Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (7637 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Adeboye A Very Incapable Human Being. / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2017
Normally I wouldn't create a thread such as this because of the possibility of atheists and other unscrupulous characters hijacking this thread to promote their agenda, however at some point I believe the truth MUST be brought to light.

I read through G.O Adeboye Sunday speech here (excerpts quoted below) and I was terribly shocked to read what a so called revered Man of God (or as some would say these days, god of Men)shamelessly said to his church members from the pulpit on Sunday. This god of men went against ALL what the bible talks about in regards to the qualities of a TRUE Man of God. All through the bible, it is written that as Christians we should :

1. NEVER make a show of our righteousness.

Matthew 6:1 When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.

When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn. That’s what show-offs do in the meeting places and on the street corners, because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward.

When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it.[a] 4 Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

2. NEVER mock or rejoice over the unfortunate events that has befallen others, be them your enemies or friends.
Proverbs 24:17 - Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

Proverbs 17:5 - Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverb 19: 29 - Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV - Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

So you could imagine how shocked I was when I read that a Christian, let alone a so called man of God could make fun of the unfortunate events that befell his fellow country men in the past. Below are some excerpts from the filth that this so called man of God recklessly spewed on his Sunday service

BEVERLY HILLS, October 02, (THEWILL) – The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Daddy GO, on Sunday revealed how the church bought its massive campground located along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway for N6,000.

He further advised Nigerians against beating the drums of war, pointing out that the effects of war are detrimental. The cleric narrated the ordeal of an Igbo girl, whose resuscitation during the Civil War, took more than human efforts.

“During the civil, I was working in Ondo state, and so we were very close to Ore. And of course those of you who are old enough to remember, the toughest battle of the civil war was fought in Ore, and for months after the war was over, there were still skeletons scattered all over in the bush.

“After the war, we took in an Igbo girl; she was supposed to come and be a house help; but we spent three months nursing her back to health, because she was so weak, she couldn’t even carry a bottle of coke.

Does this sound like what a responsible man of God would preach to his members on a service day? if truly he adopted someone then it would be said he did it out of his good will and if that truly is the case, then what did the bible say about good deeds? see Matthew 6:1 -3 .

“After we nursed her back to health, physically, we had to nurse her back to mental health. We had to keep on reminding her that the war is over, but she would wake up at night shaking asking “where am I?” “Which side is the army coming from?”

“We had to spend time to tell her stop chasing lizards, because towards the end of the war, they were, according to her, no lizards left in the east, because they were used for food.

“Please, don’t talk about war. I don’t want war. I don’t want war in Nigeria,”
the RCCG Overseer said.

Does the man of God really have to make fun of the adopted girl's traumatic situation? Does the Man of God have to be so insensitive to the unfortunate event of starvation that led to the death of 3 million people during the Civil war? Has he truly not read the bible verses

Proverbs 24:17 , Proverbs 17:5 , Proverb 19: 29

Did he not read the part in the Bible when the starvation was so severe that people ate their own children? Does he not know about the fate of the Edomites and Amorites when they refused to help their starving Israeli brethren?

All these are sensitive issues and if no one in the bible thought it necessary to mock the people who went through such then how can a so called G.O say such things from the most holy place in the Church, which is the pulpit?

Also,does the man of God really need to use a trumpet to sing his own praise? does he really need to talk about the unfortunate events of others in such a demeaning manner? Aren't there other ways to speak in favour of peace and unity without the subtle mockery (a very poor subtlety if I may add ).

I would conclude with the following verses:

Matthew 24:24 NIV - For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 7:15-20 NIV -15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

John 14:15 New King James Version - “If you love Me, keep[a] My commandments.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by PointB: 11:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Men of God or god or men?

