Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,650 members, 7,854,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:53 AM

Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief (1340 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Troops Kill Boko Haram Commander In Borno Forest / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Gbawe: 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2010
Katsumoto:

I think he means that by being VP, Jonathan has right to be sworn in as acting president in the event that the president is unavailable.

Precisely. He knows what I mean but is only living up to his name (Beaf) with how he prefers to immaturely make everlasting enemies of those who write what he does not agree with.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Beaf: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2010
Gbawe:

Please refrain from following me around Nairaland because of your vengefully immature nature . Stop dwelling pedantically on and deliberately misconstruing my choice of words in a pathetic attempt to discredit me. I am now scared of your persona because it seems you carry bad belle and hatred of others , when they write what you don't like,  from thread to thread to the extent that you will deliberately attempt to misrepresent them . Clearly you take things to heart and too personally. you are someone to avoid at all cost.

When I stated that Jonathan "must be given what constitutionally belongs to him" everyone knows that I am saying that , for the sake of peace and the cessation of a dangerous power vacuum , the provisions of the constitution should be adhered to so that the hand over to Jonathan can be completed if Yar Adua is medically indisposed. We all know that folks like Aondoakaa hijacked the Presidency. We all wanted that to stop so that Presidential power is handed down to the correct heirarchical recipient according to our constitution. Many of us are not constitutional lawyers on Nairaland but we know that our constitution makes provisions for the situation we are in.

It is a shame that you want to destroy your own credibility on this forum with vengeful, emotional  and immature writing.

Stop being funny and waxing emotional and hot tempered. How can pointing out faulty arguments be the same as stalking (don't feel too important) and being "vengefully immature"? Can't one counter arguments these days without becoming the unwitting recipient of a flurry of punches? How can I be wrong to say Jonathan is not Acting President, because it is his right? My brother, that office belongs to Nigeria, not Jonathan, hence I questioned your understanding.
I saw a strange argument and I have every right to point that out. Was I rude to you or condescending in any way? No I simply stated my observations, in fact there were things I left out, like not explaining why I said your argument beat itself up; I will do that now:

You made this statement;
Gbawe:
Why ask Jonathan to act against the corrupt system that is responsible for the high office he holds that he would ordinarily not have gained in a serious democracy devoid of shamelessly self-serving kingmaking ?

It directly contradicts this one;
Gbawe:
How many of you think Jonathan would be our VP today , rather than Donald Duke , if merit and ability are the main recruitment criteria for political office in Nigeria?

Excuse me! If the PDP and INEC procedures that brought Jonathan to power are corrupt, how is Donald Duke's case any different? He is a member of the very same PDP and would have had to face (or be blessed by) the very same INEC procedures. So how can a "corrupt system" be "responsible for the high office" Jonathan holds, but for others, the system is okay?

All I am saying is, lets not bring biases and coat them with arguments that "sound right".
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2010
I personally campaigned vigorously for power to be handed over to Jonathan not because I expected much from Jonathan but because I wanted to defend our constitution.

Unfortunately Jonathan refused to disappoint me by being his docile self. Nigerians should start preparing for  the longest transition in our history. Jonathan is simply not ready to lead, neither is he willing to lead.

Honestly I personally shed tears for Nigeria when Donald Duke threw in the towel in 2006 because I knew hope had been deferred and I was not wrong. I honestly pray that Donald Duke will damn the consequences this time and stand for elections, campaign vigorously and see the outcome. Donald Duke does not have a lot of time again. If he misses to fight for it now then he should forget, I don't think he will ever be supported by the PDP establishment anyway.

I hope he starts now.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Gbawe: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2010
Beaf:

Stop being funny and waxing emotional and hot tempered. How can pointing out faulty arguments be the same as stalking (don't feel too important) and being "vengefully immature"? Can't one counter arguments these days without becoming the unwitting recipient of a flurry of punches? How can I be wrong to say Jonathan is not Acting President, because it is his right? My brother, that office belongs to Nigeria, not Jonathan, hence I questioned your understanding.
I saw a strange argument and I have every right to point that out. Was I rude to you or condescending in any way? No I simply stated my observations, in fact there were things I left out, like not explaining why I said your argument beat itself up; I will do that now:

You made this statement;
It directly contradicts this one;
Excuse me! If the PDP and INEC procedures that brought Jonathan to power are corrupt, how is Donald Duke's case any different? He is a member of the very same PDP and would have had to face (or be blessed by) the very same INEC procedures. So how can a "corrupt system" be "responsible for the high office" Jonathan holds, but for others, the system is okay?

