Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged (701 Views)

Phone Being Charged For Long & Left Unattended Explodes, Captured On CCTV / Top 5 Smartphones With The Best Designs 2018. They’re All Chinese ! (PHOTOS) / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by s33d(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
An increasing number of the devices are being completely destroyed as the battery seems to swell, causing the screen to pop off.

The swelling is likely to have occurred due to gases inside, reports MacRumors.com.

These incidents are just down to faulty batteries, and should be fairly isolated.

Apple say they’re aware of a couple of cases and are looking into the matter.

It’s down to a faulty battery (Picture: @Magokoro0511)
Apple fans have barely unwrapped the packaging on their alarmingly-overpriced new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models, and the complaints are already coming in hot.

Customers say a strange crackling sound is plaguing the earpiece speaker during phone calls.

What started as the odd Twitter complaint has surged into a flurry of reports, prompting Apple to respond.

A spokesperson for tech firm said: ‘We are aware of the issue which is affecting customers in a small number of cases. Our team is at work on a fix, which will be included in an upcoming software release.’

You want to be taking extra-special care of your iPhone 8 — it costs a bomb to have it fixed

Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by s33d(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Recently, iPhone 8 users have been complaining about a “static crackling” sound coming from the earpiece. Now, new reports have emerged of an issue that no software update will be able to fix. Two different cases have surfaced of the phone splitting open.
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Another great news for all sammy lovers cheesy smiley
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by ORIJIN201(m): 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
open gate grin
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by bravesoul247(m): 12:06am On Oct 06, 2017
So blow Don blow be that? I'll kukuma be using my Tecno spark jate
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by bravesoul247(m): 12:06am On Oct 06, 2017
So blow Don blow be that? I'll kukuma be using my Tecno spark jare
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by s33d(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2017
I guess na battery fault. Maybe the battery wasn't made by apple or not properly tested
Re: Some Iphone 8 Models Are Bursting Open While They’re Being Charged by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2017
bravesoul247:
So blow Don blow be that? I'll kukuma be using my Tecno spark jare

Looool
So Tecno no dey blow nah

(1) (Reply)

Huawei P20 Pro Already Outsold The P10 Plus By 316% In Western Europe / Specs And Price Infinix Zero 5 Pro / Share Ur Experience After Updating Your Android Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.