Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook (5175 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / I Really Enjoy Nairaland Than Facebook Or Twitter. / Nairaland Is More Interesting And Addictive Than Facebook.true Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Teaser4(m): 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2010
As For me i dnt knw abt u
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Kunbee: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2010
Nah its the same for me
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Olisa4all: 3:10am On Mar 07, 2010
Kunbee:

Nah its the same for me
Teaser4:

As For me i dnt knw abt u
Nairaland's an online forum,right?
Facebook is a "social" networkin site or i'm i missin sumfin or r d words social n lively not synonymous?
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Teaser4(m): 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
As for me up Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Dclique(m): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
Nairaland and F.book can't be compared cus they are too different kind of sites.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Olisa4all: 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
^^simple. .dere's a similar thread like dis on Nairaland tho
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by dkings101(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
2 me the 2 r da bomb but facebook got more fans than nairaland while nairaland is 9ja thing but both r information, keep me updated and more so, dont even know wat else to say. Abeg make una help me complete am, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by switch360(f): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Facebook has got Discussion Threads and lots more- its multi level social networking and more complex with lots of applications, nairaland is simply a discussion forum(simple as that)  making Facebook more lively
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Olumide7(m): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
nonsense
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
They are both
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Afam4eva(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
Comparing Nairaland with facebook is like comparing apples with Oranges. While one is a forum(Nairaland), the other is a social networking site(facebook).

nairaland is fast becoming less lively. It's just the political section that seems to be much lively.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by maedan(f): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
afam4eva:

Comparing Nairaland with facebook is like comparing apples with Oranges. While one is a forum(Nairaland), the other is a social networking site(facebook).

nairaland is fast becoming less lively. It's just the political section that seems to be much lively.

Gbam and double GBAM!!
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by chosen04(f): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
afam4eva:

Comparing Nairaland with facebook is like comparing apples with Oranges.

I love Oranges far far more than apples.

Orange drinks are the bomb, while apple drinks are tasteless.

@Afam4eva, who said u cant compare apples and oranges?
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by SamMilla1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Also

Pastor Adeboye is more lively than Jesus,

Someone is trying to raise his fantasy level here.
Its good for health anyway.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by EngrT1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
2 parallel lines
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by dammizz(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
The two r incomparable, but I must admit that I launch Nairaland more frequently than FB. Anywayz the way FB links me wit old dudes, that I never thought I would meet again, cannot be underrated.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
I think nairaland represents evrything that nigeria is. This forum is not growing, the fact that you have more members does not mean it's growing especially when most of these people are blood sucking tribalist. How will you blame them when there's a section for tribalistic and racist topics.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by djojo(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
i like Nairaland compare to facebook, Nairaland deal with all aspect of life while facebook is only meeting people and making friends.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by latiana(f): 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
afam4eva:

@ afam. I go with you. They are two seperate forms of networking.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by rickie4us(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
facebook is real , u see the faces ,

nairaland is faceless , a lot of people reappear with another profile and post rubbish

the bottom line is they are two different things , so I wonder why the comparison in the first place
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Talis(f): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
There are no basis for comparison because they serve different purposes. If u want to remain anonymous and still air your opinion nairaland is the place to be, but on facebook every tom, dick and harry invades your privacy in the name of social networking.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by switch360(f): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hey guys!! THE COMPARISON IS BASED ON BEING LIVELY NOT ON ITS PUORPOSE SO THERE IS BASIS FOR COMPARISON
   The comparison is in terms of being LIVELY so it can be compared!!   it is clear that many people has never really explored facebook to its full potentials. Facebook has got lots of Applications, games and third party applications that makes it FUN and lively, it also has discussion and thread far beyond what Nairaland can ever achieve.  
  Nairaland has since lost its bite and people come here to post insult, express sexual fantasy with little level of intelligent , usefull post of recent. most of nairaland traffic is more or less like WAKA PASS   . they get here through search engines and majority dont stay because there is brain drain in the land.  90% of its registered users are not active in fact 90% of the so called 489032 members has zero posts. ever wonder why??

The percentage of facebook users who are active far exceed this, the reason is simple, they have enough reason to stay!!  

@ Afam
  it is not like comparing Oranges with Apples, its more like comparing  Okada wonderland with  DISNEY LAND
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by tboyjnr(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Poster, I think what you mean is :
"Nairaland is more lively than MY Facebook",

Go out and make some friends so you wont really have to compare such things in life tongue
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Dolemite(f): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
Utter rubbish, Nairaland has had the same design for over 5 years, not even a single change other forums change from time to time, over 5 years and Seun is still using the same SMF and google sponsored ads, i don't know how much he makes but concidering the number of people here i'd say quite a lot - but he does nothing to take the site to a new level, reach out to new audiences  -no ambition at all, same Nigerian if it isn't broke don't fix it mentality. Facebook is innovative, you can develop your own apps now, great avenue for businesses now come on how can you even compare? Nairaland's success is solely based on the people, let to Seun alone this site would have been dead along time ago - not even a simple chatroom for God sake, the only thing that makes this site 'lively' is YOU the people who come here.

. . .and if this trend continues i see another Nigerian website coming out from no where and blowing Nairaland right on it's ass. . .
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by PurestBoy(m): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nairaland is more educative and livelier than facebook.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Kx: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
Some questions.
For me,I cant do without NL at least once in 3hrs,
but I can conveniently do without FB in months.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by sunnykiss(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
;Dker na lie/, nairaland ker, bulshit
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Machine007: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
There is nothing special about fbook, for me Naira land is d bomb,

It gives u room to express ur views.
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by lanres1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Facebook and Nairaland?
DSTV and Daar Sat!!! grin
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by denny4ril: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
cool i am on both but i think this nairaland is more lively, u can connect both locally and globally as well as u can on fbook but fbook has some restrictions and a bit more firm, not that flexible, u know!
Re: Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dolemite:

Utter rubbish, Nairaland has had the same design for over 5 years, not even a single change other forums change from time to time, over 5 years and Seun is still using the same SMF and google sponsored ads, i don't know how much he makes but concidering the number of people here i'd say quite a lot - but he does nothing to take the site to a new level, reach out to new audiences  -no ambition at all, same Nigerian if it isn't broke don't fix it mentality. Facebook is innovative, you can develop your own apps now, great avenue for businesses now come on how can you even compare? Nairaland's success is solely based on the people, let to Seun alone this site would have been dead along time ago - not even a simple chatroom for God sake, the only thing that makes this site 'lively' is YOU the people who come here.

. . .and if this trend continues i see another Nigerian website coming out from no where and blowing Nairaland right on it's backside. . .

I agree 100% with your post. Do you know how much Nairaland will make if the start allowing adverts instead of those google ads?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-power Speaks On When October Stipend Will Be Paid / Which Man Is Holding A Hoe? / SEE Photos Of Dead Bodies That Just Died In An Accident Along Umuahia Okigwe Roa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.