Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? (41812 Views)

K1 Fiance Visa In Manila, Philippines / UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid / Fiance Visa Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by babalase(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
how many months does it take to get a fiance visa from the day of filling, my american wife filled for me last week,just need to know, i learnt it takes many months while some say 3 months, pls let me know if you have an idea.
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Pittbaby(f): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2010
K1 Visa

A K1 Fiancee Visa allows the foreign fiancee of a U.S. Citizen to enter the United States with the intentions of getting married within 90 days of entering the United States. K1 Visas are generally preferred (over the Marriage Visa and k3 spouse visa) as the visa of choice for engaged international couples as they are considered the easiest, quickest, and least expensive route.

K1 Visas generally take between 2-6 months from the time the I-129F Petition is filed at a USCIS Service Center to the day the K1 Visa is issued. First, the Petition is filed with the USCIS. Once approved, the Petition is sent to the overseas embassy for further processing, the fiancee interview and the eventual issuing of the K1 Visa.

http://www.k1-fiancee-visa-law.com/k3-visa/
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by johnkent(m): 5:10am On Mar 08, 2010
Because the petition is approved by USCIS doesn't mean the consular officer in Nigeria will issue the visa. Nigeria has a high rate of K-1 visa refusal because of u know why.
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by agathamari(f): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2010
depends i know one family who got it in 4 months another took nearly 3 years
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Pittbaby(f): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
Please dont let people scare you. The Consulate does not have the authority to withdraw  a petition on they don't just like your face basis , when the USCIS has approved it. They will only withdraw the pettition on the basis of fraud . I.e the relationship can not be proved or documents provided to the consular officer are fraudulent.

My advise is be able to show proof of the relationship . pictures from trips to see each other . if you dont have any , your case go tough o . i will advise postponing the case for sometime and making time to take such trips and pictures ( the biggest proof will be the stamps on your passports)

Phone records to show calls to each other

be able to clearly articulate how you met

original copies of everything requested , if anything needs to be a photocopy have it notarized by a public notary or immigration lawyer in the states.

Most important of all do your research , there are several sites that outline the reasons for denial and FAQs, results from 3 mins of research below

What documents are required for the K1 fiancee interview? What documents are required for the fiancee' K-1 visa interview?

1. Original Appointment Letter
2.DS-156, 2 Each (1 with proof of payment) (with two - 2 X 2 Passport photos)
3. DS-156K, 1 Each
4. DS-157, 2 Each All now replaced by DS-160
5. Birth Certificate from NSO
6. NBI Clearance
7. Certified copies of divorce or annulment documents (if any).
8. I-134 Affidavit of Support
9. Last U.S. Federal Tax Return
10. W-2's
11. Pay Statements
12. Bank Statements
13. Evidence of Genuine Engagement, Photos showing the two of you together, Plane Tickets, letters and correspondence, Receipts of Stay, Phone Bills.
Some common reasons for denial include:

1. Missing documents
2. Incorrect paperwork
3. Insufficient income/savings of the U.S. citizen sponsor
4. A very large age difference between the couple can cause concern. However, there is no specific age limitation. Yes, a beautiful 22 year old Filipina lady really can fall in love with a 55 year old American man. We have seen this happen many times. Filipino woman tend to be less concerned with superficial attributes than American women. Most Filipino woman are looking for a loving and stable man who will treat them well. They are much less concerned with the age of the man and more concerned with the quality of his character.
5. Fiancee can not obtain written consent from the ex-husband for their child to leave the country
6. Poor English skills of fiancee
7. Couple hasn’t spent enough time together in person
8. Couple lacks sufficient evidence of recent day-to-day contact
9. Fiancee interviews poorly and the consul doubts that there is a bona fide relationship with the U.S. citizen
10. Fiancee has relatives or friends in the U.S. who seem to be taking too large a role in match-making
11. Fiancee was previously in the U.S. and overstayed the visa
12. The U.S. citizen has previously sponsored a foreign national for a green card and the U.S. citizen can not prove that the foreign citizen maintained lawful status
13. Fiancee has a criminal record
14. Fiancee has a serious, contagious illness (such as AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.)
15. Fiancee commits a misrepresentation during the interview (or so it seems to the interviewing officer)
16. Petition includes a document that is deemed to be fraudulent

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/kvisa/sample-interview-questions.html
Link for frequently asked questions

goodluck  smiley

2 Likes

Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by babalase(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
pittybabby,johnkent,agathamary, u guys are the best,thank you so much,God will be with you, i love u alll.

