Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (34957 Views)

Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries / What Exactly Is Aunty Ayo Mogaji Wearing? / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by brick(m): 4:40am On Dec 29, 2005
in decent dressing is any dressing that is suggestive, provocative and seductive. it shouts "come over here now and have a piece of this action" tongue kiss grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by vinna(f): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2005
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed **observing quitely**
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by wendytilda(f): 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2005
Any dress u put on and u feel a bit guilty and insecured and even uncomfortable,it is indecent.
Also dresses that are seductive.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by hadesanjo(m): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2006
wendytilda:

Any dress u put on and u feel a bit guilty and insecured and even uncomfortable,it is indecent.
Also dresses that are seductive.

There is nothing like guilt these days
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 3:02am On Jan 05, 2006
I believe there's no such thing as indecent dressing. If u put on an outfit and u think u look fabolous in it, then u do, put then other peeps might find it offensive and INDECENT. but on ur mind its right.
The main point is u feel good about urself, the words of MAN shouldnt put u down.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2006
what about the words of Jesus? grin
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by ocho(f): 3:25am On Jan 06, 2006
lauryn:

I believe there's no such thing as indecent dressing. 
okay, seriously though, if u actually saw a girl walk down the street wearing just what looks exactly like a bra and pantties, would you still believe that that's a decent form of dressing? or say you saw a guy with his troussers all the way down at his knee cap and his entire boxer shorts hanging out, does that still look decent to you? i'm not trying to define indecent dressing or anything, rather, i'm giving you examples of what sure does look indecent. My point is, there is such a thing as indecent dressing.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 3:46am On Jan 06, 2006
ocho:

okay, seriously though, if u actually saw a girl walk down the street wearing just what looks exactly like a bra and pantties, would you still believe that that's a decent form of dressing? or say you saw a guy with his troussers all the way down at his knee cap and his entire boxer shorts hanging out, does that still look decent to you? i'm not trying to define indecent dressing or anything, rather, i'm giving you examples of what sure does look indecent. My point is, there is such a thing as indecent dressing.

Well to them its decent, so i guess we have to accept them for who they are by not judging them. Every dressing or indecent dressing is a style or fashion to others
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by ocho(f): 4:06am On Jan 06, 2006
lauryn:

Well to them its decent, so i guess we have to accept them for who they are by not judging them. Every dressing or indecent dressing is a style or fashion to others
to them it is decent? I can bet they think their dressing is far from decent  but then because they enjoy the attention they get by dressing that way,they do so anyway, which by the way is simlpy human nature. we know how much something isn't beneficial to us and others but we do it regardless. I'm not passing judjemnt at all, i'm just saying it as it is. At least you agree that there's some dressing that are indecent, or do u still disagree?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by DEKING3(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2006
@ lauryn, do you believe there's no indecent dressing?

I can't believe someone is saying there's no such thing as indecent dressing. I wonder what the world is becoming. Do you know that there are people who do things that are bad and they know it, yet they keep doing it due to their selfish motives.

Wake up people, there is something called indecent dressing.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by christyne(f): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2006
To me,watever u put on n u're feeling uncomfortable in it is indecency.There's nothing call indecency in dressing so far u go to places with d right dress.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2006
christyne:

To me,watever u put on n u're feeling uncomfortable in it is indecency.There's nothing call indecency in dressing so far u go to places with d right dress.

word!, now this is exactly what i mean
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2006
It is "word" because she supported you.

Ocho actually makes absolute sense here. Guys that sag know that their dressing is indecent (I have friends like that). Why do you think a guy wouldn't wear his trousers all the way down at his knee cap and his entire boxer shorts hanging out to a company where he  needs a job? Or why do you think a guy will find it very difficult to introduce his wife whose breasts are almost falling out of her clothes to his parents as a wife?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2006
goodguy:

It is "word" because she supported you.

Ocho actually makes absolute sense here. Guys that sag know that their dressing is indecent (I have friends like that). Why do you think a guy wouldn't wear his trousers all the way down at his knee cap and his entire boxer shorts hanging out to a company where he needs a job? Or why do you think a guy will find it very difficult to introduce his wife whose breasts are almost falling out of her clothes to his parents as a wife?

I never said Ocho doesnt make sense. Everbody have different opinions about things, and it just happened to be that I have the same point of view as Christyne.

Stop hating and start appreciating. rolleyes
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2006
How do you people interprete things? Was there any form of anger or hatred in my post? For God's sake, I was only adding more to what Ocho said! I guess if I had supported you, I wouldn't be an 'hater'.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2006
Well I was also adding more to what Christyne said, so deal with it rolleyes wink
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2006
I'm not against your opinion, neither have I attacked your post, so there's nothing for me to deal with here. cool
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2006
goodguy:

I'm not against your opinion, neither have I attacked your post, so there's nothing for me to deal with here. cool

