Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Actions Do You Take When Your Transformer Breaks Down? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Actions Do You Take When Your Transformer Breaks Down? (544 Views)

Kanedrick Kingsley Agwu Breaks Down As DNA Reveals He Didn’t Father Two Children / DNA Scandal: "I'm Innocent" - Late Tunde's Wife, Moyo Thomas Breaks Silence / Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Actions Do You Take When Your Transformer Breaks Down? by peacettw: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2017
I wasn't sure where to post this but figured this forum will do.

***In my place of residence, the transformer stopped working after some hoodlums broke into it and stole some wires.

I recently learnt that in such scenarios, it is the responsibility of the PHCN to replace whatever material that has either been stolen or defective even if it means replacing the entire transformer itself. The process begins with the PHCN unit in charge of the area filing a report to the headquarters requesting for a replacement from the store. This process however, is usually fraught with delays due to red tapism, nonchalance of the workers and/or a deliberate act. The residents in the affected area, tired of waiting in perpetuity, organize themselves to contribute money to replace the stolen item(s) and or transformer which usually runs in hundreds of thousands of naira.

At the end of the day, the residents will have electricity but someone else benefits much more- The top dogs in charge of the PHCN unit overseeing the area. You see, when we buy these items, there is no record of it because the very act is illegal. The said item bought by the residents will unknowingly be supplied again by the headquarters unaware that it has already been replaced. This ends up being sold in the open market and the proceeds shared by the PHCN officials.

***Back to my situation***We have been without power supply for a month now. All efforts to get the PHCN to do something is being met with an 'unnatural' nonchalance and has proved abortive. Right now, we are desperate and currently contributing money to replace the stolen items. Is there a way to contact the headquarters to inform them that the item is being replaced by us? Again, what do you do in your area when such problem arises? Expecting your responses.
Re: What Actions Do You Take When Your Transformer Breaks Down? by chatmail: 5:44am On May 13, 2021
Make a video and spread it on social media. Note: mention the name of the are and the phch officer in charge of that area before buying a new transformer. When you buy the new transformer you must also spread it on social media so the authorities will know it was your community that bought it and not PHCN . Then sit down relax and see the magic that will unfold. Thanks to social media.

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Tips To Save Money As New Parents / House Clearance Sales - Dressing Table With Upholstered Stool, For Sale / Prime Wears Offers The Finest Walking Shoes For Nigerian Women!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.