All I am saying is, lets not bring biases and coat them with arguments that "sound right".

My friend , I can no longer be bothered to take you seriously. Others recognise your vengeful mischief also :

mikeansy:

I don't think you needed to explain that

Beaf knew what Gbawe meant but chose to try his hand at a little bit of spin.

It is pointless to respond to anything else you write. I am not keen to carry on any debate with an individual who is only ready to deliberately misconstrue what I write because of immature vengefulness .
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Beaf: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
^
. . .Gone lame, cos no answers grin
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Gbawe: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2010
mikeansy:

I personally campaigned vigorously for power to be handed over to Jonathan not because I expected much from Jonathan but because I wanted to defend our constitution.

Likewise.

Honestly I personally shed tears for Nigeria when Donald Duke threw in the towel in 2006 because I knew hope had been deferred and I was not wrong. I honestly pray that Donald Duke will damn the consequences this time and stand for elections, campaign vigorously and see the outcome. Donald Duke does not have a lot of time again. If he misses to fight for it now then he should forget, I don't think he will ever be supported by the PDP establishment anyway.

I hope he starts now.

I was highly dissapointed also but it was OBJ that schemed Duke out . If Duke can become VP candidate to a strong Presidential candidate for 2011 , and subsequently the pairing goes on to win, we may see a Donald Duke Presidency in 2015. Alas , I feel that , unless vengeful kingmakers are neutralised , Duke is fighting a losing battle. He has already shown he is a determined and brave politician with how he berated his Party and Jonathan over the Yar Adua health saga. Senior members of the PDP actually asked for Duke to be sanctioned for his "rebellion" against the Party!!

I feel that if the situation of the past remains and a few self-serving individuals are allowed to select the next President and VP, Duke will automatically be disqualified because it will now be very obvious to the various kingmakers , if it was not already , that Donald Duke will not be easily controlled and teleguided.

People can accuse Duke of corruption all they want. It is only the most naive Nigerians who will think  that , for now , corruption is not the status quo amongst most of our politicians. While we continue to fine-tune our democracy in an attempt to get it to an advanced level of efficacy we must embrace men and women , in an imperfect system, who will facilitate progress . That is the Nigerian reality currently. Duke is a progressive politician and I feel he is one of the leaders who can move us forward.

It would have been the most natural order of things , if merit were the consideration, for Duke to be VP to Yar Adua in 2007. Since OBJ and co were scared to death of progressive men with their own minds, gameplan and ideas ( like Donald Duke)  we ended up with Jonathan . As long as men like OBJ hold sway, the likes of Duke will be frustrated.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2010
Gbawe

The reason I say this is the best opportunity for Duke to run for office is. In the next coming months Jonathan will have more clout than he has now. While he may not have the capacity to impose himself on the PDP. He will surely have the capacity to hurt the party if he decides that votes must count. And trust me Jonathan will not be too happy with a PDP policy that will shut him out.

A good field operator like Duke can exploit such a division within the PDP to sweep the polls.

Forget the internet campaign and blogging by Obama. I personally saw it in 2006 by Donald Duke. Duke was blogging with Nigerians worldwide in 2006 and was plotting to begin his online fund raising operation before his campaign was halted.
The man was already doing a state by state luxury coach tour of Nigeria Just like Obama came to do. he had an effective campaign operation which would have been able to pull off his campaign.

Because of his links, he has the capacity to divide the establishment but boost his own campaign more with a people led grass-roots operations just like Obama did.

Guess what? in 2006 Aliko Dangote was secretely funding Donald Duke along side some Business men who remained coded at those early stages. Doyin Okupe who was OBJ's communications director was already organising Duke's campaign team before he was halted. Even in the Military he then had very strong ties with Martin Luthar Agwai, Owoye Azazi . . . . .this ties explain the reasons why the top Army Officers always brought the officers retreat to Obudu Ranch at the time as well as the good facilities available in the state.

