Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,924 members, 7,956,472 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now (2009 Views)

NPA's Claim For Shutting Down BUA Terminal Busted - Politics Nigeria (Photos) / See The Cost Of Shutting Down The Internet Per Day (A Must Read) / Dambazau Visits Scene Of January 1 Rivers Killings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now by teexlcusive(m): 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
In 2015 For reasons Best known to NOkia Mail and Nokia Chat , they decided to shut down their services
with bunch of apologies to their clients. And now its time for Naij Mail.

Naij Mail Accessible at
mm.naij.com is a mailing service powered by Naij.com that allows users to send and receive email Messages just like Yahoo mail, Gmail and other Email Servers

Few Days ago i Logged in to check my Email messages as usual having been one of their client for some years now because of the flexibility of NaijMail, It was so surprising and hearth touching to see a Notice Message boldly displayed on their Dashboard

[img]http://2.bp..com/-rbEDCpT7b8Y/WdK-UWfojEI/AAAAAAAAD6c/k3LtS0hJnegv-sV8dCNUs1HJOhjPLJcBgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/tmp-cam--863277968.jpg[/img]

As You can See , the important Notice was stated that Naij Mail is going to be shut down January 1 2018. The reason for the quick notice is to prepare their clients for any backup they have to make it time.

If you are using NaijMail , having gotten this information , this is the best time to go and backup any message you have saved as draft or any important message you have in your inbox because after the shut down , you will have you no access to any more data stored in Your email Address as far As Naij is concerned.

So does it mean you can no longer send and receive email messages?
Sure and very sure i repeat. You can still send and receive email Messages using other email services just as we have many naij Mail alternatives
Re: SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
I never even knew they had a mail service. I don't understand why online companies still bother to have an email application, when they can't obviously compete with GMAIL and Yahoo.

2 Likes

Re: SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now by Lovetinz(m): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
They bit more than they could chew!
(Dies anyone here remember when they came online and nairaland"s traffic was being diverted to them?)
Re: SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Afam4eva:
I never even knew they had a mail service. I don't understand why online companies still bother to have an email application, when they can't obviously compete with GMAIL and Yahoo.
If Google thought of competition, you will never have Gmail. If the iPhone thought of the competition from Nokia, you won't have had the joys of enjoying one of the greatest technological innovation the iPhone. Point is you can enter into a saturated market but with a new innovation you will beat and surpass your competitors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Headline, When Atiku Defected From PDP To APC / Gani Fawehinmi's Letter Rejecting National Award- Throwback / Top APC Member Joe Igbokwe Reacts 2 Herdsmen Killing In Palateau.See Reactions(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.