitoes without consequence. I doubt he still thinks that way.
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by jayriginal: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2017
frosbel2:

Very well said. Unfortunately religious people are programmed to ignore logic and accept myth and fable. Only an independent mind which is not subject to the bullying, suppression and conniving of so called men of God can truly come to a knowledge of the truth. Many are literally wasting their precious years chasing after a non-existent faith.

Hey man, you used to be worse
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Emmanystone: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
frosbel2:

Which Christ , the roman one or the real one ? - cheesy
I met you in this forum and reading you made me decide you were a joke and are still one.

Which one is a roman Christ?
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by plaetton: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lawwwwwd have mercy !

How did I miss this thread since Oct. 2nd ?

I am..( I can't seem to find the right words).

What an incredible journey, an incredible evolution.

I sincerely salute your courage and honesty , Frosbel.

It requires a certain level of honesty for one to step aside and question long held beliefs, talkless of taking time out from one's normal , programmed thinking patterns, to search for facts.

And thank you Frosbel, especially, for carrying us along in this your incredible evolution from a simple believer of myths to a complex thinker.
If there is indeed a god, then you are paying the proper Homage to God by using your innate faculties of thought.

And for others still lost in the Labyrinth of stone age myths, I wish to remind you that if your god gave you a brain, then you most certainly owe him an obligation to use it.
wink
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Joagbaje(m): 5:39am On Nov 03, 2017
frosbel2:
The issue here is this, if a book contains some fabrications mixed with truth , how can we be sure that the rest of the book is not a fabrication ? Surely a liar also speaks some truth but he is still a liar. God in the book of proverbs hates a lying tongue and we are admonished throughout the bible to be people of integrity. If so, why is the new testament saturated with error, fabrication, contradiction and manipulation;Is this what the Christian truth stands on as the infallible word of God ?? smh

And what makes you to call them fabrication ?
I rebuke you .

Nothing is wrong in questioning your belief . It can be a sign of growth . But You ought to First humble yourself supposing you’re wrong . Present your concerns for debate . Than to outrighly criticise the word of God openly and thereby stand the chance of destroying the faith of younger Christians . What have you left them with ? . Its careless and reckless of you to post this kind of thread . What happens at the end of the day if you’re proven wrong . What will happen the people who’s faith you have overthrown ? Don’t be reckless . Even if you’re right . Remember the word of Jesus .

Matthew 13:25-30
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 -- He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Joagbaje(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2017
1Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by truthislight: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Joagbaje:

1Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Joe, the application of this Scripture here is very wrong.

Like you and others had said, nothing is wrong for one to question his long held notions, hence, doing that cannot be demonic.

We have to give Frosbel2 the benefit of doubt and not pass judgement on him. Passing on your views/opinion is the best we can do but never to pass judgement on anybody.

Only God can do that.

Peace.
Re: Integrity Of The Gospels by Maamin(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Oh dear! I found this thread late... cheesy

The topic should be Evolution of Frosbel2

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pray For Rufai Oseni Of Arise TV / Yes, I Believe In The Holy Coconut / General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.