Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa (33262 Views)

What Is Happening To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chartey(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
koladebrainiac:

Nigeria is there first most important Market.
Besides football viewing centers will have choice.

And let me tell u.
Dstv will have to try 2times to beat them n what makes u think they cant offer zee world n buy the content from those who actually own it.

You mean Hiptv n nollywood cannot sell right to them again as they are currently doimg with dstv?
Tstv will buy all those and still peg sub at 3k? Wake up bro. You'll see TSTV quality soon
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chartey(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
miketayo:

any channel can buy nollywood movies..they are always ready to sell

You mean they'll buy the kind of movies shown on Africa Magic Showcase and still charge 3k? You mean they'll develop programs like Tinsel, Jacob's Cross and still charge 3k? You mean they can have a channel like Ebony Life that produces movies like Wedding Party and still charge subscription of 3k?
My brother, wait for the disappointment called TSTV
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by ajadematanle: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Iam begining to worry about this TSTV.They talk too much.They should hit the ground running.I have advertised for them and they should not fall my hand.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Gerrard59(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
adudu208:
I will urge cautious optimism considering the antecedents and pedigree of the owner of TSTV- Dr Bright Echefu.

It may require more than mere promises and media hype before i jump into the TSTV wagon.
Is this not the same Dr. Bright Echefu that has a long list of controversies trailing him.

Dr. Bright got engaged to his wife's friend barely 5months after losing her during child birth. This was a major social media scandal that went viral.

Few months later he got arrested and charged to court for fraud. He was said to have issued a dude cheque of about N1.6m for the purchase of computers and accessories. This case was taken to court after all efforts to get him to pay was abortive.
It was then reported that the fiancé 'dumped' him as soon as he got arrested and remanded in prison.

Don't blame me if i am not as optimistic because in this case i will only pass judgement after 6months of launch considering the pedigree of the CEO.

Quoted for reference purpose. I agree with you on the CEO, his antecedents is not good news. But the parent firm of TSTV is owned by the private equity firm Permira, so the jury is still out.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by koboko69: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
xandy84:
You're on point. Nigerian want good stuff but does not want to pay for it. Cable TV is expensive every part of the world. It cost over $120 to get a decent channels in States and it could go as high as $250 with all the add on. Good stuff does not come cheap thought DSTV monopoly is long overdue but the new Cable TV is not a rival for DSTV. I am of the opinion DSTV would concentrate on the rich while the new cable TV target the middle class and the poor.

Why didnt y add that the $120 comes with unlimited 4GLTE. How much is $120 a month for sattelite and wifi for someone who as a job in the states?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by xandy84: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
$120 is money when you have your rent, gas, water, car note and God forbid you have a student loan to pay each months. My point is simple, nothing come cheap and for Nigerians to think government can do everything for then is to expect irregular services. I am a beneficiary of free education in Nigeria and I also paid for my degree elsewhere and I can authoritatively tell you, I will rather pay for quality education than enrolled in free but strike infected, lectures victimization of studentstudent, missing scripts etc.

koboko69:

Why didnt y add that the $120 comes with unlimited 4GLTE. How much is $120 a month for sattelite and wifi for someone who as a job in the states?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Ayatullah(m): 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
whitebeard:
Yay..so what's next

(Might as well add it to president buhari's administration achievement list)

Hypocrisy.!

Bad belle.....Go and hug a transformer!

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by rhektor(m): 4:46am On Oct 03, 2017
veekid:
DSTV is in trouble. They should start packing their loads already. TSTV is entitled to run tax free for 3 years! Good initiative by our govt

I'm not sure what that really mean, because that company will still pay for the three years later although not within the first three years but they'll eventually pay for it
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by miketayo(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Chartey:

You mean they'll buy the kind of movies shown on Africa Magic Showcase and still charge 3k? You mean they'll develop programs like Tinsel, Jacob's Cross and still charge 3k? You mean they can have a channel like Ebony Life that produces movies like Wedding Party and still charge subscription of 3k?

Lol u r mentioning series, and yes they can show movies shown on showcase, and Eltv didn't sign an exclusive deal with multi choice so they can show on tstv as well as dstv if they want..
And u think 3k is cheap.. In India I paid almost 1k monthly on dish tv and. That was d most expensive plan. Dstv is cheating Africa sooner u realise the better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Abbotp: 5:47am On Oct 03, 2017
Kudos to TSTV and the FG......Fingers crossed....
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by HonabFaj(m): 5:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Tecno66:
My point is that government has to find a way to achieve steady power supply. Though I appreciate the efforts being made so far but I tell you it takes the grace of God for businesses to succeed in Nigeria because of the high cost of fueling generators.

