Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (7684 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Adeboye A Very Incapable Human Being. / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
dodelight:
This OP is highly delusional. In your own eyes you have written something wise and clever. But deep inside (and unknown to you), you're being consumed with hate and pride (the first sin of the devil). There's still hope for you, though; if you will truly seek God's forgiveness.

You should seek God first before preaching.
don't seek A man of God.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
Would you be happy if anyone says you are a stain to your family? Okay because you see nothing wrong with the way the OP is blaspheming a man of God; i also put it to you and the op that you'll be stain s to your families.
I espect you to say amen since you agree with the op.

I don't even think you understand the word:a curseless curse shall not come.
The word does not apply to what this op has done. The op has sinned against the spirit of God because he has blasphemed a true srvant of God.
introvertedsoul:

Curse causeless shall not come.
I don't see any wrong in OP's post.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by dodelight(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

I don't worship man, I worship GOD, The true living God, no man is worth my worship. I have posted the bible verses supporting my post and exposing your G.O for the charlatan that he is. A true man of God MUST remember the guidelines that God gave us true Christians.

2 Timothy 2:15 study to show thy self approved. READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELVES. THESE FALSE PROPHETS WOULD ONLY LEAD YOU TO YOUR DESTRUCTION. Money grabbing, tribalist politicians disguising as pastors!
Actually, you don't worship God, either. There is pride and conceit in your heart. See, Your existence is not a mistake, but your misdirected anger is.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by dodelight(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
introvertedsoul:

You should seek God first before preaching. don't seek A man of God.
Your username says it all. But there's hope for you too. Jesus loves you, and you can become a saved soul.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
Would you be happy if anyone says you are a stain to your family? Okay because you see nothing wrong with the way the OP is blasphemy a man of God; i also put it to you and the op that you'll be stain s to your families.
I espect you to say amen since you agree with the op.

I don't even think you understand the word:a curseless curse shall not come.
The word does not apply to what this op has done. The op has sinned against the spirit of God because he has blasphemed a true srvant of God.

Would you say the man of God's actions in RECENT times have brought more to the kingdom of God?
I think it has done otherwise.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by introvertedsoul: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
dodelight:

Your username says it all.
But there's hope for you too. Jesus loves you, and you can become a saved soul.

Sorry, I am already a Christian. I follow God not a man of God.
My dad happens to be an ordained Pastor too, that should tell you how deep my roots run in Christianity.
Go and read your bible, and stop worshiping men.

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Surely you can see the subtle mockery the "God of men" was using when he made reference to lizards in the east being used as food. How could someone so revered make such distasteful and insensitive speech and from the holiest place in the church, the pulpit. We all need to open our eyes, read through the lines of every adulterated and filthy doctrine that some of these popular Nigerian pastor try to force down our throats. Then compare that with what Jesus Christ said in the bible. I have listed the bible verses above and have compared them to the filth that the G.O preached on Sunday. The truth is plain for all to see!

As for the "tribal slur", read through the pastor politicians Sunday speech then read through my post, I think you would find that the tribal slur was thrown out there by the revered G.O in a suggestive manner (I have a word that would perfectly describe what this acronym should truly stand for but I wouldn't go that far!)

So if lizards were used as food in the east during the war, Adeboye should claim otherwise?

Where is your common sense? Shouldn't you quarrel instead with your elders for not telling you about that aspect of the war?

Initially, I wanted to ask what a religious post was doing in the politics section, then I realised that it was a post from an ipob yoot.

I read through your post and, Sorry, I couldn't find any insult. The man spoke of facts. War isn't pretty. But I Guess you guys are too slow to realize that.

