Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV (25211 Views)

Tax Exemption For Incorporated Trustees? / Dangote Reacts To Criticisms On Border Closure Exemption, Hammers Bloomberg / How To Get Tax Identification Number (TIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Iseoluwani: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
scofieldsimba:
Yahoo boys no dey pay tax... grin

Dey do

But they pay it to their juju gods n babalawos

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by PrincessBecks(f): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
uyisteven:

Forgive me but I'm Just Curious Miss..
Who introduced you to Nairaland

Lmao...

I've been on this platform for like 2yrs now as a guest, only got an account months ago.

As for your question? My big brother introduced me to this wonderful platform.

In case you are still wondering, I'm half Nigerian though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jvirgin:
It's a lie, wake up from your slumber dude. This guy will pay more dearly than paying Taxes. Nothing is free in a black man's world, certainly not in Nigeria. He will learn his lessons in few years; MAYBE 2019.

When are you going to float your own company?

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Opinionated:
One of the biggest news of the weekend was the announcement of a 3-year tax exemption for TSTV by Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture.

This got the TSTV MD/CEO, Bright Echefu, those at the launch and even beyond very excited. However, what many do not know is that there are certain types of business that qualify for the same tax exemption in Nigeria.

Are you wondering what they are? Don’t worry, we have the new list of these businesses in what is called Pioneer Relief which allows you to get 3 years tax exemption and a possible additional 2-year extension making a total of 5 years.

We know, you cannot wait here it is:

The new industries added to the PSI list are as follows:
1. Mining and processing of coal;
2. Processing and preservation of meat/poultry and production of meat/poultry products;
3. Manufacture of starches and starch products;
4. Processing of cocoa;
5. Manufacture of animal feeds;
6. Tanning and dressing of Leather;
7. Manufacture of leather footwear, luggage and handbags;
8. Manufacture of household and personal hygiene paper products;
9. Manufacture of paints, vanishes and printing ink;
10. Manufacture of plastic products (builders’ plastic ware) and moulds;
11. Manufacture of batteries and accumulators;
12. Manufacture of steam generators;
13. Manufacture of railway locomotives, wagons and rolling stock;
14. Manufacture of metal-forming machinery and machine tools;
15. Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy;
16. Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage processing;
17. Manufacture of machinery for textile, apparel and leather production;
18. Manufacture of machinery for paper and paperboard production;
19. Manufacture of plastics and rubber machinery;
20. Waste treatment, disposal and material recovery;
21. E-commerce services;
22. Software development and publishing;
23. Motion picture, video and television programme production, distribution, exhibition and photography;
24. Music production, publishing and distribution;
25. Real estate investment vehicles under the Investments and Securities Act;
26. Mortgage backed securities under the Investments and Securities Act; and
27. Business process outsourcing.

This policy was initially established in the Industrial Development (Income Tax Relief) Act and then reviewed by the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) created additional provisions which took effect on 30th January 2014. This latest list of industries was released by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment on 7th August 2017.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/ultimate-tip-can-get-tax-exemption-like-tstv/

Sharp, but what's the process for obtaining the tax exemption?
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by afopower(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jvirgin:
It's a lie, wake up from your slumber dude. This guy will pay more dearly than paying Taxes. Nothing is free in a black man's world, certainly not in Nigeria. He will learn his lessons in few years; MAYBE 2019.
please relocate to your country if u dnt believe in 9ja

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jakohai:

Hitv messed themselves up....by thinking that Nigerians bought cable TV for football.

Then their bouquet was poor.

TSTV appears to have a much better bouquet than hitv.

Dstv will definitely wanna clap back but with pay per view n football matches TSTV ain't going No where
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Bizibi(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
This is the type of thread I love bumping into....
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Themandator: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
biolashn:
nice one...pioneer right of election.....3years tstv sha wan crash d whole market.....

They will still collect the remaining two years ... By then dstv no to know wetin hit them ...All their products will b bought from the second year profit of tstv unless dem go rush go meet mtn make dem collabo give free decoder and data service too because wetin dey ground pass match things ... Na the data service be d koko

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by dultmax(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
speaktome:
Am into Fabrication of Agricultural machines....
Why have they been disturbing me for Tax

shocked shocked shocked

do u av fish pelletizer nd extruder.....floatin feed machin?

