Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. (28964 Views)

How Much Is Printing, Photocopying, Typing Etal. In Your Area. / Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt / Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Izonpikin: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2017
Been a while we heard from Aunty kemi.. She's as powerless as a new born baby.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2017
Omo, Oga ooo. Anyway.

Visit: www.creativestudioone.com
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2017
Tekecoms1:
Before nkor? What's the work of CBN before if they can't print money? Print more money jorz.

you want a gigantic inflation to happen ba?

printing money was what put Zimbabwe dollar in the mess it is in today. apparently robert mogabe thought that he could print more money to pay off the country's debt, the result?; the price of milk for example tripled every 24 hours..

buhari administration would put the country in shambles if reelected in 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Timfreds(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2017
Buhari is riding this nigeria train to catastrophic destination. When he's out it's then we'll know the extent of the destruction.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Apina(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2017
Buhari is the best thing to ever happen to us in the worst possible way undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Obaf1(m): 11:16am On Oct 04, 2017
Hardship everywere and baba(FG) is nt helping matter atall, how did we get here?
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by onatisi(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2017
Princewilla:

Here we are.

by the time they increase fuel price , everyone's brain go reset properly

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by peacemara54(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2017
check my signature
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by sekem: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2017
maxiuc:
>: angry angry angry sad angry angry

Those zombies will avoid this now

I don't care who wins in 2019 as far this mistake buhari will be kicked out is OK for me

Nigeria is now a World Cup trophy

We have to wait 4yrs to decide who wins

With this mentality, you're even worse than the so called zombies angry
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Assassin101: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2017
why cant we just start printing dollars
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Maski87: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2017
Everybody prints money USA,North Korea, idi,amin,Mugabe, davido(30 billion)E money,myself.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Venica(f): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2017
weep not nigerians,for the Egyptians you see today (APC ), you shall see them no more . (comes 2019)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by cstr1000: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2017
Maski87:
Everybody prints money USA,North Korea, idi,amin,Mugabe, davido(30 billion)E money,myself.
The US dollar is used in global international transactions. Even then they can print with a limit.
The rest are shitt-holes.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by DJperdurabo: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
[quote author=Maski87 post=61095792]Everybody prints money USA,North Korea, idi,amin,Mugabe, davido(30 billion)E money,myself.[/quot

If it cost you N10 to print N1, and you have a debt of N1m to settle. Do you think you're being wise by deciding to print N1m to settle your debt?

I'm sure you now get the picture. Also remember that this is just a part of the picture when it comes to printing money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by colli247(m): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
sunnyb0b0:
The mess that Buhari will leave will take more than two decades to clear.

Just to tip you guys off, total earnings for the first half of this year is less than what was used to service debt ie Nigeria borrowed to service debt.

My Afon** girlfriend would say "O pari"
U SAY TWO DECADE FIVE JAREE
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Chrisjordan2015(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
Gentlemen, we should be looking at the next eligible candidate come 2019. Cheerio!
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Donsammi(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
lurther:
So they have now put Unity Bank , the only Northern bank in Central bank of Nigeria"s Premises.

The current Central Bank picture i am seeing there now have Unity bank with them unlike before. Buhari is a tribalist walahi.How can a whole Nigeria Central Bank give Unity Bank a space in its premises. Is the Central Bank Of Nigeria not a Nigerian bank again. Even Abacha as bad as he was, wasn't so mean and tribalistic like this Buhari.

My problem isn't Buhari himself, because that one can never change. My problem are his supporters from the south who have refused to understand Buhari himself.

bross
it's a signboard ooh.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by newslifeop: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by 989900: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Let me do my research . . . undecided
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by ozoemenaca: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
They should keep deceiving themselves, and their gullible followers
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by chiteny(m): 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
shortgun:
This is worse than corruption..... very soon we will start buying a loaf of bread for N5,000 if Buhari is allowed to continue after 2019.

Gentle man this is not about politics or political parties. It cuts across all government, both present and the one to come. It's a system thing that needs to be corrected.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
lurther:
So they have now put Unity Bank , the only Northern bank in Central bank of Nigeria"s Premises.

