Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,729 members, 7,844,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong (784 Views)

"I Will Die For Buhari" - Gov. Lalong Vows As Oshiomhole Urges Atiku's Rejection / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by olajay86(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/10/how-igbo-man-saved-my-life-during-civil.html

The Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong has recounted how an Igbo man saved his life during the Civil War.

The Governor said this while warning against allowing the rising tension in the country to degenerate into a violent conflict.

Lalong recalled how an Igbo man sacrificed his life for him.

According to him, the Igbo man, who was his guardian, was brutally killed after saving his life during the crisis when he was three years old.

He said this on the occasion of Nigeria’s 57th Independence anniversary during a church service held at the national headquarters of the Evangelical Church Winning All in Jos, Plateau State.

He said, “The memory of what happened to me when I was three years old is still fresh in my mind; an Igbo man who was my guardian that married my aunty was killed; but before he was killed, he took me and locked me inside a room.

“That memory is still fresh in my mind and anybody who is beating the drums of war has not seen it.

“If true federalism will address the injustice and cry of marginalisation in the country, government should be ready to address it.

“We should all agree to live together ; nobody should give any excuse on why the country should separate.

“In the midst of the clamour for agitation and restructuring, Nigeria still stands strong in unity.

“I am sure that if a referendum is conducted on whether Nigeria should break up or remain united, those who want the country to break up will not be up to 10 per cent.”

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by zombieHUNTER: 7:25am On Oct 03, 2017
“I am sure that if a referendum is conducted on whether Nigeria should break up or remain united, those who want the country to break up will not be up to 10 per cent.”[/quote]

I quite agree too
That's the more reason all of us must endorse a referendum so we can put this issue to rest once and for all

8 Likes

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by Fazemood(m): 7:37am On Oct 03, 2017
I concur with the referendum, let it be done so that we can know where this nation stands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by Tolexander: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2017

I am sure that if a referendum is conducted on whether Nigeria should break up or remain united, those who want the country to break up will not be up to 10 per cent.
Ododo oro!
Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by PointB: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2017
It's very true. Those who want to 'break-up' the country won't be up to 10 percent. More or less 5% (if you ask Buhari). So can we now have the referendum and put this issue to rest? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by Ninethmare: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Let him continue lying
Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by coliform: 7:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Having a new country does not necessarily guarantee a new life... We are better together than apart.
Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by chernest2002: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2017
Then lets try referendum

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by gidgiddy: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2017
So an Igbo man who was his guardian was massacred, probably in the North, but he still wants Igbos to be part of Nigeria until the next round of massacre.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Man Saved My Life During Civil War – Gov. Lalong by coluka: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2017
If Nigerians are so sure that those of us who want Biafra are in the minority, then let's have the referendum and see if it will not be the end of this useless country

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [11 October, 2017]. / Tinubu Calls For Deregulation Of Fuel Price, Seeks Progressive Governance / Leaks On 2019, See Who Is Billed To Be President!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.