Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? (4281 Views)

Programmed Withdrawal Vs. Annuity / Program Withdrawal Vs Annuity / Programmed Withdrawal Or Annuity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by tolex29(f): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2017
Please I need professional advice. My mum has been on programmed withdrawal with a PFA after her retirement for a while but recently mentioned that her colleagues have moved to annuity, which according to her, pays more. I have read a couple of articles on line but still need people who have experienced both. The programmed withdrawal runs on the platform of her PFA while the Life Annuity is from an insurance firm.

Please I need professional advice so she doesn't make a decision she'll regret. It's whether she stays with her programmed withdrawal or she moves to this life annuity.

1 Like

Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by Intelcorei7: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
Base on what my recently retired uncle said. Annuity is better.

1 Like

Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by dd12345: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Good evening...I'm working in a pension firm...kindly send me a mail. I will tell you the bitter truth...the best option btw PW and annuity...this is my email address. freez1884@yahoo.com
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by Fxmanager(m): 5:34am On Oct 06, 2017
tolex29:
Please I need professional advice. My mum has been on programmed withdrawal with a PFA after her retirement for a while but recently mentioned that her colleagues have moved to annuity, which according to her, pays more. I have read a couple of articles on line but still need people who have experienced both. The programmed withdrawal runs on the platform of her PFA while the Life Annuity is from an insurance firm.

Please I need professional advice so she doesn't make a decision she'll regret. It's whether she stays with her programmed withdrawal or she moves to this life annuity.
We are here for you. Your #1,000,000 can currently give you an average of #50,000+ monthly return investing with us after performance fees. And if you want an average monthly return of more than #500,000 after 48 months of your investment with us, you can do so using compound interest in your investment with us. This means after 4 years of your investment with us using compound interest, you will be getting a average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest. This will be possible as long as we stay under our working risk of 5-10% of your capital, and the maximum permissible risk of 30% to your capital. Note: we are doing everything possible to stay under 10% risk to our potential investor’s capital.

At 5% average monthly returns using compound interest without withdrawing funds from your account, your #1,000,000 will grow to #10,401,269.7+ in 4 years time (48 months).

How is it possible to turn #1,000,000 to #10,401,269.7+ in 4 years?

It is possible through the power of compound interest as explained below.

Compound interest is the concept of adding accumulated interest back to the principal sum, so that interest is earned on top of interest from that moment on. The act of declaring interest to be added to the principal is called compounding.(I.e you decide to add the earned interest to the initial principal in the investment going forward)

Monthly compound interest formula
We are using monthly here ,since we are talking of monthly returns.
The formula for Monthly compound interest, including principal sum, is:
A = P (1 + r/n) (nt)
Where:
A = the future value of the investment, including interest(returns)
P = the principal investment amount (the initial deposit amount)
r = the monthly interest rate(returns) in decimal.
n = the number of times that interest is compounded per month (in this case once or one time)
t = the number of months the money is invested
Note that this formula gives you the future value of an investment, which is compound interest plus the principal. Should you wish to calculate the compound interest only, you need this:
Total compounded interest = P (1 + r/n) (nt) - P
Or simply
Total compounded interest =A-P
Let's look at an example
Compound interest formula (including principal):

A = P(1+r/n)(nt)
If an amount of #1,000,000 is invested with us and we return a monthly interest rate (returns) of 5%, the value of the investment after 48months (I.e 4 years) can be calculated as follows...
P = #10,401,269.7. r = 5/100 = 0.05 (decimal). n = 1 (since we are compounding it once a month. t = 48.
If we plug those figures into the formula, we get:
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05 / 1) ^ (1(48)) = #10,401,269.7
So, the investment balance after 48 months (4years) is #10,401,269.7
Methodology
Step-by-step explained, how we get the #10,401,269.7. This all revolves around BODMAS and the order of operations. Let's go through it:
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05 / 1) ^ (1(48))
Using the order of operations we work out the totals in the brackets first. Within the first set of brackets, you need to do the division first and then the addition (division and multiplication should be carried out before addition and subtraction). We can also work out the 1(48). This gives us...
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05) ^ 48
Then:
A = #1,000,000(1.05) ^ 48
The exponent goes next. So, we calculate (1.05) ^ 48.
This means we end up with:
#1,000,000× 10.401269646942109782178152880917
= #10,401,269.7
You may have seen some examples giving a formula of A = P ( 1+r ) ^ t . This simplified formula assumes that interest is compounded once per period, rather than multiple times per period.