Oh BTW, I'm far from being a Protestant so don't think I attend the man's church. I don't.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by GreyLaw(m): 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
introvertedsoul:

You should direct your correction towards the "Pastor".
Clearly if you take time out to read what he said, parts of it were subtle aims at sarcasm, with intent to ridicule.
Surely, he could have left OBVIOUS parts of it out , but let be honest he knew what he was doing.
Like I stated in my previous post, since he is so outspoken to the point of acknowledging starvation. . . . Why hasn't he ever addressed what led to the starvation and the fact that it was an illegal act? The answer is once again OBVIOUS, and has tribal undertones written all over it again.
Before I leave the thread, I'd like to ask you. If one WAS starving in the PAST, USED to chase and catch lizards for food, but then suddenly comes across a place that provides better proper and constant meals, why would that same person, chase lizards and even go as far as saying lizards were extinct where she came from? Reminds me of the Alangba jokes Yoruba people always make about Igbos, don't you think? Oh, what am i saying he is a pastor, he can't possibly do that.

I clearly understand your point, but like I replied the OP, the lines are not too clear for me to take sides. Most of what you said might be true, but to me they are deductive.

The preacher may have sounded sarcastic, but to say he had intent to ridicule would be a step too far for me. I read the text and couldn't see the ridicule, or, maybe, my heart did not just want to see it.

Again, I'll leave it to God.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
introvertedsoul:

You should direct your correction towards the "Pastor".
Clearly if you take time out to read what he said, parts of it were subtle aims at sarcasm, with intent to ridicule.
Surely, he could have left OBVIOUS parts of it out , but let be honest he knew what he was doing.
Like I stated in my previous post, since he is so outspoken to the point of acknowledging starvation. . . . [b]Why hasn't he ever addressed what led to the starvation and the fact that it was an illegal act? [/b]The answer is once again OBVIOUS, and has tribal undertones written all over it again.
Before I leave the thread, I'd like to ask you. If one WAS starving in the PAST, USED to chase and catch lizards for food, but then suddenly comes across a place that provides better proper and constant meals, why would that same person, chase lizards and even go as far as saying lizards were extinct where she came from? Reminds me of the Alangba jokes Yoruba people always make about Igbos, don't you think? Oh, what am i saying he is a pastor, he can't possibly do that.

@bolded, are you sure even YOU know what caused the starvation during the civil war?
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
By their fruits ye shall know them says the bible,what wrong has baba done that you now think is enough reason to be blaspheming him.
You have not seen him before,you are not one of his members,you are not contributing anything for the progress of his ministry and you were not there when God called him into the ministry.
Then who are you to question if his actions were winning souls for christ? How do you even acess some one you have not seen before or meet before?
Why are you people attracting the wrath of God into your life by blaspheming a true servant of God?

I repeat that the OP and anyone who supports him will be stains to their families.
introvertedsoul:

Would you say the man of God's actions in RECENT times have brought more to the kingdom of God?
I think it has done otherwise.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Ojiofor: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
I don't even know what people benefit from so called flashy mega churches that is business oriented in nature.Instead of building affordable schools and hospitals for poor members they offer them staged managed faked miracles 24/7 a week.

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by collinsfhk(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP I thought you have something reasonable to say.

Matt. 7:5
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Hoduwahishape: 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
By their fruits ye shall know them says the bible,what wrong has baba done that you now think is enough reason to be blaspheming him.
You have not seen him before,you are not one of his members,you are contributing anything for the progress of his ministry and you were not there when God called him into the ministry.
Then who are you to question if his actions were winning souls for christ? How do you even acess some one you have not seen before?
Why are you people attracting the wrath of God into your life?

I repeat that the OP and anyone who supports him will be stains to their families.

LMAO you are prophet now too?
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Hoduwahishape: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Anyway o, I don't get the point of the lizard remarks by "baba".
True nobody wants war,but was the lizard remarks really necessary?
As so one above stated why not also speak on who and what led to the starvation, that penultimately led to people eating lizards?

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Normally I wouldn't create a thread such as this because of the possibility of atheists and other unscrupulous characters hijacking this thread to promote their agenda, however at some point I believe the truth MUST be brought to light.