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2017
shocked
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Danladi7: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2017
jewish IGBO CHRISTIANS HAVE COME AGAIN

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by potipher7: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Lol this guy you have been writing making videos against adeboye since 2015 or more i guess

Guy/man wetin he do?
He chop your money abi he no give you your percentage abi you be pastor and he sacked you without paying you your benefits grin

My mind tells me that you must be an ex pastor from redeem

26 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by sogisrael77: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2017
you are entitle to your own opinion. however, i will advise to be very careful of what you say concerning some men of God whose antecedent even we know and believe you also know to some extent. Even if he says what he shouldn't have said please you are not in the best position to make that correction or rebuke numbers 12:6 - 8

6 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2017
This igbo boy again?why don't you direct your anger to the right quaters.
Must you blame buhari or baba Adeboye for all the problems and challenges facing you in life?

If you see anything wrong with that admonition then you need to be delivered from marine spirits and household battles.

Baba adeboye is not the reason you are unemployed go ask your parents who bewitched you from infancy.omoale jati jati

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by adadike281(f): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2017
Well, odinakachukwu!
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by trueconscience(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2017
I dont intend to hurl insults buy guy #trowayface your post is watery.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by ERockson: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP is a Pig and idiiot!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
ERockson:
OP is a Pig and idiiot!
not only is he a pig he is also an accursed boy who will never amount to anything in life because of the way he is staining the image of a true man of God.

8 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
ANYBODY THAT WILL SUPPORT THIS OP WILL ALSO SHARE IN THE CURSES THE ANGELS OF GOD ARE ALREADY RAINING ON HIM.

Out of this thread

6 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by coolebux(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Still searching for the exact fault that justifies your miscalculated claims

11 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Ballmer: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Some Igbos n madness like peak its in them.

5 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Bari22: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
following
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
see them!!.. children of Adeboye..

op no blame dem.. na wetin dia Daddy G.O dey teach dem..

children of hate and envy.. always hating on the truth.

wow.. how the worship mere human.. called Daddy G.O"

yet they're called Christians.. wey no dey read bible.. based on "daddy G.O don talk.. no need.

keep fooling una self

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
ANYBODY THAT WILL SUPPORT THIS OP WILL ALSO SHARE IN THE CURSES THE ANGELS OF GOD ARE ALREADY RAINING ON HIM.

Out of this thread

I don't worship man, I worship GOD, The true living God, no man is worth my worship. I have posted the bible verses supporting my post and exposing your G.O for the charlatan that he is. A true man of God MUST remember the guidelines that God gave us true Christians.

2 Timothy 2:15 study to show thy self approved. READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELVES. THESE FALSE PROPHETS WOULD ONLY LEAD YOU TO YOUR DESTRUCTION. Money grabbing, tribalist politicians disguising as pastors!

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by GreyLaw(m): 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP, I think you may have missed the context of the message from the pastor. Sometimes preachers have to cite examples to buttress their points.

I think it would be wrong of you to throw a blanket judgement on the man just because of a single speech/message.

Again, once you throw in tribal slurs into your assessments, you may lose every once of objectivity.

6 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
GreyLaw:
OP, I think you may have missed the context of the message from the pastor. Sometimes preachers have to cite examples to buttress their points.

I think it would be wrong of you to throw a blanket judgement on the man just because of a single speech/message.

Again, once you throw in tribal slurs into your assessments, you may lose every once of objectivity.

Surely you can see the subtle mockery the "God of men" was using when he made reference to lizards in the east being used as food. How could someone so revered make such distasteful and insensitive speech and from the holiest place in the church, the pulpit. We all need to open our eyes, read through the lines of every adulterated and filthy doctrine that some of these popular Nigerian pastor try to force down our throats. Then compare that with what Jesus Christ said in the bible. I have listed the bible verses above and have compared them to the filth that the G.O preached on Sunday. The truth is plain for all to see!

As for the "tribal slur", read through the pastor politicians Sunday speech then read through my post, I think you would find that the tribal slur was thrown out there by the revered G.O in a suggestive manner (I have a word that would perfectly describe what this acronym should truly stand for but I wouldn't go that far!)

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by PointB: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:

Out of this thread

See painment grin grin
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
This man is a POLITICAL Pastor (I don't even know what to call him) this is the second time he is doing this.
Last time "DADDY G.O" said Ojukwu chased him out of Eastern Nigeria, a statement that seemed to suggest Ojukwu was the agitator, disregarding the circumstances that led to the quit notice. Igbos where killed en masse, would he have preferred to be killed in reprisal attacks in the East? If he is so outspoken and devoid of any tribal sentiments how come he kept mum over .