You are right, but I still baffled me that we haven't achieved anything tangible since power sector was privatized, telecommunications is going great with private sector but power still same story.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by laiza(m): 6:48am On Oct 03, 2017
grin grin
SOLMICHAEL:

Yes!! And even a free nuclear power station.
grin grin grin and a submarine plus atomic sized generator to run inside Atlantic Ocean.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by barcaboi(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2017
Chartey:
Nollywood producers will still prefer to give Africa Magic their new movies because DSTV pays them better.

DSTV has poured millions of dollars in into the Nigerian Professional Football League without any profit yet the govt did not give them any tax relief. I see this development making the NFF very uncomfortable.

TV stations like Soundcity and Hip TV will still prefer the DSTV platform because they pay them better. Besides DSTV is partly responsible for the acceptance of Nigerian music across Africa.

Many people are addicted to the shows Telemundo and Zee World which TSTV does not have. Not everybody watches sport. That was the same assumption that killed HiTv.

I don't see DSTV collapsing. They're in so many countries although Nigeria is their second most important market. They have over 200 channels with something for everybody.

People don't know that subscription is actually cheaper in Nigeria than for instance Ghana. Cable TV is a luxury everywhere in the world. Sky is expensive in the UK too.

This competition will be good for the Nigerian consumer and is welcome but people please let's not get our hopes too high. TSTV has to earn credibility and our support.
what a joke? so we should not have an alternative just because DSTV does this or that. do you want to find out what dstv makes on every household even after you travel without watching? stop the sentiments and if uve got nothing better....mechionu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Themandator: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Chartey:

Remove sport from dstv and ask them to charge 5k for their premium bouquet and see how many people gets to subscribe ...All these channels are not the money SPINNER for dstv but sport ... It is the reason anyone pays them 17k in a month not because of ebony or telemundo.... Those channels I don't even watch.... Honest to God, I have never followed that tinsel stuff , Jacob cross ...The one am into is Doo good and the Johnson family ...Finish ....I will have MBC action in place of all those wanna be programs ....If I want Asian soap I have Starsat. Nobody beats them when it comes to Indian ,documentary , music and news channels and they are HD channels.It is the lack of this EPL that makes them unpopular

The fact that they already have the sport channels for rock bottom prices from Bein Tv means they can explore.
If with the cheap bouquet and the free Wi-Fi service, ability to rewind, record and save in a 50g storage card and many more that turns my Samsung 48 inch LED INTO smart TV , I am game , they are able to garner a million subscriber within those tax free years , they can go places and do many thing

Leave them alone and stop being bitter ... It is just a paltry 5k device ... People give that amount to their girlfriend for Uber ....Leave them alone....My iPad air 2 64g doesn't rewind but now cost a staggering 470k....Leave them alone please ......face front ............and 3k Subscription...I use 2500 for Glo data service alone and sometime I do twice in a month ..... Not 50k and 17k

I am surprised a man has time for those ladies channels...Ebony Kwa not even channels Tv or ait

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Themandator: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2017
Chartey:

Tstv will buy all those and still peg sub at 3k? Wake up bro. You'll see TSTV quality soon

You have a one way mindset about content and how they are acquired .... Advertiser can pay for content and take it to them if their survey proves that more people have the decoder and are active subscribers .... They can take a program like do good and bring it to them , pay them for the airtime and get advert fees to make their money ..... It is like what don jazzy did with his flobyte..... He give you WiFi service free while advertiser pay him .... You see the advert

It is not them Alway buying ...When they buy content and it is popular, advertiser takes slot in the program .... They can actually get to work with the owner in a profit sharing arrangement .... The most important thing and the reason they are trending is sport. Once the picture is clear and clean for their sport channel , boys will forget the rest and pay..... Bet Naija , sure bet and other will give them advert because they know boys will be waiting for match more in tstv than in Dstv
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by nnamdivijay(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2017
Nice one.... Great job thank God our people are now investing here..... I pray others comes back to their senses
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Unbreakable007: 10:41am On Oct 03, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Best news for d Day
best news for d year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miss Teen United Nations Nigeria Reality TV Show Hosts 2019 Edition In Delta / Living In Bondage, Breaking Free: Scenes From The Movie / BBNaija: Mercy Celebrates 1st Anniversary Of Winning Pepper Dem Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.