Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% (477 Views)

SEO Tips And Tricks For Small Businesses / 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic / 12 Wordpress SEO Hacks To Boost Your Blog Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% by sainttobs(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2017
Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/4-seo-tips-to-boost-your-blog-traffic.html
How Do I Increase My Blog Traffic? This is one question that is always on the minds of bloggers. The strength of a blog is in its traffic. There are several ways of improving your blog traffic and thousands if not millions of posts have been written on the topic of improving your traffic. SEO is one very important thing you have to learn if you are going to be a successful blogger. SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or webpage in a web search engine’s unpaid results , often referred to as “natural”, ‘organic” or “earned” results.

If you have lots of cash to spend you can use paid services like Google Adwords which puts your site at the top when a particular keyword is searched but if you are like me who doesn’t have a really robust budget and wants to get very good SEO results this is for you. Even if you use services like Adwords there is no reason for you not to learn these easy to implement methods for improving your SEO.

To use these methods you don’t need to be a coding guru. But it will be helpful if you have a basic knowledge of HTML. Enough with the stories lets get down to business.

Note: These methods are mainly for bloggers using “Blogger” platform buy “Wordpress” bloggers can also learn a thing or two from these steps.

1. * Login to your blogger dashboard go to settings >> Search Prefrences

* Where it says “Custom Robots Header Tags” Click on Edit

* Where it says “Enable Custom Robots Header Tags?” Click On edit

You will see a lot of options just copy what I ticked from the image below and click on save changes.

That’s all for the 1st step. If you haven’t done this you are missing a lot of traffic from Search engines

2. *Still On Your Blogger Dashboard go to settings>>Search Prefrences>>Custom Robot.txt>>Enable>>Paste the Below code and click on save changes.

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google

Disallow:

User-agent:*

Diasallow: /search

Allow: /

Sitemap: http://www.YOUROWNURL.com/sitemap.xml

Remember to edit the www.YOUROWNURL.com to the url of your blog. Then Click on save changes. With this you are just a few steps more from massive traffic

3. The next step is to make Search Engines Your Friend. You will have to register your blog to the major search engines which are Google and Bing.

· Google: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

· Bing/Yahoo: http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster

These 2 major search engines must not be ignored. Enter through the above links and submit your URL ans sitemap then a HTML code will be given you you as a verification barrier. Once yo paste the code in your template HTMl, the search engines will start crawling your blog to save its content.

4. The last step is to add some meta tags your template HTML. Meta tags do not show in the body of a blog but help search engines know what a blog is about. Add the following metatags directly below the <head> tag
"<meta content='Your Blog Description' name='description'/>
<meta content='Your Keywords here!' name='keywords'/>
<meta content='Author Name' name='Author'/>
<meta content='Author email address' name='Email'/>
<meta content='all' name='robots'/>
<meta content='index, follow' name='robots'/>
<meta content='Language' name='language'/>
<meta content='Country' name='country'/>
<meta content='blogger' name='generator'/>"

Important Modification:
Before using the meta tags , change the following details

Your Blog Description with decription
Your Keywords here >> Write your keyword
Autho Name >> Write your name
Author Email Address >> Write your email address
Language >> Your Blog Language
Country >> your country which you want to focus

After This Click Save Changes

With these steps you should begin seeing a notable increase in your traffic from search engines. If you have any problem with the above steps drop them in the comment and I will reply to them as soon as possible. Last Thing, Don’t Forget to share this knowledge with others and stay tuned for more technology, blogging tips.
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/4-seo-tips-to-boost-your-blog-traffic.html

Re: Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% by 9japunter: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Blogging to me is a saturated industry already and thus you need a lot of gut and self motivation to keep you going in the long run
Re: Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% by sainttobs(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2017
9japunter:
Blogging to me is a saturated industry already and thus you need a lot of gut and self motivation to keep you going in the long run
to succeed in anything in life you need a lot of gut and self motivation.
Re: Must Read: 4 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic By Over 50% by Finstar: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
9japunter:

Believe me, blogging is yet to be saturated. Those dudes you see around, claiming to be bloggers know nothing about blogging and hence, aren't formidable competitors at all. In the next two years, few people will spring up from the blogosphere and tell the world their success story.. All it takes it being smart and eager to learn.

This is my third month blogging and I must tell you! It's fun and lucrative.. People are beginning to ask me if I've join yahoo yahoo cause I'm always with my tab cheesy

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Improve Adsense Earnings *working 100% / 300 Fake Make Money Online Websites You Must Not Join / Any Negative Comments About Domainking.ng?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.