Oh well! Life goes on wink
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2006
Yeah.. Life's good. wink
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by romantic(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2006
yes good people, i'm waiting for your views on this
some says trousers are indecent for girls but what about the skimpy skirts?
i personally love seeing my girl on trousers because it makes her look smarter
so what kind of clothes is indecent for girls trousers or skimpy skirts
what do you think.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by romantic(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2006
yes Good people, smiley
i'm waiting for your views on this :
some says trousers are indecent for girls but what about the skimpy skirts?
i personally love seeing my girl on trousers because it makes her look smarter
so what kind of clothes is indecent for girls trousers or skimpy skirts
what do you think.
cool
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by shi: 2:11am On Feb 01, 2006
lipsrsealed Well indescent dressing is common among our 21st century ladies, mostly found in the University arena. Though lectures claim there needs to be a stop to that problem, most male lecturesre are the cause of the problems, by telling them to do things behind their means and threatning them, well its now left to our female lecturers.Though i am 16 year old student of grade 12, well i think the problem is as a result ofattraction to the opposite sex. Our ladies of today wanting to get attraction from the oppsite sex would go by any means. Today there are better things one can engage her self with instead of sticking with the material things of the world. I beleive that the only way someone of the opposite sex is going to you is by being your natural self, there is nothing better than honesty, like i said earlier, nothing better than honesty.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2006
indecent dressing is simply dressing in a way which exposes those parts of your body that only either your husband or sex partner should see!!!!!!
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by micklplus(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2006
Indecent dressing is simply wearing what is not right to a particular occasion e.g
wearing a flowing agbada to a corporate office.
wearing red sox on a blue jeans and a yellow top.
wearing a dinner gown to a church service.
wearing bikini to a corporate setting e.t.c

just dress nice in attire that suit the occasion.
shikena !
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by diyobdw(f): 11:22am On May 09, 2006
checking my dico:Indecent Dressing the the type of dressing that is not readliy acceptable by the immediate society it being worn.

Wearing jumper in north or beside a born again xtian migth be indecent but its ok on miami beach or a hot weather.

It all about common sense if its indecent you the dresse will know. so listen to yourself. cheesy
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by toyex: 3:55pm On May 09, 2006
I think indecent dressing intentionally baring a few things to attract attention.It is a true fact that certain dresses are meant for certain occassions but when you begin to deviate by wearing some of these dresses to church, class, or other events not suitable ,then it is indecent.
If you meet a woman baring some flesh at a party, I think you won't be gutted, but if you see her in church,
Indecent dressing is also notb gender specific.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Idekeson(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2006
In a period not quite long ago and maybe still in some African cultures, women used to walk around the village topless, without raising any eyebrow. Is indecent dressing/exposure dependent on time and place? I should think so.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by cabali(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2006
I feel we should all just be sincere with ourselves. I am pretty convinced that we all know when a girl is dressed indecently, we all know this and so lets keep this known to ourselves and go talk abt som' else
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by kimba(m): 10:19pm On May 09, 2006
hhhmmmm, INdecent dressing, mostly have to do with females, but a lot of guys dress odd too:
here:
- partially exposing what should naturally and ideally be covered(male/female privates, "avenues/high-ways" leading to male/female privates)

- totally exposing what should naturally and ideally be covered(male/female privates, "avenues/high-ways" leading to male/female privates)

- clothes that will make the same/opposite sex to lust after the indecently dressed. Note: Appreciation is different from Lusting.

- clothes that spell "S-E-X", example ive come across a lot of ladies wearing short blouses with some other drawing, or sowed-on fabric, depicting a scene like, something like ones arms, as if the arms were grabbing their breasts, or others with other inscriptions that make you look at the lady as a sex object.

- for guys, ive seen a guy who wore a T-shirt an arrow pointing downwards with the writing: "Girls, this road leads to your happiness", i found it very insultive.

- what i call "color-riot" is dressing up in such a way where you can count like 10/more colors, and such that makes the person an instant object of peoples attention.

- dressing wrongly for occassions/events: ex: wearing bathroom slippers to church, and other oddities.

- Its not by force to be a hiphop guy, abi. Too many 50cents guys in nigeria and I pity them, a lot of nija guys i came across in Nigeria, its like this: 12noon, the sun is blazing hot, then u see this guy, wearing low-down, waste hanging jeans, has a turtle-neck t-shirt underneath a snow-jacket, with a head-band, and a dark sunshades, with a base-ball cap. Im like, dont you feel hot, besides it doesnt snow in Nigeria, abi,
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:26pm On May 10, 2006
please dont mistake indecent for sexy ooo, Would you call wearing a pant on the beach/pool side indecent? or would you call wearing a mini micro with a spag indecent? For me there is Sexy and Indecent. in a nut shell i would call em all sexy since it arouses your loins, it is sexy not indecent. Indecent is wearing what does not fits you "My own Def"
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by shi: 11:34pm On May 10, 2006
well i guess you do have a point.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 9:53am On May 11, 2006
indecent dressing is not wearing skimpy clothes

personally i think it is when
you wear the wrong clothes to the right places

like wearing a suit to a party
and showing up in a mini at the office.
when it should have been vice versa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gym Photos Of Mr. Tourism Nigeria 2016 Finalist / Instagram Hair Vendor: What Was Ordered Vs What Was Delivered (Photo) / How To Remove Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.