#MySignatureMyBusiness
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Themandator: 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jakohai:

Hitv messed themselves up....by thinking that Nigerians bought cable TV for football.

Then their bouquet was poor.

TSTV appears to have a much better bouquet than hitv.

Na lie .... Dem for make am but d liabilities became too heavy and they couldn't renew the sport license ...Sport enthusiast accounts for like 70 percent of those who pay or would have loved to pay if the price was right

Read their story , they paid much more than anybody had ever paid for sport right in the history of rights in Africa forgetting that other interests had to be catered for
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by uyisteven(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
PrincessBecks:

Lmao...

I've been on this platform for like 2yrs now as a guest, only got an account months ago.

As for your question? My big brother introduced me to this wonderful platform.

In case you are still wondering, I'm half Nigerian though.

Did you just type Half Nigerian...Wow..
I knew there was a reason why I was still here...
I guess it's to meet Beautiful Cinderellas like you...
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ArewaWatch: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nice one
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by micflo28(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
The beauty of competition, now that the monopoly has been broken, more companies will come in now to share the excess profit being ripped by dstv over the years. TSTV should equally expect stiffer challengers as the market has been penetrated. I have a dream that decoders will soon be free like sim cards grin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by marxist88: 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hmm, this tstv na scam like mmm
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by KenzDozz: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
obidevine:
Lalasticlala please I think this is a very educative and informative post. Please move to front page.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by KenzDozz: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Habyz(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jvirgin:
How can you reason this way.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by jiggyman(m): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
How about frying coconut...does that also get a tax exemption...cos thats what i intend venturing into

MANUFACTURING OF .......
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by TheGreatIYANU: 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
WOOOOHOOOO!!! eCommerce... WE MADE IT!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Rick9(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wow, MUSIC PRODUCTION, chai that means if someone setup a Record Labelz he would be exempted from Taxes for 3 years, mehn this is great. Oh
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ThierryJay: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
SnowJay92:

Sharp, but what's the process for obtaining the tax exemption?

You have to submit an application to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) in Abuja that details why your business should qualify for tax exemption. The application and approval process is laid down by the NIPC and usually takes between 4 - 7months.

It's usually advisable to engage a tax consultant for this.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ycmdng(m): 1:07am On Oct 04, 2017
9jvirgin:

It must be a lie because you don't have any investment that qualifies for that. You need cleansen.
Lets just hope its implemented to the letter.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by folamsimper: 2:06am On Oct 04, 2017
I believe without a doubt that the TSTV will turn out to be a scam.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by folamsimper: 2:08am On Oct 04, 2017
Tonyreal49:
Una just dey advertise this Tstv like say e go put food for we table kilode

Na Yeeboe people dey hype the scam called TSTV. TSTV=MMM

MMM= Scam
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by abfalkolly(m): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2017
9jvirgin:
Get sense n read more about income tax relief..stop displaying ur ignorance in public!!
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by positivetaught: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2017
This is a PDP/Johnathan formulated brilliant economic promotion policy now been claimed by APC,but the would tell you PDP ran the country aground n they inherited a totally collapse country, hypocrites.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by don4real18(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
How about frying coconut...does that also get a tax exemption...cos thats what i intend venturing into
Send me your business plan
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by efighter: 7:12am On Oct 04, 2017
9jvirgin:

Why do you hate good news this much? Doesn't this show sign of an unfortunate pained bittch? You need serious rehabilitation.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2017
don4real18:

Send me your business plan

Send me your official mail
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
ThierryJay:

You have to submit an application to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) in Abuja that details why your business should qualify for tax exemption. The application and approval process is laid down by the NIPC and usually takes between 4 - 7months.

It's usually advisable to engage a tax consultant for this.

Noted sir, thanks a lot.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Dollabiz: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
For what
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Opinionated: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
positivetaught:
This is a PDP/Johnathan formulated brilliant economic promotion policy now been claimed by APC,but the would tell you PDP ran the country aground n they inherited a totally collapse country, hypocrites.

It predates Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 / Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria / How To Start VTU Business With RAGP COMPANY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.