1,The Christians massacred in the North

2, Boko haram's push to islamize the country

3, Claims to be a man of God, NEVER speaks about corrupt leaders, rather he is good friends with them and keeps inviting them to "MINISTER" in his church. In the Bible I have read, Men of GOD (Prophets as they were called), were almost NEVER friends with the Kings, as they never compromised the messages God sent them to deliver, even to great Kings who were close to God. I.E 2 Samuel 12 Nathan and king David

4, Disappears like Nnamdi Kanu whenever issues regarding genocidal Fulani herdsmen , inequity, corruption, requests for financial aids and scholarship are made, but somehow shows up when its time to slander and make a mockery of Igbos.

I am glad others are starting to see this man for who he really is. There are still good, REAL men of God. I am very comfortable to say this man is however not one of them.

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by crossfire(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Plz who so ever opened this trend u rilly need too b careful n mind the way u address a man of God.anythg he said is left for the Almighty God too judge. Plz redraw Ur statement. It's not always advisable too talk too elderly people in a rude manner talk more of a prominent child of God.plz direct Ur anger else where.u r not evn more holy than them.a word is enough for the wise.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
He's even trying to justify his senseless thread instead of him to be weeping because of the misfortune this has has started to invite into his life.

I don't worship man says an idiot who doesn't know that one can sin against God through his true servant like Baba adeboye.

Go and study your bible very well and learn what happened to mariam,moses' sister before you start blackmailing men of God.
And what is even wrong with the sermon that you are ranting about? It's satan that paint that sermon bad in your mind inorder to bring generational curse upon you.
Sin against holy spirit will never be forgiven, you have sinned against holyspirit through Baba adeboye.
Mrchippychappy:

I don't worship man, I worship GOD, The true living God, no man is worth my worship. I have posted the bible verses supporting my post and exposing your G.O for the charlatan that he is. A true man of God MUST remember the guidelines that God gave us true Christians.

2 Timothy 2:15 study to show thy self approved. READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELVES. THESE FALSE PROPHETS WOULD ONLY LEAD YOU TO YOUR DESTRUCTION. Money grabbing, tribalist politicians disguising as pastors!

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by MyNewJackeT: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP do you remember that place in the Bible that Jesus said you shouldn't call anyone father, when he was referring to preachers...........A.K.A DADDY G.O
it's in the Bible, in fact apart from pastor he's supposed to be referred to as brother adeboye, because he is our brother in Christ but we know he is not. he is a God amongst men.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by remonics: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Normally I wouldn't create a thread such as this because of the possibility of atheists and other unscrupulous characters hijacking this thread to promote their agenda, however at some point I believe the truth MUST be brought to light.

I read through G.O Adeboye Sunday speech here (excerpts quoted below) and I was terribly shocked to read what a so called revered Man of God (or as some would say these days, god of Men)shamelessly said to his church members from the pulpit on Sunday. This god of men went against ALL what the bible talks about in regards to the qualities of a TRUE Man of God. All through the bible, it is written that as Christians we should :

1. NEVER make a show of our righteousness.

Matthew 6:1 When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.

When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn. That’s what show-offs do in the meeting places and on the street corners, because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward.

When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it.[a] 4 Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

2. NEVER mock or rejoice over the unfortunate events that has befallen others, be them your enemies or friends.
Proverbs 24:17 - Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

Proverbs 17:5 - Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverb 19: 29 - Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV - Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

So you could imagine how shocked I was when I read that a Christian, let alone a so called man of God could make fun of the unfortunate events that befell his fellow country men in the past. Below are some excerpts from the filth that this so called man of God recklessly spewed on his Sunday service

Does this sound like what a responsible man of God would preach to his members on a service day? if truly he adopted someone then it would be said he did it out of his good will and if that truly is the case, then what did the bible say about good deeds? see Matthew 6:1 -3 .

