Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Youths Sue For Nigeria’s Unity, Kick Against Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Sue For Nigeria’s Unity, Kick Against Violence (304 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youths Sue For Nigeria’s Unity, Kick Against Violence by nazzyon(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
Youths sue for Nigeria’s unity, kick against violence

Following wave of agitations for secession and restructuring of Nigeria’s governance architecture which brought mild unrest in some regions, youths have urged individuals, ethnic groups and others behind the moves to eschew violence and limit their demands within confines of law.

They argued that demands could be achieved through dialogue, rather than through violence which often leads to lose of lives and property in the country.

At a gathering organized by a youth based group, NaijaDay Foundation, yesterday in Lagos, with theme ‘Significant of peace and unity in Nigeria’, put in place to commemorate Nigeria’s 57th independent anniversary, the youths also urged government at all levels to keep their quota of responsibilities, so as to ensure adherence of peace and unity among citizens, especially youths.

Addressing congregation at the event, the Director, Prisoners Right Advocacy Initiative (PRAI) and 2017 Mandela-Washington Fellow, Ahmed Adetola-Kazeem, warned agitators to desist from uttering hate speeches while demanding for their rights in the country, just as he caution against overheating polity with various hate moves.

Read more: http://www.theguildng.com/youths-sue-for-nigerias-unity-kick-against-violence/

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Why Nigerian Government Must Arrest Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer And Others / What I Will Do To EFCC When I Become President – Gov. Fayose / Which Way Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.