We have the best currency trading team here to assist you in building your #1,000,000 to over #10,401,269.7 in 4years (48 months) and beyond. You will be getting an average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest after the 48 months, helping you live the life you deserve even without a job. You can give us a trial.

This is the best structured, secured and transparent savings/investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your savings/investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum. If you are using ecurrency payment system, it takes 5 mins to the ecurrency payment systems then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Nigerian Bank account using Nigerian trusted e-currency exchanges. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to savers/investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to savers/investors capital is 30%. Visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925379/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
https://www.nairaland.com/3931027/4-ways-avoid-investment-scams

Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by okitejoseph: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please I need professional advice. My mum has been on programmed withdrawal with a PFA after her retirement for a while but recently mentioned that her colleagues have moved to annuity, which according to her, pays more. The highlighted sentence tells the full story, Annuity is the way to go these days, good think about it is that you can sell annuity payments and use the fund to take care of your pressing need...
Read more on all you need to know on Annuity here
https://www.creditpent.com/sell-annuity-payments-calculator-structured-settlement-calculator-present-value/
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by droly28: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2019
Program withdrawal vs Annuity

Most of the retirees are ignorant of the bitter truth between these two. Pension Fund Administrators offer program withdrawal while Life Insurance companies offer Annuity.

Program withdrawal : it is a periodic pension payment to a retiree from his or her pension balance. The payment is paid for an expected life span which means the money can finish at a particular point (Maybe when the retiree is 75 or 80 years). The payment is smaller compared to Annuity.

Annuity: it is a monthly payment to a retiree and the payment is for his/her life time (even if he/she lives till 150years), the payment is always bigger than program withdrawal and the payment can never stop as long as the retiree is alive.

The good news is that even if you have picked Program withdrawal and you have started receiving pension, you can still move to Annuity and Annuity pays more.

For more enlightenment or advice send me a mail olaoluwaogunsanya @ gmail.com or call O 7O 3O7 394 25
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by Francisco01(m): 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
Do you know that? Pensioners on programmed monthly withdrawal, can now get thirteen and fourteen months bonus or an enhancement in their monthly pensions for life, whichever one prefers Secure the balance for their family through a family agent, should an unforeseen ensues To get more information on free pensions advisory service, call Francisco on 07033895094/ 09099391996
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by Francisco01(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
Francisco01:
Do you know that? Pensioners on programmed monthly withdrawal, can now get thirteen and fourteen months bonus or an enhancement in their monthly pensions for life, whichever one prefers Secure the balance for their family through a family agent, should an unforeseen ensues To get more information on free pensions advisory service, call Francisco on 07033895094/ 09099391996

you may call whatsapp me on this number or email me on alozie.obilo.f@gmail.com
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by Francisco01(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
Have You Ask Yourself

How does the new Contributory Pension Scheme (CSP) works in Nigeria

What options do I have after contributing to the new contributory pension scheme in Nigeria

How does Annuity works

How does Program Withdrawal works

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Annuity or Program Withdrawal

How do I get the best benefits from Pensions

How do I get Pensions for life after retirement

How do i secure myself with Pensions

How do I secure my family with Pensions

What are your fears, troubles, worry, anxiety, concerns, experience, thought

SAVE TIME, MONEY, EFFORT and also share with others relevant information to help others Enjoy a SECURED, HIGHER, BETTER and LIFE PENSIONS at retirement or Age 50

call: Obilo Francisco
07033895094 (Toll free)
alozie.obilo@yahoo.com

Benefits:

The security of PENCOM regulated Pensions

The alternative offers of income for you

The alternative durations of payments for you

The alternative transfer of estate's ease

The strength/ limitations of companies paying Pensions

Any other thing you want to know you can also ask

Best regards
Obilo Francisco 07033895094
alozie.obilo@yahoo.com
Re: Programmed Withdrawal VS Annuity, Which Is Retirement Plan Is Better? by ifortenet(m): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
dd12345:
Good evening...I'm working in a pension firm...kindly send me a mail. I will tell you the bitter truth...the best option btw PW and annuity...this is my email address. freez1884@yahoo.com

Please kindly share more information about this with us, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Heat Transfer Paper For Light Fabrics / Beware of Care Profit International Company Limited...Fraudulent / How Do I Invest In The Nigerian Stock Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.