1 Like

Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Vicjustice: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
babalase:

how many months does it take to get a fiance visa from the day of filling, my american wife filled for me last week,just need to know, i learnt it takes many months while some say 3 months, pls let me know if you have an idea.
   I know it is frustrating to hear the reality, but you need to know it.
  Officially, the waiting period before a decision is reached depends on a lot of factors relating to the circumstances of the American citizen, and then that of the spouse ie, if there is a compelling reason for urgency that requires the (American) spouse to be united with her husband or his wife, then, the embassy can reach a decision as after 4 months time, in other cases, it might take up to 21 months period: therefore, the official time frame for a spousal visa to the United states is between 4 and 21 months.
  Bear in mind that more than 90% of spouse visa applicants get their decisions within the last 3 months of the time frame. which means, you'd be looking forward for a decision after 18 months of waiting: and yet, the age long waiting does not guarantee you the visa.
 This is a delay tactic that has proven to be effective in the Homeland Security method of testing marriages as most bogus ones don't usually survive such tests.
*Your wife must be in full time employment
*Must be residing in a property that can accommodate you (and her dependants if any)
*Must have adequate savings to sustain you for a considerable period of time
*Must not be a questionable character
*Must have evidence of regular correspondence with you
*Must have adequate knowledge of you and about you*
*Above all, both of you must apply wisdom with understanding to immigration rules.
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Pittbaby(f): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
therefore, the official time frame for a spousal visa to the United states is between 4 and 21 months.

The time frame you have stated is what i saw for the K3 visa which is the Marriage visa . The official time frame for the K-1 which is the fiancee visa is 2-6 months . I may be wrong just wanted to make sure there is no confusion in the difference b/w K-1 and K-3

1 Like

Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Vicjustice: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
Pittbaby:

The time frame you have stated is what i saw for the K3 visa which is the Marriage visa . The official time frame for the K-1 which is the fiancee visa is 2-6 months . I may be wrong just wanted to make sure there is no confusion in the difference b/w K-1 and K-3
Oh, i thought the guy was talking about a spouse visa, i just learnt he meant Fiance visa
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by agathamari(f): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
alot of people i know who married foreigner use the fiance visa even after they are married because it is less complicated
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by babalase(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
Once again God will be with you all,you"ve ligtheninged my spirit,we have more that enough evidences,its not an arrangeee,we just returned from dubai trip,we have over 300 pictures and she is a nurse her after tax is $4,000 but i dont think she has savings,i will tell her to start saving now,thanks a lot more advice is welcomed.
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Pittbaby(f): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
its good to save , but they will be more interested in constant income and that she has a residence to house you.

good luck and stay blessed
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by babalase(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2010
thank you so much PITTYBABY for your concern,she bought a house some months back and her after tax monthly salary is $4,000,i think that is enough
i will keep everybody posted,once again i appreciate ur concern.
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2012
My fiance just filed for me, am currently un employed, does that affect my chances,He used the address of my previous job and I don't even have emploment letter there
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by Neldre(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
As a Permanent Resident, can I use the fiance visa for my gf?
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by 19naia(m): 4:21am On Apr 04, 2015
The income requirement to sponsor a fiancee is not a standard amount.. It depends on the state she resides.. Some states are very cheap to live in and the minimum income required for the visa, will be less than $2000 a month.. $3000 a month is an ok minimum for any state,in the US.. So you are good with her $4000..
4 months is the usual time from start to finish and it can take longer only under delays on your part or if the waiting list at immigration services is too long...
Its quicker to do fiancee visa than it is to marry and then apply visa afterwards.. Thats when it can take up to two years...

You will have 90 days on an issued fiancee visa.. You must marry before those 90 days expire, and then apply for a green card for permanent residency.. Green card application cost $1000 and maybe a little more for small things like copies and miscellaneous...

Its easy to get if you have no bad record, pass the required medical exam and have a genuine relationship with good knowledge of each other...
Remember, she has no savings, so how will she show the funds to buy your ticket, pay the entire cost from application to visa issuance and then pay the $1000 green gard after marriage expense..
How will all this be paid? It can reach $5000 or more from start to finish with green card in hand.. Do you have some money saved to add?
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by 19naia(m): 4:29am On Apr 04, 2015
Neldre:
As a Permanent Resident, can I use the fiance visa for my gf?

I am doubting about fiancee for non citizens.. But i know you can marry her in her country and apply for her as a spouse, if you meet the requirements such as income and good standing under your resident status.. If you are a resident under a previous marriage, then there may be complications to your current residency status when you present your interest to immigration services...
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by seyimuyide(m): 6:02am On Mar 30, 2019
I have black America we started dating last , we have seen each other last year and now she's coming to next two months and we want to get married in Nigeria, I want to ask how many months it take for k3 in Nigeria 2019
Re: America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? by seyimuyide(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2019
We started dating last year* it's necessary to do wedding at ikoyi registry or we can do it In anywhere?

(1) (Reply)

Ikeja Bus Terminal That Was Commissioned Has Not Been Completed. See Why (PHOTO) / Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae / Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.