If Donald Duke does not exploit the fractions in the PDP now he may never get their. The KingMakers will never select him. He must be ready to take on the establishment or forget it.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Gbawe: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2010
mikeansy:

Gbawe

The reason I say this is the best opportunity for Duke to run for office is. In the next coming months Jonathan will have more clout than he has now. While he may not have the capacity to impose himself on the PDP. He will surely have the capacity to hurt the party if he decides that votes must count. And trust me Jonathan will not be too happy with a PDP policy that will shut him out.

A good field operator like Duke can exploit such a division within the PDP to sweep the polls.

Forget the internet campaign and blogging by Obama. I personally saw it in 2006 by Donald Duke. Duke was blogging with Nigerians worldwide in 2006 and was plotting to begin his online fund raising operation before his campaign was halted.
The man was already doing a state by state luxury coach tour of Nigeria Just like Obama came to do. he had an effective campaign operation which would have been able to pull off his campaign.

Because of his links, he has the capacity to divide the establishment but boost his own campaign more with a people led grass-roots operations just like Obama did.

Guess what? in 2006 Aliko Dangote was secretely funding Donald Duke along side some Business men who remained coded at those early stages. Doyin Okupe who was OBJ's communications director was already organising Duke's campaign team before he was halted. Even in the Military he then had very strong ties with Martin Luthar Agwai, Owoye Azazi . . . . .this ties explain the reasons why the top Army Officers always brought the officers retreat to Obudu Ranch at the time as well as the good facilities available in the state.

I was aware of this back then too and I was impressed yet I realised that I should not be because Duke should be the norm rather than dross like Yar Adua and Jonathan.

If Donald Duke does not exploit the fractions in the PDP now he may never get their. The KingMakers will never select him. He must be ready to take on the establishment or forget it.

Astute thinking. In the current climate of uncertainty Duke , as one of the voices who spoke for what is right , may actually benefit from the disaffection Nigerians are feeling towards all those they hold responsible for the harmful power tussle we all witnessed . Yuguda , for example , and minus the most blatantly unchallenged kingmaking ,  will be wasting his time attempting to become President of Nigeria via the VP route because he will now be remembered as one of those who prolonged the crisis , to abet the interest of a cabal , rather than place Nigeria and Nigerians first and foremost . Duke , on the other hand , gained a lot of credibility lately as one of the few PDP members , along with Ken Nnamani,  who risked punishment from his own party to insist that the right thing be done in the interest of Nigeria's unity. Nigerians will remember that if Duke becomes politically active.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2010
I honestly think he should run and run vigorously

If he fails so be it.

The man was up for it in 2007, Nigerians simply refused to hope.
Maybe we may hope better this time, he should throw himself in the ring for one last time and give it a full go. Regardless of what PDP thinks.

All he needs is a Nupe or Tiv Muslim VP.

I personally believe that a Presidential candidate can win elections in Nigeria by being strong in the South and winning the rest of Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Plateau, Niger and Abuja.

You must not win in Kano and Sokoto or Katsina to win elections.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Shoot2Kill: 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
Jonathan lacks the mental capacity and the charisma to lead Nigeria. The day i realised he was a lame duck was when he rehired the former attorney general. That was just pathetic; you don't fire someone only to re-hire him/her a few minutes later.

The problem is that his kinsmen on Nairaland are blinded by tribal pride so they will not find fault with him.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2010
[size=18pt]Jonathan Goodluck Lameduck[/size]
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by Pharoh: 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2010
mikeansy:

I honestly think he should run and run vigorously

If he fails so be it.

The man was up for it in 2007, Nigerians simply refused to hope.
Maybe we may hope better this time, he should throw himself in the ring for one last time and give it a full go. Regardless of what PDP thinks.

All he needs is a Nupe or Tiv Muslim VP.

I personally believe that a Presidential candidate can win elections in Nigeria by being strong in the South and winning the rest of Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Plateau, Niger and Abuja.

You must not win in Kano and Sokoto or Katsina to win elections.

Only if the south and middlebelt can come together to form a united front which i think is not even possible.
Re: Jos - Jonathan's First Failure As Commander In Chief by jamace(m): 2:25am On Mar 08, 2010
Jonathan Goodluck Lameduck

You people have started again? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception / Nigeria Election Results: Opposition Score Major Victories / Why A Yoruba State, Lagos, Is Now Less Reliant On Federal Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.