Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die (19782 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by ahmedkoded95(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2020
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, said yesterday reiterated his commitment to continue to fight Nigeria’s unity till the end of his life. He spoke at the first memorial lecture of Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, the founder of O’odua Peoples Congress (OPC) in Lagos.

Obasanjo said Nigeria must address the agitation for restructuring for the country to move forward. He said, “Nigeria needs a new constitution which will contain the aspirations, fears and realities of the present state of Nigeria.”

According to him, the spate of insecurity in the country has fuelled the agitation for regional security network.

He said governors as the chief security officers of their respective states cannot afford to keep mum in the face of kidnapping, banditry, and Boko Haram attacks.

“All that our governors are doing to fight insecurity, let us join forces with them for the success of quality security in the country. If we don’t have quality security, it will lead the country to doom,” he said.

He added that restructuring would solve the nationwide agitation by ethnic nationalities.

He decried the suspicion among ethnic groups and regions in the country, saying, “The language we are using to address ourselves across the region now is uncouth and it must not continue. I will continue to fight for Nigeria’s unity until I die. But this fight is not to make my children and my race second class citizens.”

Obasanjo noted that agitations in the last century and during his presidency were for true federalism but have now shifted to restructuring.

“When I was president, what we met and what was happening, especially with the Abacha regime, people were clamouring for true federalism, not divide Nigeria. Now people are not clamouring for true federalism again, everybody is talking about restructuring.

“If we don’t address restructuring, they may go from restructuring to self-determination and this will be a serious problem.

“If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decides to go will get support from within and outside.”

He said the late Fasehun was concerned about the lopsided political structure and arrangement in the country and would love to see these concerns addressed.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ill-fight-for-nigerias-unity-till-i-die-obasanjo.html

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by omoolorire(m): 10:02am On Mar 01, 2020
Baba to sure

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2020
This is sheer hypocrisy; turning a blind eye to real issues at hand

ITS QUITE PATHETIC

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by tsephanyah(f): 10:04am On Mar 01, 2020
Obj make sense in a long time. he is probably waking up to reality instead of living in alternate universe Because of drugs
He decried the suspicion among ethnic groups and regions in the country, saying, “The language we are using to address ourselves across the region now is uncouth and it must not continue. I will continue to fight for Nigeria’s unity until I die. But this fight is not to make my children and my race second class citizens.”

Obasanjo noted that agitations in the last century and during his presidency were for true federalism but have now shifted to restructuring.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Sonsly041(m): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2020
Mandela of Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Lawgod247: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2020
I have come to fancy this man. Wasn't so fond of him during his time in power though. For CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Unlike GEJ that stands aloof whilst the country burns. Only good at playing local Bayelsa politics. He should come to the national stage already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Davash222(m): 10:14am On Mar 01, 2020
tsephanyah:
Obj make sense in a long time. he is probably waking up to reality instead of living in alternate universe Because of drugs

What happened to your main account?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by tsephanyah(f): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2020
Davash222:

What happened to your main account?
what account?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 01, 2020
Na Nigeria unity make you kill odi people

We the ______ who love you and want out are confused now

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by money121(m): 10:20am On Mar 01, 2020
Lamba

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by oyebanji44: 10:21am On Mar 01, 2020
You can hear it from baba himself.we don't believe in biafra and we will discard the idea of secession in our totality. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2020
ahmedkoded95:
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, said yesterday reiterated his commitment to continue to fight Nigeria’s unity till the end of his life. He spoke at the first memorial lecture of Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, the founder of O’odua Peoples Congress (OPC) in Lagos.

Obasanjo said Nigeria must address the agitation for restructuring for the country to move forward. He said, “Nigeria needs a new constitution which will contain the aspirations, fears and realities of the present state of Nigeria.”

According to him, the spate of insecurity in the country has fuelled the agitation for regional security network.

He said governors as the chief security officers of their respective states cannot afford to keep mum in the face of kidnapping, banditry, and Boko Haram attacks.

“All that our governors are doing to fight insecurity, let us join forces with them for the success of quality security in the country. If we don’t have quality security, it will lead the country to doom,” he said.

He added that restructuring would solve the nationwide agitation by ethnic nationalities.

“When I was president, what we met and what was happening, especially with the Abacha regime, people were clamouring for true federalism, not divide Nigeria. Now people are not clamouring for true federalism again, everybody is talking about restructuring.

“If we don’t address restructuring, they may go from restructuring to self-determination and this will be a serious problem.

“If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decides to go will get support from within and outside.”

He said the late Fasehun was concerned about the lopsided political structure and arrangement in the country and would love to see these concerns addressed.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ill-fight-for-nigerias-unity-till-i-die-obasanjo.html
undecided
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by kettykings: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2020
This hypocritical fool who signed off bakassi peninsular to a neighboring country, something Abacha vowed never to do has come with his stupendous hypocrisy

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Simplyleo: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2020
Just hours ago, this old man said the best thing for Nigeria now is separation. The same man is now saying he will lay down his life for Nigeria's unity.

Most likely, he said the first one to appease his new found economic migrant followers from the land of the red mud. Then the second one to tell them his balls are getting bruised. grin

Same scenario that played out between him and athifku.

Few years back, athifku was a criminal with dubious parental background. Later, same athifku was the best choice for president. Both from same man.

I think ipob miscreants should just make this man their assistant god, cos he exhibits everything related to their foolishness. undecided

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Afamed: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2020
Simplyleo:
Just hours ago, this old man said the best thing for Nigeria now is separation. The same man is now saying he will lay down his life for Nigeria's unity.

Most likely, he said the first one to appease his new found economic migrant followers from the land of the red mud. Then the second one to tell them his balls are getting bruised. grin

Few years back, athifku was a criminal with dubious parental background. Later, same athifku was the best choice for president. Both from same man.

I think ipob miscreants should just make this man their assistant god, cos he exhibits everything related to their foolishness. undecided
Nothing to add. You said it all. Obasanjo speaks with two sides of his mouth

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Afamed: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2020
kettykings:
This hypocritical fool who signed off bakassi peninsular to a neighboring country, something Abacha vowed never to do has come with his stupendous hypocrisy
Gbam! Una Sabi the old man welllla

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by PureGoldh(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2020
I laugh in Swahili...Make I no talk wetin dey my mind First.

Graciously,WhatsApp/Call 081-01666-771 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Mcuzy(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2020
Booked . I really don't know what to say
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Cubana6: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
what account?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Cubana6: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Cubana6: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Nothing to add. You said it all. Obasanjo speaks with two sides of his mouth
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Cubana6: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Gbam! Una Sabi the old man welllla
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Cubana6: 11:43am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:

[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by justtoodark: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
dont restructure anything....

they dont want to stay....let them go with their south eastern states....
obansanjo is getting too soft....

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Aturitoroman: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lol
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by meum: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Some people have been raped, suffered "domestic violence", cheated on in this so called "marriage". All these need to be address.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Muhylonaire(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Oshey... Deontay Wilder grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
Rubbish..

Fight for freedom and not unity.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by StreetFight: 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ole, thief, thief.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by lomprico(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
undecided

when you were on the driver's seat, what did you do?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by hisexcellency34: 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
one of the major problem of Nigeria is Obasanjo

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by iCauseTrouble: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Withdraw Subsidy On Fertiliser – Agriculture Minister / Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official / From Denial To Blame Game — Army And Lagos Governmet Spat On Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.