Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (22505 Views)

How Fast Is Your Internet? / How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Olarababy(f): 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
The problem is not from glo. Its google is probably doing it. Anysite that is not running https will now open. I istalled https on my site and its started opening.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by iliyande(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
But I opened all the major browsers u listed above now with glo without any problem, as a matter of fact, I am using UC browser to surf NL now and still no problem. Your location might be the fault, to be frank with you Op I've been using GLO to surf net for close to a year now and I'm enjoying it. Even watching live matches on mobdro or streaming video online without any hitch

They are right bro. I encountered similar issue sometimes back but after several complaints to their cc, it was fixed.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2017
iliyande:

They are right bro. I encountered similar issue sometimes back but after several complaints to their cc, it was fixed.
I've not encountered such for now, makai just dey look wink
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by openmine(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
OP I had d same issue....I cud not load sum nairaland threads...but I think I know where the issue is....

If u r using a fone,
go to ur settings....
...click to ur network settings...
...get to 'access point names' or APN,
change from 'gloflat' to 'glosecure'....

if u are using a system,and the settings is gloflat,create another 'access point name' and copy all d glosecure settings from ur fone...

hope it helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by eneruvie05(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Codedrock:
I am sure i am not the only one that have noticed glo internet has not been opening sevral web pages since earlier this year, before, the problem was that glo fails to load some pages on some sites, but now it has gotten worse, glo internet have stopped loading a lot of websites from the last five days, glo is not opening any blog under google's "blogger platform", popular blog sites and websites i use have stopped loading while using glo internet but when you use other networks or other internet providers those sites load as fast as possible. I am not the only one having this problem it is all glo users and glo has done nothing to stop it for almost 6days now..

Affected browsers are majorly: Google Chrome, Mozilla firefox, uc browser and every major web browser.. except operamini.. glo check this out and fix!!

I'm a blogger and i use google's , my visitors have decreased since the last 6days.. if you are a webmaters or blogger checkout what i am saying.. i think its time we all call them out on social media and force them to fix this..

With their large user base of internet users in nigeria right now they shouldn't be messing up like this.. this is too much a big error.

oga Lalasticlala lets get this to them!!
you too like awuf,go and buy Airtel or mtn
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by bizhop01: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
Glo no go here you, the are busy packing ambassador in ghana must go bag,
the forget to improve their yeye network,the network can only compete for top three most poorest internet network in africa,
in my area their internet connection can shutdown for days in a city.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by donqx: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
glo is a useless network. each time I visit some locations especially lotto redeem area.glo doesn't seems to have regularly 3G. only edge.that snail service
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by reumat(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Dis pple are messing us up, u will buy data day will still restrict d data again, wat nonsense!! undecided u don't have benefit of wat u pay for, dis is just rubbery!!!
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by OmichaelO: 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
Codedrock:

not nairaland open takemetonaija.com or ogbongeblog.com

The problem is not an all site issue it is some sites mostly blogger sites
Try to open those sites on other networks with Chrome you will see they will load
I'm using glo

Takemetonaija on chrome

1 Like

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by fuwatayo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
You might not believe me, Glo is really trying for us in this country. The issue with them is they hv so many people on their 3G network but few people on their 4G network which is super-fast. I will advice u guys to upgrade ur SIM to a 4G SIM then ur conception to Glo will change. That is d truth
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by noona(f): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
I'm actually experiencing it also.. I don't know what's up with glo.. I can't even browse on opera mini or cm browser, it's so annoying and it's only nairaland that's functional right now..
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by fuwatayo(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
noona:
I'm actually experiencing it also.. I don't know what's up with glo.. I can't even browse on opera mini or cm browser, it's so annoying and it's only nairaland that's functional right now..
Do u use 4G enabled phone?
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by noona(f): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
fuwatayo:
Do u use 4G enabled phone?
No,it's just 3G..
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by litaninja(m): 5:25am On Oct 12, 2017
The real problem here is that you use glo....
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Olyscool: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2017
I wonder how a network can b dis bad......
And NCC can not say anything about it....
Even there so called 4G network can not work on all 4G enabled phone
and u even have to change ur sim huh...
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by hyfr(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2017
Oga my close works very very well. Try accessing those sites with LTE.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by hyfr(m): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2017
fuwatayo:
You might not believe me, Glo is really trying for us in this country. The issue with them is they hv so many people on their 3G network but few people on their 4G network which is super-fast. I will advice u guys to upgrade ur SIM to a 4G SIM then ur conception to Glo will change. That is d truth
their 4G on my iPhone is like Usain bolt
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by bongolistik(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2017
Now let me explain the issue here for all. The OP is very right to start with. The issue started almost 2 weeks ago as you cannot access certain sites with glo especially bloggers blog. When the issue started mobile Chrome, mobile Mozilla, mobile Opera cannot access those sites, only opera mini and ucbrowser for mobile can access all sites with glo for even UC desktop and all other desktop browsers cannot access those sites on Nigerian IP, except you use VPN

