Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,922 members, 7,866,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu (682 Views)

Eneh Victor Chigozie Arrested For Criticising Chinedu Obidigwe. Photos / Chinedu Eya: I Will Sell My N53m House To Purchase Ambode’s PDP Form / 2 People Shot Dead By Soldiers In Aba this morning [VIDEO/PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by NwaforIgbo: 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
As a result of the negative story being circulated all over the internet about Aba, 80% of people who reads this caption “Aba: This is my story” would hastily assume I would start rolling out and repeating the negative details circulated all over the internet about Aba, most people would assume I would say “the City is the dirtiest city ever”, some would assume I would declare it a “den of thieves”, most would think I would opine that it is the “most insecure place to live”,

But what say I?

Aba like every other city has it’s peculiar challenges, this is not only peculiar to Aba, in Aba the most pressing challenge may appear to be bad roads, while in Port Harcourt the major challenge may appear to be cultism, hooliganism and vandalism, Lagos, Abuja, Uyo are not also left behind in the rhetoric. Every city has its own peculiar challenges, but that is not what I choose to write about Aba, I am not writing about the challenges, but the strength, I choose to write the unsounded story of Aba, rather than magnify the repulsive, I choose to glorify its beauty. Rather than publicize its negative, I rather advertize its positive. I choose to talk about the #InsideAba, the “Aba” you don’t see while passing.

THIS IS MY STORY:
It was on Wednesday 20th of September, 2017 when I was asked to come to Abia State (Ihie Junction precisely) by one Chinese Company by the name “Xiang Jie Company” a waste recycling company. I had applied for the job via phone, and I was asked to come and submit my application on Saturday being 23rd of September, 2017 for processing and Interview. So I decided that I would be travelling to Abia State on Saturday. On reaching the company, I was told that the Manager was not around, that I should return by 4:00pm in the evening. So I left the company……………………………………… (This is About Aba)

The Aba Story
So I left the company and decided to take a trip to Aba since I was close by. I stood by the side of the well-tarred road before “Ihie junction” waiting for a vehicle to pass through my path, many vehicles had passed but most were not commercial buses, some were, but was filled up, others were trucks and motorcycles. So I patiently waited for about 15 minutes before I sighted an incoming vehicle, a commercial bus with an available space, I signaled the vehicle, it stopped, it was en-route to Aba, informing the driver of my intention to journey with them to Aba, the conductor (a kind of driver’s assistant) alighted from the vehicle and we bargained on the fare, he said N200.00 but I insisted on N150.00, at the end of it all, the conductor yielded to my submission and asked me to “Baata”, that is “Enter”.
Still inside the vehicle, we passed through many road blocks and checkpoints with police and army on different locations, seemingly looking for illegalities, seemingly conducting searches, but I rarely see them do so, rather they umpteen stretch out their hands towards the driver’s seat and say the following phrase in pidgin..................
follow the link to continue readig
http://www.abacityblog.com/2017/10/inside-aba-this-is-my-story-by-chizobem.html?m=1
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by Ezionye(f): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
La click la....
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by eagleeye2: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezionye:
La click la....
grin La bend... ara ga agba ndi ara
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by eagleeye2: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezionye:
La click la....
grin La bend... ara ga agba ndi ara
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezionye:
La click la....

bend
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by NwaforIgbo: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:

bend

Don't Understand how you an Igbo would say such thing. I don't just get it.
Re: Inside Aba: This Is My Story - Chizobem Chikwere Chinedu by NwaforIgbo: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
I was a victim of skewed Aba narrative. When i visited the place myself, i understood that it was not bad as portrayed.

(1) (Reply)

Petroleum Minister Alerts President Buhari Of Multi-billion Naira NNPC Scandal / Owerri: Gov. Okorocha Wakes Imo people With Surprise, Bans Keke In Owerri city / This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.