Does the man of God really have to make fun of the adopted girl's traumatic situation? Does the Man of God have to be so insensitive to the unfortunate event of starvation that led to the death of 3 million people during the Civil war? Has he truly not read the bible verses

Proverbs 24:17 , Proverbs 17:5 , Proverb 19: 29

Did he not read the part in the Bible when the starvation was so severe that people ate their own children? Does he not know about the fate of the Edomites and Amorites when they refused to help their starving Israeli brethren?

All these are sensitive issues and if no one in the bible thought it necessary to mock the people who went through such then how can a so called G.O say such things from the most holy place in the Church, which is the pulpit?

Also,does the man of God really need to use a trumpet to sing his own praise? does he really need to talk about the unfortunate events of others in such a demeaning manner? Aren't there other ways to speak in favour of peace and unity without the subtle mockery (a very poor subtlety if I may add ).

I would conclude with the following verses:

Matthew 24:24 NIV - For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 7:15-20 NIV -15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

John 14:15 New King James Version - “If you love Me, keep[a] My commandments.

op your accusations are baseless. remember the GO is an African, such reminisce is needed in order to avert disaster. it has nothing to do with being a christian. there is an african adage that says "when a child falls,he looks forward, but when an adult falls, he looks back"

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by MyNewJackeT: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
crossfire:
Plz who so ever opened this trend u rilly need too b careful n mind the way u address a man of God.anythg he said is left for the Almighty God too judge. Plz redraw Ur statement. It's not always advisable too talk too elderly people in a rude manner talk more of a prominent child of God.plz direct Ur anger else where.u r not evn more holy than them.a word is enough for the wise.

this guy provided portions of the Bible to buttress his claim and you are crying wolf. what portions of the Bible do you have to support your own claim

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
GreyLaw:

You should direct your correction towards the "Pastor".
Clearly if you take time out to read what he said, parts of it were subtle aims at sarcasm, with intent to ridicule.
Surely, he could have left OBVIOUS parts of it out , but let be honest he knew what he was doing.
Like I stated in my previous post, since he is so outspoken to the point of acknowledging starvation. . . . Why hasn't he ever addressed what led to the starvation and the fact that it was an illegal act? The answer is once again OBVIOUS, and has tribal undertones written all over it again.
Before I leave the thread, I'd like to ask you. If one WAS starving in the PAST, USED to chase and catch lizards for food, but then suddenly comes across a place that provides better proper and constant meals, why would that same person, chase lizards and even go as far as saying lizards were extinct where she came from? Reminds me of the Alangba jokes Yoruba people always make about Igbos, don't you think? Oh, what am i saying he is a pastor, he can't possibly do that.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by OluchiDelly: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
No iota of sense in ur write up.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
crossfire:

Same can be said about the OP, only God can judge.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by dodelight(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
This OP is highly delusional. In your own eyes you have written something wise and clever. But deep inside (and unknown to you), you're being consumed with hate and pride (the first sin of the devil). There's still hope for you, though; if you will truly seek God's forgiveness.

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by GreyLaw(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Surely you can see the subtle mockery the "God of men" was using when he made reference to lizards in the east being used as food. How could someone so revered make such distasteful and insensitive speech and from the holiest place in the church, the pulpit. We all need to open our eyes, read through the lines of every adulterated and filthy doctrine that some of these popular Nigerian pastor try to force down our throats. Then compare that with what Jesus Christ said in the bible. I have listed the bible verses above and have compared them to the filth that the G.O preached on Sunday. The truth is plain for all to see!

As for the "tribal slur", read through the pastor politicians Sunday speech then read through my post, I think you would find that the tribal slur was thrown out there by the revered G.O in a suggestive manner (I have a word that would perfectly describe what this acronym should truly stand for but I wouldn't go that far!)

Well, I'm too scared to go further into this discussion. I only call out preachers when they fall foul of clear Bible doctrines and teachings.

That said, the analysis you gave on the man's speech/message, was deductive. And at such, I think the lines are not too clear for me to take sides.

Let God be judge!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Church Service Today At COZA today , I Can't Stop Laughing / ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church / Inside The Healing School Of Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.