I read through G.O Adeboye Sunday speech here (excerpts quoted below) and I was terribly shocked to read what a so called revered Man of God (or as some would say these days, god of Men)shamelessly said to his church members from the pulpit on Sunday. This god of men went against ALL what the bible talks about in regards to the qualities of a TRUE Man of God. All through the bible, it is written that as Christians we should :

1. NEVER make a show of our righteousness.

Matthew 6:1 When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.

When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn. That’s what show-offs do in the meeting places and on the street corners, because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward.

When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it.[a] 4 Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

2. NEVER mock or rejoice over the unfortunate events that has befallen others, be them your enemies or friends.
Proverbs 24:17 - Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

Proverbs 17:5 - Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverb 19: 29 - Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV - Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

So you could imagine how shocked I was when I read that a Christian, let alone a so called man of God could make fun of the unfortunate events that befell his fellow country men in the past. Below are some excerpts from the filth that this so called man of God recklessly spewed on his Sunday service

Does this sound like what a responsible man of God would preach to his members on a service day? if truly he adopted someone then it would be said he did it out of his good will and if that truly is the case, then what did the bible say about good deeds? see Matthew 6:1 -3 .

Does the man of God really have to make fun of the adopted girl's traumatic situation? Does the Man of God have to be so insensitive to the unfortunate event of starvation that led to the death of 3 million people during the Civil war? Has he truly not read the bible verses

Proverbs 24:17 , Proverbs 17:5 , Proverb 19: 29

Did he not read the part in the Bible when the starvation was so severe that people ate their own children? Does he not know about the fate of the Edomites and Amorites when they refused to help their starving Israeli brethren?

All these are sensitive issues and if no one in the bible thought it necessary to mock the people who went through such then how can a so called G.O say such things from the most holy place in the Church, which is the pulpit?

Also,does the man of God really need to use a trumpet to sing his own praise? does he really need to talk about the unfortunate events of others in such a demeaning manner? Aren't there other ways to speak in favour of peace and unity without the subtle mockery (a very poor subtlety if I may add ).

I would conclude with the following verses:

Matthew 24:24 NIV - For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 7:15-20 NIV -15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

John 14:15 New King James Version - “If you love Me, keep[a] My commandments.

shataaap!

Are you God that decides who has commited a sin. Why not mind your business and let decide if he has commited a sin.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Hoduwahishape: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
ERockson:
OP is a Pig and idiiot!
Baba taught you well.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
I see people are angry with my post. Some of you eithrr don't know the bible, are ignorant of your god (the g.o) true intentions or are simply upset that the truth is being brought to light.

This is not a case of us being African as someone said here lol. This is not a case of respecting an elder either. I would abide by what was written in the scriptures.

Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith ” (Titus 1: 13).

We are to REBUKE false prophets. On numerous occassions this individual has shown just how much of a false prophet he is. From preaching heresy to his refusal to take a stand on issues regarding christians and their safety in Nigeria to his numerous preaching on how the church members should pour all their money into the store house ( translation into his pocket) to his vague ambigious prophesies, now he has finally showed his true colours. Like the saying goes "when the grass is cut, the green snake would show". His true nature has been exposed!

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by newbornmacho(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
sogisrael77:
you are entitle to your own opinion. however, i will advise to be very careful of what you say concerning some men of God whose antecedent even we know and believe you also know to some extent. Even if he says what he shouldn't have said please you are not in the best position to make that correction or rebuke numbers 12:6 - 8
I'm sorry for you. You obviously don't know anything about Christianity. Adeboye is a false prophet and an overrated sect leader. I think many are beginning to find out.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by newbornmacho(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Overrated Adeboye is at it again . I don't blame him, I blame all those who still remain hooked on denominationalism.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
People accusing me of offending the holy spirit and God should read up 1st King 22.

Micaih did NOT say the things the king jehosaphat wanted to hear, he said what God ministered to him.

The false prophet Zedekiah said what the king jehosaphat wanted to hear.