The current Central Bank picture i am seeing there now have Unity bank with them unlike before. Buhari is a tribalist walahi.How can a whole Nigeria Central Bank give Unity Bank a space in its premises. Is the Central Bank Of Nigeria not a Nigerian bank again. Even Abacha as bad as he was, wasn't so mean and tribalistic like this Buhari.

My problem isn't Buhari himself, because that one can never change. My problem are his supporters from the south who have refused to understand Buhari himself.

Unity Bank stopped being a northern bank years ago. Last time I checked it was majority-owned by south-southerners;the Trade Union Congress was bidding for controlling stake about 18 months ago, and asking for members to contribute (scam) Easy on the bile my good friend.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by AuroraB(f): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
Tekecoms1:
Before nkor? What's the work of CBN before if they can't print money? Print more money jorz.
Smh embarassed
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by slowice(m): 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
The painful part is that they are using money belonging to other institutions in the TSA to borrow to the government as if they own it.... If this isn't corruption then am confuse undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
shortgun:
This is worse than corruption..... very soon we will start buying a loaf of bread for N5,000 if Buhari is allowed to continue after 2019.

It is actually treason and high order economic sabotage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by plaetton: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
shortgun:

That's what happens when you put a herdsman as president.

It is simply amazing, laughable, but not shocking, because I kinda predicted it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3130801/tsa-how-buhari-nuked-nigerian

Future students of economics all over the world will use this as a case study , and marvel at the sheer stupidity of deliberately throwing a nuclear bomb at your economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by IBBG(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The greatest heist in Nigeria's history s currently taking place under this administration.
Many people don't understand economics so they can't appreciate the massive loot that is taking place.

Let me simplify whaat this article has said with a simple narrative.

Basically, the FG printing money from the CBN just like in the days of Abacha. But its criminal to do that, so they found a way around it.
The TSA account does belong to the FG. It belongs to all parastatals and institutions under the FG's purview. It's just simply a central account for the purposes of transperency and control.

What's happening is that FG is now using the TSA account as collateral to get the CBN to print money for it. To understand this, imagine for a moment that the TSA is like an OSUSU account where a group of people come together to save their money. The person that is saddled with the responsibility of managing the funds, chooses to use the money as collateral to obtain a loan for himself. This is absolutely criminal.

There many questions that prove the heist that is ongoing.

1)Subsidy savings: Where is all the money that has been saved from the scrapping of subsidy. I'm talking trillions here. No account of whats happening with all that savings. The previous government implemented Sure-P and gave regular updates of the savings they reieved from the price increase. In my estimations, over the last 2 years, there have been over 2 Trillion Naira in subsidy savings. Where is all that mone??

Massive increase in debts both local and foreign: Have you seen the spike in Nigeria's debt profile in the last 2 years?? We have borrowed over 8 Trillion Naira in the last 2 years. Jonathan left 12 Trillion in debts. It is now over 20 Trillion. What did they do with 8 Trillion. If we spend just 1 trillion naira on infrastructure, we would have smooth roads across the country. Lekki Epe expressway was ridiculously expensive at 1 Billion Naira per km. If we use that as a benchmark, I trillion Naira would build 1000km of superb expressway. That is the distance between Lagos to Kaduna of six lane expressway. And I'm talking of just 1 Trillion. Not 8 Trillion. Its just sad!!

The list is endless!! It is trhe greatest heist the nation has ever seen. But we would just look the other way since we are all too dull to comprehend.
God bless u sir for this apt analysis. This govt is just enslaving our future generation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
no wonder. li talk am. .each time I will hear CBN pump dollars, dollars, dollars, to stabilize dollar exchange rates or maintain the economy. .it's just so unfortunate that things are bad in this counntry. .
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by ivandragon: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
tip of the iceberg...
mass retrenchment in PS looming...
you all wanted change, here you have it...
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by czaratwork: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
idi amin at work.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by refreshrate: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sai Baba!

Dragon glass fall on you.
Re: Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Tekecoms1:
Then be ready to guy a loaf of bread for one million naira. It's called hyperinflation, and this happens when a country prints excess money to fund its budget instead of trading internationally, tax etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commercial Banks To Set Naira Rate On Monday Without CBN Intervention / Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank / Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.