Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties (18818 Views)

My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Islie: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

T he late Gabriel Okwukogwu may not be resting in peace in his grave after all, as he was said to have attracted the anger of his first son, simply known as Emmy for sharing his properties among his seven children including the four women in Anambra State.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that an infuriated Emmy reportedly went to his father’s grave to tell him that he will not comply with the will he prepared when he was alive. The family is from Orlu in Imo State but stays at G.M.O Road in Ogbaru area of Onitsha metropolitan city in Anambra.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that Emmy who resides in Lagos returned after the death and burial of his late father. After the burial the late father’s lawyer called the members of the family, presented their late father’s will and read it to the children for implementation.

However, trouble was said to have started after the counsel got through reading the will and Emmy discovered that their late father shared his properties to his children including the women among them.

It was gathered that the late Okwukogu had properties both in Onitsha and Owerri which he shared equally among the children not minding the gender status. P.M.EXPRESS gathered that when the lawyer finished reading the will to the children, Emmy got angry and declared that the will did not come from their father because he really understood the culture and tradition as observed in Igbo land.

It was gathered that the culture did not recognise women because it was expected that they will get married to their husbands and therefore were not entitled to inherit any property from their family. Thus Emmy insisted that the culture and tradition will be applied in the sharing of the properties.

An infuriated Emmy reportedly left the meeting and headed to their family house in Orlu, went to his father’s grave and protested; that he will not comply with his purported will because he did not comply with the laid down customs and tradition in the land.

It was gathered that Emmy’s decision to reject the will was causing serious problem in the family as the women in question threatened to fight for their rights as contained in the will rejected by their eldest brother.

When P.M.EXPRESS spoke to some Igbo leaders concerning the incident, some spoke against the sharing and declared that Emmy was right because women werr not entitled to inherit family properties according to tradition. Others said that it was the old practice and the properties in question were not family houses which the women will never inherit according to tradition.

It was however not certain how the matter will be resolved because the will was regarded as a valid document that must be complied with despite any perceived defects.

http://pmexpressng.com/man-takes-fight-fathers-grave-sharing-properties/

lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by samuelson06(m): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
I think most articles from this blog are a product of their imaginations. Beer parlor gist all the time.

22 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by eyinjuege: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
A man can will his property to anyone he wishes to.

It's the product of his hard work, and he should share it as he seems fit.

His son too should go and work for his own property

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Superstory

6 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Someone can not rest in peace again instead of the slowpoke to go make money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by twoMcfemad: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Where do this man CYRIACUS IZUEKWE and the P. M express of a thing get their junk news from?
If its not women fighting for husbands, its family man runs mad or monkey chasing lion and all of that.

Enough of all these viewing centre/ Newspaper Stand gist.

BTW, I don't blame them. Na Buhari cause am.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by madridguy(m): 4:15am On Oct 05, 2017
shocked
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by GetUmad: 5:52am On Oct 05, 2017
So poor. Wale Adenuga would have done better.

4 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Evablizin(f): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2017
shocked nawa for Cyriacus Izuekewe and Emmy story self heeye.

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by brunofarad(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2017
This is na wah
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by free2ryhme: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2017

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by kinibigdeal(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2017
PM News undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by soberdrunk(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2017
angry
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Drniyi4u(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2017
eyinjuege:
A man can will his property to anyone he wishes to.

It's the product of his hard work, and he should share it as he seems fit.

His son too should go and work for his own property

It's a simple sturvs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
Mr. Man, shut up. So you know your tradition so well and you still left them for suit and tie life in the city. Instead of remaining home and becoming a traditional stake holder. It is obvious you didn't respect the man while he was still alive.
Let the will stand. They are also his children.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Asuokaa: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
lol
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by KendrickAyomide: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
na them again

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by lonelydora: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
Emmy should go and work harder to acquire hia own. Why fight over another man's sweat?

I pray to be greater than my father.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by martineverest(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2017
idiota
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by miarhpe: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2017
Ooga oh
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by aziaka111(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2017
all dis stories just weak my left balls
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2017
abeg bro I dey find fvck

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by kullozone(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2017
Shameless man. His late father did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by castrol180(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2017
This culture get as he be. It is somehow
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Adeoba10(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2017
Kk
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by eluquenson(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2017
Sheer stupidity from emmy

It was gathered that the culture did not recognise women because it was expected that they will get married to their husbands and therefore were not entitled to inherit any property from their family. Thus Emmy insisted that the culture and tradition will be applied in the sharing of the properties.
What sort of tradition is this?

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by tayo4ng(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2017
stupidity of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Greatmind23: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2017
I'm papa sly am carry his corpse go do ritual now before him die I'm suppose don dey track he lack good gps
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by santopelele(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2017
bloggers and lie Mohammed is like 5&6
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by wellmax(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2017
However, trouble was said to have started after the counsel got through reading the will and Emmy discovered that their late father shared his properties to his children including the women among them.

It was gathered that the late Okwukogu had properties both in Onitsha and Owerri which he shared equally among the children not minding the gender status

See mentality. Shame to the the young man.
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by wellmax(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2017
samuelson06:
I think most articles from this blog are a product of their imaginations. Beer parlor gist all the time.
pmexpress is not a gossip blog

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Fearlez: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2017
Igbo tradition is nothing but a culturally sustained enslavement to women!!!

Funny how igbos claim to be civilised and democratic but their women are nothing but legalised slaves prepped up for sale by the family to the highest bidder.

They are cultural castaways forgotten by the family yet when they are married off, these same family never stop pestering their husbands for upkeep.

Shameful!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Rewards His Wife With A Trip To Kenya For Accepting His Proposal (Photos) / Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) / "Stabbed Me In My Ribs & Fingers Before Swallowing Poison" - Woman Shares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.