The ending was sad for Zedekiah and Jehosaphat. No man is worth worshipping, as true christians we are to worship the one and only true God. That is why i laugh when people who don't know their bible verses come here to place a curse on themselves thinking they are placing a curse on me.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
newbornmacho:
Overrated Adeboye is at it again . I don't blame him, I blame all those who still remain hooked on denominationalism.

My brother how many of these people truly study the word? These ones are the ones that would send you whatsapp messages asking you to forward it to 100 people to receive your miracle lol.

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Do you see anything wrong with the admonition too? And if someone insult your parent would you keep quiet. I am not one of his members but that does not mean i should not defend the name of God through him.
Hoduwahishape:

LMAO you are prophet now too?
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by newbornmacho(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
You have not seen him before,you are not one of his members,you are not contributing anything for the progress of his ministry and you were not there when God called him into the ministry.
Then who are you to question if his actions were winning souls for christ? How do you even acess some one you have not seen before or meet before?
Why are you people attracting the wrath of God into your life by blaspheming a true servant of God?

Adeboye is not preaching the truth. He is just another denominational pastorpreneur. Denominationalism which has wounded Christianity is championed by people line him and he deserves to be called out.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by newbornmacho(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
I'm encouraged that we have people like the op still willing to speak truth to power in the Christian setting.

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Says a fellow who has not attended his church before.

Baba adeboye is a huge blessing to the body of christ in Nigeria Africa and all over the world
newbornmacho:

Adeboye is not preaching the truth. He is just another denominational pastorpreneur. Denominationalism which has wounded Christianity is championed by people line him and he deserves to be called out.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by TheKingdom: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
From Adeboye to Oyedepo they are selling you hope and keeping you distracted from revolution.

How long has Christianity been in the Nigger Area that we have mega churches and private jets for pastors when those who have had Christianity for centuries dont?

Jamaica, Nigeria, Kenya, they all have more churches than factories. WHY?

3 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
newbornmacho:

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them ” (Rom. 16:17)

Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith ” (Titus 1: 13).

Most of them think they are defending a true man of God but how can you tell what is true if you can't tell what is fake? These ones would go to church to scream for millions of naira and riches but would never open the bible to read for themselves. All this denominational pastopreneurs would 't even donate a fraction of the billions that they fleeced from their members to fellow churches who have come under terrorist attacks in the North, all what they want is "meat in the store house"

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Reptyle(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
From the OP's narrative, it seems to me Pastor Adeboye only told this story to illustrate the evils of war having experienced one first hand.

Seems to me like the OP managed to read his own meanings into some of the pastor's statement based on his own biases.

A proverb in my village says that the man who uses the toilet without properly cleaning himself up afterwards will always wear a guilty expression anytime someone around him complains of a foul odour.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by newbornmacho(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
Says a fellow who have not attended his church before.

Baba adeboye is a huge blessing to the body of christ in Nigeria Africa and all over the world
say what you like. It doesn't bother me at all. Adeboye and the other denominational tin gods have been an embarrassment to the faith of Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
God almighty, keep Baba Adeboye of RCCG for us. continue to strenghten him . Baba remains a blessing to christianity.
newbornmacho:
say what you like. It doesn't bother me at all. Adeboye and the other denominational tin gods have been an embarrassment to the faith of Jesus Christ
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Biety:
God almighty, keep Baba Adeboye of RCCG for us. continue to strenghten him . Baba remains a blessing to christianity.

Don't place your hope on men. Your foundation in Christ should not be built on the doctorines of men but on the doctorines from the bible. I wish baba Adeboye well but a time would come when all evil done in the dark would be brought to light.
Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Biety: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
What the OP is doing is one of the signs of end time. Baba adeboye, oyedepo and others will continue raising the banner whether it is convinient for satan and its demonic hosts online and offline.

Your critism can never bring them down but will rather make them more steadfast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Are Those That Peddle The Word Of God For Profit ? / 12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.