Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

National Housing Fund Loan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / National Housing Fund Loan (17088 Views)

National Housing Fund Act / The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. / Do You Know About NHF (National Housing Fund)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Housing Fund Loan by dare0834(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
Does anyone know the fastest and the best way to get access to the loan, it is a nice concept but hard to get so i am told,
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by AdornHomes(f): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
Yes. I can help.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by atilla(m): 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
google the stuvs bro
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by AdornHomes(f): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Poster,

If u can't get much info from google.

Do get in touch with us.

Adorn Homes Ltd. RC 860200
Ground floor, Suite 105 Pearl Plaza,
After Doren Hospital,
Ajah

Adornhomes@gmail.com

+2347065221108

Thx
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by dare0834(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
I have seen lots of things on the internet about it but i wouldn't mind getting a Mortgage bank that is willing to assist as most that have been contacted are really not intereseted. i have a friend that has been on this for over 18 months and still haven't gotten the funds yet.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by AdornHomes(f): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
Yes. I can confirm that, the NHF process takes a long time.

But, we r hoping that, it will get better.

If u want fast funds for your project, the NHF is not the route.

But, if u are willing to wait, you can get the reduced interest rate of 6% for a longer term of up to 30 years.

Also, u can get a maximum mortgage of N5Million.

The NHF is for first time buyers who are fed up of wasting their money by paying rent.

Rgds
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by maskuraid(m): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
@adornhomes

problem wit waitin is most of d good deals r usually time sensitive.

can u pls outline d process anyways?
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by AdornHomes(f): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
[list]
[li]@Maskuraid,

I agree with you that, most of d good deals are usually time sensitive. But, NHF mortgage is quite different.

In simple terms, you need the following to apply for the NHF MORTGAGE:[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]6 PASSPORT PHOTOS.
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]ELECTRONIC TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]3 MONTHS PAYSLIP
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]VALUATION REPORT = COSTS N10,000
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]SEARCH = COSTS N10,000
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]NHF APPLICATION FORM = COSTS N1,500
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]YOU NEED TO CONTRIBUTE 2.5% OF YOUR BASIC SALARY INTO THE NHF FOR 6 MONTHS (I NEED TO CONFIRM WHETHER IT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 3 YEARS).
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]YOU NEED TO REGISTER WITH THE FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA = COST N1,600

Also, the maximum amount of money or mortgage, you can get is N5 million naira.

Interest rate is 6%.

Adorn Homes Ltd works with Mortgage Banks who have quick access to the NHF.

Presently, we have 2 developments under the NHF on our books. This means that, the FMBN (Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria) have authorised the NHF for these 2 developments.

We can send you details via email. Pls email us at adornhomes@gmail.com.

For further assistance on Nigerian Mortgages, pls get in touch.

Regards
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by alicianna(f): 5:04am On Mar 14, 2010
AdornHomes:

[list]
[li]@Maskuraid,

I agree with you that, most of d good deals are usually time sensitive. But, NHF mortgage is quite different.

[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]3 MONTHS PAYSLIP
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]YOU NEED TO CONTRIBUTE 2.5% OF YOUR BASIC SALARY INTO THE NHF FOR 6 MONTHS (I NEED TO CONFIRM WHETHER IT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 3 YEARS).
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]YOU NEED TO REGISTER WITH THE FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA = COST N1,600

Interest rate is 6%.

Presently, we have 2 developments under the NHF on our books. This means that, the FMBN (Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria) have authorised the NHF for these 2 developments.

Regards

Just wondering, what if you're based outside the country, is it still possible to apply for a mortgage?
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by AdornHomes(f): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
[@Alicianna,

The NHF Mortgage is only for people residing in Nigeria.

If you don't reside in Nigeria, email me at adornhomes@yahoo.com or adornhomes@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by Cool: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
AdornHomes:

[list]
[liAdorn Homes Ltd works with Mortgage Banks who have quick access to the NHF.

Regards

Hi Adornhomes,

Please throw more light on the quote above.

About 5 months ago, I visited some mortgate banks to get info on the NHF and ALL of them mentioned the delay in receiving the funds after applying. None could guarantee or give an estimate on when the funds can become available after submitting the application.  I'm therefore interested in the suggestion that some mortgage banks can guarantee quick access to the NHF.

Furthermore, what do you mean by having developments under the NHF? It is the first time I'm coming across a suggestion that the FMBN (NHF) develops estates or indeed specially approves some estates for development.  Do you mean that anyone who subscribes to these properties automatically gets NHF allocation?

