Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question (18700 Views)

Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una. / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by obembet(f): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
Having a baby is hard work and people need to appreciate the Labor pain woman passthrough. Labor is one of the most severe pains which has ever evaluated and its fear is one of the reasons ladies does not want to marry.

Now, what I have observed so far whenever woman give birth, the next questions will be weitin u born? Na boy or girl? . To me, I think this is most annoying question. Why not congratulate the woman first instead of asking unnecessary questions.

Why some Nigerians like asking this question?

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by doggedfighter(f): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
cheesy

We're very inquisitive and curious as a people. grin
There's nothing bad about it.

Just that some people who have been TTC a particular sex maybe uncomfortable with the
question especially when they didn't birth their desired sex.

Overall it isn't a bad question, sometimes it comes out of excitement upon hearing the good news. grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Baitullah: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
If you don't ask, what will you tell the next person you are giving the information when asked grin

204 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ahnie: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
It's a Nigerian thing, we're all guilty of it.
It's a question being asked all over the world,but the way we asked ours as Nigerians come be like say,we be monitoring spirits.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Sekoni003(m): 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
It's actually no big deal. Before you compare with the western countries, over there, they aren't vague when breaking news of their baby's birth. They aren't unnecessarily superstitious to conceal their newborn's sex so you wouldn't even need to ask about the sex in the first place cheesy

Richard from Dallas,TX on the phone: "Hey Frank, My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy last night, I thought to share you the good news".

Baba Basirat from Ijebu on the phone: "Mo ni kin so fun yin ni o, Iya Basira bimo lana o."

Note the difference grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by obembet(f): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
ahnie:
It's a Nigerian thing, we're all guilty of it.
It's a question being asked all over the world,but the way we asked ours as Nigerians come be like say,we monitoring spirits.

Exactly, as if they want to use the child.

Some will even ask you before congratulating u

Omakraid:
Some are asked this question even by their husbands ooo especially if they want a male child

My dear.. all child na child, to me, I think God give u what's the best. Asking questions is not necessary

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Dannyfan(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
There is nothing wrong about the question, you can just break the news by revealing the gender at first.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Deicide:
To know if they should throw the baby in a trash can

Senseless comment.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by KingLennon(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
So as to know the gender she gave birth to, simple!

11 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by affable4(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Unnecessary curiosity and ignorance of the psychological trauma they are causing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by WiszyFraud: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Did you know??

Giving birth is the second most painful thing a human can experience – The first is being burned alive.

lipsrsealed

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ifeoma2611(f): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Good
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Olam09(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Wait I'm coming
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Omakraid(f): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Some are asked this question even by their husbands ooo especially if they want a male child

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by bigdammyj: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Suspect33(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Q. Wetin you born?

A. Na pikin I born

End of discussion cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
That one is even good sef. I remembered when my wife had our 1st child, someone even went as far as asking me whether na CS or the other way. And the pesin na elderly woman in my family. I just ignored the question.

Na so some of my friends like to ask many questions like "how much you buy the car, how much be your house rent, how much for the land, how much for this, how much for that? As if them wan refund you the money. People should be minding their bizness and be sensitive to the kind of questions they ask. Monitoring spirits everywhere

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Realists(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sex of babies matters alot to family & friends, in other not to embarrass themselves in buying of gifts & naming of the baby.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
So annoying

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by hiteelong(f): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Even me I resist the urge to ask that question, a boy or girl? If shez my close friend, curiosity won't allow me mind my business o grin
if we aren't close, I won't bother to ask
but I might ask the family members, after exchanging pleasantries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Mindlog: 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
One of the things we have to live with as Nigerians. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Kobicove(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
To know the sex of the baby

5 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by pyro62(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nothing wrong with wanting to know the sex of your child. Stupid trend

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Kobicove(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Olam09:
Wait I'm coming

But you're going... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Deicide: 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
To know if they should throw the baby in a trash can.

Are you having a Boy or an Abortion? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by SurvivorM(f): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Lol
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by money121(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ok
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nonpartisan1: 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
Foolish question.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ShenTeh(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bornboi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / Man Calls For Reintroduction Of Ekpo-Nka-Owo Spirit That Punishes Cheating Wives / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.