We tabled the matter to glo day before yesterday, they told us that they are not aware but assured us that it will be fixed within 48hrs. We even supplied them about 5 sites sample that were affected

Yesterday Glo sent us message that they have fixed it, but we noticed that after the message came in, those sites also started opening on Chrome for mobile but not still opening on Mozilla for mobile and all other desktop browsers including Chrome desktop browsers.

Till this very moment those sites are not still opening on all desktop browsers with glo network, but only opening now on mobile Chrome, mobile ucbrowser and Opera mini, but not on mobile Mozilla

Highteknology blog even carried the news

http://highteknology.com/2017/10/glo-subscribers-groan-as-unable-to.html

1 Like

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by maisauki: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2017
lorhema:

These creatures will get to their destinations. Not GLO. I was in Jos and even making calls was a problem. In Abuja now and can't surf or make/receive calls. I'm prepared to porte as soon as I get the details of what to do.
you no get joy oo, see how you finish glo...well na dem finish diasef with yeye network
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Reeberry: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
hyfr:
their 4G on my iPhone is like Usain bolt
It is slow then.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by TechZiga: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
I have a 4G sim card the problem is the same. We know they are trying but this is a problem they need to fix.
fuwatayo:
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by hyfr(m): 2:05am On Oct 13, 2017
Reeberry:
It is slow then.
lol, it's good but depends on the location. when I go home, I switch to airtel
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Reeberry: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2017
hyfr:
lol, it's good but depends on the location. when I go home, I switch to airtel
How could you use Usain Bolt for being fast as a network? When you can mention as lot of things, or let's make it more natural speed like Cheetah, Swift, Sail Fish, Golden Eagle, Perrigerin Falcon and many more..........
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by hyfr(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Reeberry:
How could you use Usain Bolt for being fast as a network? When you can mention as lot of things, or let's make it more natural speed like Cheetah, Swift, Sail Fish, Golden Eagle, Perrigerin Falcon and many more..........
it's a common exaggeration we all know and u got my information, so what else?
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Reeberry: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
hyfr:
it's a common exaggeration we all know and u got my information, so what else?
OK!
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by chygoz3(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
I think glo has a problem with their DNS servers. If you are using a computer, try changing your DNS servers to use Google DNS. I.P addresses are 8.8.8.8 for preferred and 8.8.4.4 for alternate.
If not known, check how to change DNS servers on Google.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Dclique(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2017
The solution to this is to enable https (SSL) on your blogger custom domain.

This is very technical and blogger is yet to provide a solution. However they are other ways to do this if you don't want to wait for Blogger.

But Glo should really do somethng about this. why are they the only ISP being affected. smh

1 Like

Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by buskie13(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
I need lodge a complain,what glo did to me yesterday I've not experienced that my whole life, 2 days ago I subscribed for the 3.2gig auto renewal plan,I didn't even spend up to 2 hours browsing that day because I was so occupied, I slept off only to wake up the next to see that all my data is gone,I was sharing data with my roommate before, but as it stands now,my roommate no longer have a phone that has access to the internet, I complained but I got no response, now I went ahead to buy another data,why is glo wicked?
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by TechZiga: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
You are right that is what I did after I notice the problem was not going away. Enabling SSL (https) will help to solve the problem. You can check new my site https://techchairman.com/ is working fine.
Dclique:
The solution to this is to enable https (SSL) on your blogger custom domain.

This is very technical and blogger is yet to provide a solution. However they are other ways to do this if you don't want to wait for Blogger.

But Glo should really do somethng about this. why are they the only ISP being affected. smh
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Dclique(m): 1:03am On Jan 03, 2018
This problem still hasnt been resolved. Glo really needs to do something about this. Its annoying.
Re: Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? by Coldfeets: 7:47am On Jan 24, 2018
Olarababy:
The problem is not from glo. Its google is probably doing it. Anysite that is not running https will now open. I istalled https on my site and its started opening.

Please, how did you install https on your blog?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Camon CX Limited Edition Launch (Photos) / Why Some Tecno Phones Come With A Free Powerbank / Do You Still Remember Xtracool?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.