Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV (25198 Views)

Tax Exemption For Incorporated Trustees? / Dangote Reacts To Criticisms On Border Closure Exemption, Hammers Bloomberg / How To Get Tax Identification Number (TIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Opinionated: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
One of the biggest news of the weekend was the announcement of a 3-year tax exemption for TSTV by Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture.

This got the TSTV MD/CEO, Bright Echefu, those at the launch and even beyond very excited. However, what many do not know is that there are certain types of business that qualify for the same tax exemption in Nigeria.

Are you wondering what they are? Don’t worry, we have the new list of these businesses in what is called Pioneer Relief which allows you to get 3 years tax exemption and a possible additional 2-year extension making a total of 5 years.

We know, you cannot wait here it is:

The new industries added to the PSI list are as follows:
1. Mining and processing of coal;
2. Processing and preservation of meat/poultry and production of meat/poultry products;
3. Manufacture of starches and starch products;
4. Processing of cocoa;
5. Manufacture of animal feeds;
6. Tanning and dressing of Leather;
7. Manufacture of leather footwear, luggage and handbags;
8. Manufacture of household and personal hygiene paper products;
9. Manufacture of paints, vanishes and printing ink;
10. Manufacture of plastic products (builders’ plastic ware) and moulds;
11. Manufacture of batteries and accumulators;
12. Manufacture of steam generators;
13. Manufacture of railway locomotives, wagons and rolling stock;
14. Manufacture of metal-forming machinery and machine tools;
15. Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy;
16. Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage processing;
17. Manufacture of machinery for textile, apparel and leather production;
18. Manufacture of machinery for paper and paperboard production;
19. Manufacture of plastics and rubber machinery;
20. Waste treatment, disposal and material recovery;
21. E-commerce services;
22. Software development and publishing;
23. Motion picture, video and television programme production, distribution, exhibition and photography;
24. Music production, publishing and distribution;
25. Real estate investment vehicles under the Investments and Securities Act;
26. Mortgage backed securities under the Investments and Securities Act; and
27. Business process outsourcing.

This policy was initially established in the Industrial Development (Income Tax Relief) Act and then reviewed by the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) created additional provisions which took effect on 30th January 2014. This latest list of industries was released by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment on 7th August 2017.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/ultimate-tip-can-get-tax-exemption-like-tstv/

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by obidevine(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lalasticlala please I think this is a very educative and informative post. Please move to front page.

3 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by 9jvirgin(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
It's a lie, wake up from your slumber dude. This guy will pay more dearly than paying Taxes. Nothing is free in a black man's world, certainly not in Nigeria. He will learn his lessons in few years; MAYBE 2019.
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by veekid(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Arrange a babe for Lai Muhammed, the rest na history

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by phameous: 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by colossus91(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
lol i hear
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP why do you have to wait till TSTV got tax exemption before bring this info? We don't utilize opportunities till some persons get it then everyone overcrowds the boat to get it.

34 Likes

Good post, and thanks
good
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
How about frying coconut...does that also get a tax exemption...cos thats what i intend venturing into

13 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ultron12345: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by toyinjimoh(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dstv should park their load as soon as possible the era of exploitation is over

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Danny287(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
ok
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by greatiyk4u(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
CHANGE IS HERE WITH US

Time to stop the complains and take advantage of this great offer that is for reasonable Nigerians with the right entrepreneurial mindset

STOP WISHING/PRAYING FOR IT, WORK 4 IT

1 Like

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Broderick555: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
This one join according to Warri people
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Make dem no kill am like hitv oooo
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by BabyApple(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
This will attract more investors
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by MySay(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
very good initiative
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by scofieldsimba(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Yahoo boys no dey pay tax... grin

12 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by lollypeezle(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Learn to always appreciate good things . And for your info, many things are free in a black man's world
9jvirgin:
It's a lie, wake up from your slumber dude. This guy will pay more dearly than paying Taxes. Nothing is free in a black man's world, certainly not in Nigeria. He will learn his lessons in few years; MAYBE 2019.

8 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by biolashn(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
nice one...pioneer right of election.....3years tstv sha wan crash d whole market.....
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Valjinn(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nice if true
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
ICEFLAME419ja:
Make dem no kill am like hitv oooo

Hitv messed themselves up....by thinking that Nigerians bought cable TV for football.

Then their bouquet was poor.

TSTV appears to have a much better bouquet than hitv.

8 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by PrincessBecks(f): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Way to go
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by PrincessBecks(f): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jvirgin:

You don't say that
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by dhardline(m): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
I believe this will work for only federal tax, cause Lagos State will tax your business, your customers and even the goods you produce.

Lagos and tax are like....
someone please add that picture.

3 Likes

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by ikp120(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Great info mehn!

Time to get some fvcking tax exempt! cool
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by speaktome(m): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Am into Fabrication of Agricultural machines....
Why have they been disturbing me for Tax

shocked shocked shocked

#MySignatureMyBusiness

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by uyisteven(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
PrincessBecks:
Way to go
***** Forgive me but I'm Just Curious Miss.. . Who introduced you to Nairaland
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by uyisteven(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
PrincessBecks:
Way to go

Forgive me but I'm Just Curious Miss..
Who introduced you to Nairaland
Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Iseoluwani: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
I just want to say by the time you finish reading this piece you will discover that I actually took two minutes of your time, so gimme my likew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV by Tonyreal49(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
Una just dey advertise this Tstv like say e go put food for we table kilode

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask Me About World Bank Grant It Real Come In Now / How To Start VTU Business With RAGP COMPANY / Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.