Please clarify these points as they do not synchornise with the info I have on how NHF works. 

I would have sent you an email directly, but it seems there's a good interest level on this topic so, I think it'll be good for everybody to get all things clear.

Regards,

Cool

2 Likes

Re: National Housing Fund Loan by whatalife: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2010
When i started my building project at a stage, i got discouraged and fustrated as things went slow initially(in terms of finances). I approached about 5 banks including the federal morgage bank, all is story story. The NHF fund is difficult to access .Based on my findings most banks will tell you they have their own in house facility but the interest rate is hovering around 21 to 22%
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by maskuraid(m): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
like i said earlier,d NHF is a very long thing.all they do is deduct ur contribution but for loan,na u go tire.by the time u get any response sef ,d property would v gone to beggin.

commercial banks give u prompt service but d rates are not friendly at all.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by lawyer(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
Good topic! People should Please shed more light on People who need to know more about this before i give my own final summation and views legally!
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by whatalife: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2010
Please if you have any information about the NHF Loan pls share it with us.

1 Like

Re: National Housing Fund Loan by jemmyvibe: 11:41am On Mar 24, 2010
Business in a Box.

Re: National Housing Fund Loan by timpaker(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2010
whatalife:

Please if you have any information about the NHF  Loan pls share it with us.

All information regarding NHF Loan can be gotten from Aso Savings and Loans Plc, or visit the website: www.asoplc.com.
I know they are the best when it comes to mortgage, you can ask around to confirm this assertion.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by SkySpirit(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
AdornHomes:

[list]
[li]

It has been increased to #15m this March 2010!
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by EmmaAjayi(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2010
AdornHomes:

[list]
[li]@Maskuraid,

[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]3 MONTHS PAYSLIP
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]

Interest rate is 6%.

Regards

Based on your post, Obtaining loan is prohibitive in respect of the time and expenses to be incurred.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by Libra38: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
@AdornHomes

Please, is it possible for a company worker (e.g construction) to acess this loan?

Your clarification will be highy apreciated.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by Cotton(m): 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
I tried accessing the NHF funds some years ago, there is a company-something homes that had 2 developments at Ikorodu. They were selling them before the buildings were built-I understand that's how it normally works. Well I paid a deposit for 2 bungalows (500k which was 10%). Now they asked me to approach FBN Mortgage Bank and process my loan for the balance. At the Bank I was asked to produce all the documents listed in an earlier post. I couldn't get a proper tax clearance, though I did eventually.

Now, the develpment company is telling me that prices have gone up and my 10% initial deposit is inadequate. That I need to drop some more money. To be honest, I was a bit lazy with the TCC but as I speak, I am yet to see my house. The last time they told me that all houses have been allocated and that I could only get an allocation on another project. I asked a lawyer what to do and he said I shouldn't collect the deposit because it will amount to nothing. I should follow up with them and sort out the mortgage issue. This whole process has taken about 7 years.

I have lost interest in both the money and buildings. Anyway I will contact them and brief you more.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by oderemo(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2010
I should follow up with them and sort out the mortgage issue. This whole process has taken about 7 years.

Nigerians can frustrate fellow Nigerians at times. 7yrs. damn.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by sley4life(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
i heard of such but i dont know how real it is
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by whatalife: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
My DAd contributed to the NHF up to 13 years before his retirement, he was unable to access the loan.
Sometimes i wonder what realy work in this country,Govt. will have good intentions but people at helm of affairs will fustrate you .
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by springpark: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
I was wondering our friends on nairaland will also help with information on the best mortgage banks who can effectively assist us in acessing the NHF loans.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418834.0.html
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by fire4fire: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
Fellow countrymen, if you want to access the NHF please be ready to wait till eternity!!!!!! grin . I've applied for almost 2 years now still nothing.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by oderemo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
and to think we have a bank named ACESS BANK in this country grin grin grin
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by oderemo(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
@vector why do you do this all the time . is it by force we must listen to your wack music all the time? pls grow up.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by alldone(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
whatalife:

My DAd contributed to the NHF up to 13 years before his retirement, he was unable to access the loan.
Sometimes i wonder what realy work in this country,Govt. will have good intentions but people at helm of affairs will fustrate you .

the government is not sincere on this issue.
Re: National Housing Fund Loan by maskuraid(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
dis kind of 'vectored' intrusion is the reason why things like NHF don't work.

we are too serious to have time for distractions like you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Magrellos Event Centre In Ogudu,ojota Lagos / Cheap Housing / Land For Sell In Lagos ( Mainland) / Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.