Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video (17535 Views)

I Never Sign A Label Deal With Kizz Daniel - Demmie Vee Apologies to Kizz Daniel / Demmie Vee To Kizz Daniel: You Are A Traitor, Collected My N15 Million To Boost / Kizz Daniel Goes With SARS Operatives To Arrest Demmie Vee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Franco2017(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
h
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by YINKS89(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dis one weak mi.
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Iyajelili(f): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

Or even OGtv
Stop please else i'll pee on my pant......at least LTV and galaxy dey Gotv and Dstv
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Iyajelili:

Hehen now,so the long rant na becos of rejection of a W-list artiste

Before nko abi you no want make owomabo sleepless night on computer yield dividend in another way grin
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Iyajelili:

Stop please else i'll pee on my pant......at least LTV and galaxy dey Gotv and Dstv

Seriously Ogun State Television (OGtv) would be extremly glad to air his music
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Iyajelili(f): 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

Before nko abi you no want make owomabo sleepless night on computer yield dividend in another way grin
Lets stop because he may be reading and then drink sniper.......i no dey o
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by joystickextend1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Okay
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Iyajelili:

Lets stop because he may be reading and then drink sniper.......i no dey o

Hehehe...ok lets pity him since his not lousy like seyi law
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by ologuntheo(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
tor ....
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Iyajelili(f): 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

Hehehe...ok lets pity him since his not lousy like seyi law
Babatiwa of Nigeria 1
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by charlsecy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
kingkardesh17:
I prefer hip tv to soundcity the only thing that makes me watch soundcity is because of thier uncensored videos.
SoundCity has better audio quality. MTVBase audio quality is wack. HIPtv has a better audio quality than MTVBase.

What do you mean by "uncensored?"
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by TheMainMan: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
charlsecy:
SoundCity has better audio quality. MTVBase audio quality is wack. HIPtv has a better audio quality than MTVBase.

What do you mean by "uncensored?"
... uncensored meams they dont censored their videos... they show everything as it is

as per video and audio quality... i think mtvbase beats the two
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
Baba never grease palms lol
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by MaestroID(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Iyajelili:
See rejection and painment. Bro please try galaxy or LTV

Madam those stations dont Have good network coverage... And Very Few watch's such local stations...
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by kingkardesh17(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=charlsecy post=61076343]they dont cover the explicit content in music vids e.g butts\boob u understand na.
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by iAlpha: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lol!!! Refusing artists because Why? I dont understand. Some say it's not by force. It's true though but Its It's not the force or no force. It's the reason for not wanting to do it. Is it genuine or not? Does your reason make what you're doing right? Just check!!
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Divay22(f): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
And they wee be playing TI na na my body everytime grin grin grin..
But the music is cool, they just don't want to play it..
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Badonasty(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Towncrier247:
Chairman of Hope Never Die (HND) record, Owomabo has taken to his Instagram page to rant about how some members of the Nigerian media, particularly Soundcity have been frustrating effort of artistes in the country.

According to further findings following the reports, it was gathered that Owomabo’s rant was brought about by the refusal of Soundcity to play the latest video by his artiste, Demmie Vee.

The high definition video titled “Love Me Tender” Remix featuring 9ice and shot by respected director, Adasa Cookey was released few days ago and while other stations like HipTV, Planet TV, Trace Naija among others have continued to rotate it, while Soundcity has refused to do so.

We further gathered that Owomabo had sent the video to them for more than a week now only for one Olamide Adedeji, the General Manager of the station to tell him he has disapproved the video.

As if that was not enough, it was revealed that the station has particularly never played any video from Demmie Vee sent to them in the past, including “Awesome God” featuring Tubaba, despite these videos being of international standard.

"Technology and social media have brought power back to the people.This quote is only applicable to civilized nations.Thank God Instagram,twitter, whatsapp,Google, Facebook aren’t owned by Nigerians.These platforms are the highest platforms that has the highest coverage and reach. Why are Nigerians enemy to themselves? Why does everything that works well with people from other countries doesn’t work well with Nigerians" Owomabo fumed.

The music entrepreneur continued; “what do you think if these platforms were owned by Nigerians ? Am sure corruption will have set in and most of the things revealed on this platforms won’t be allowed to be posted. If you find yourself heading any media position in Nigeria and you are using this position against the masses may Ogun, Sango,and all other gods of the land kill you. This is the only power we have to talk to our government. But this power again is being privatised by some fools. Yes there are few good ones among them. You will disapprove videos that needed to be aired for the benefit of the masses all because of your selfish interest. If any artist sings about the hardship and corruption in the country, that song won’t be approved. Why won’t all our artists sing about ladies, who ever controlled ols the media, controls the mind. “The media is the right arm of Anarchy. This is the only power for the masses. Don’t keep mute about this. Let all artist/label owners unite and plug out this heartless fools who turn themselves to gods. Dont let them keep controlling our minds.”

Recall that this is not the first time artistes have called out Sound City, some years back musical duo Psquare went on a massive rant against the musical station for similar reasons, when the duo accused them of playing politics with artistes’ careers.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/owomabo-slams-sound-city-rejecting-artistes-new-video/

Na by force
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Is that not Terry G in the first picture
grin
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by cho25bc(f): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ehya,I can feel d guy's pain.But Soundcity knows best.

Meanwhile, if u want extra income,pm me and check my signature for details
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by free2ryhme: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
HerXLNC:
Like if you think this is publicity stunt to trend the video cheesy share if you disagree

foolishness has a second name
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by nextstep(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Soundcity is a private organization. They have the right to play what they want, and refuse what they want. Since when does a business have to do business with somebody if they don't want? Haba Owomabo, here are several seats... take one, here's a straw, here's a fanta. Chillax. cool
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by franzis(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
soberdrunk:
The gbagauns in that 'letter 2' can wound someone physically...... angry
I hope you have more money in your bank account than he is got
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by soberdrunk(m): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
franzis:
I hope you have more money in your bank account than he is got

......more money in your bank account than "he has". No i don't reckon i do but i dare say i have a better command of English than both of you......
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by charlsecy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
TheMainMan:
...as per video and audio quality... i think mtvbase beats the two
MTVBase may be of higher grade in terms of coverage, latest acts, and awards, but as seen on GOtv and StarTimes, MTVBase has lesser quality audio-wise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by franzis(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=soberdrunk post=61079171]

......more money in your bank account than "he has". No i don't reckon i do but i dare say i have a better command of English than both of you...invest on that your better command of English so that ur bank account can be reckoned with
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by soberdrunk(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=franzis post=61079429][/quote]

I will take this under advisement.....
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by fiftynaira(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
9jvirgin:
Wait for your time bro. Successful people like me were rejected, But now I get calls from everywhere. Relax, it will come.

Oga who u be?
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Iyajelili(f): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
MaestroID:

Madam those stations dont Have good network coverage... And Very Few watch's such local stations...

That's the essence of my post
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by MaestroID(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Iyajelili:
That's the essence of my post

Then you don't want his progress
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by Iyajelili(f): 6:14am On Oct 04, 2017
MaestroID:

Then you don't want his progress
He should stop ranting,life is not fair
Re: Owomabo Slams Soundcity For Rejecting Demmie Vee's Video by MaestroID(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2017
Iyajelili:
He should stop ranting,life is not fair

True... I rest My case..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda Outfit To Tinsel 1000 celebration / Rechael Okonkwo Realeses 31st Pre-birthday Photos / Kate Henshaw Shares Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.