Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure (15429 Views)

Zenith Bank Frustrating Customers Over Network Issue / Nigerians Mock FCMB Customers Over Bank’s 4 Days Network Issues / CBN Fine 12 Banks N499b For Not Giving Out Loan To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Tattooboy: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Accepted
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
The thing affected me like crazy. I went late to work and got served a final warning. No credit on my phone to call my boss, no cash in my pocket to transport with.

I still regret why I did not do my withdrawals the day before.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by kerr9(f): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
this explain why am yet to get the money sent to me since yesterday
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by HopeAlive14(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
birdsview:
congratulations..girl children are always adorable

Thanks, my G!
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by chuks34(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
credit my account then I will know u people are truly remorseful.

Nb: I don't even have a GTB account
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by DONADAMS(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
rubbish bank..I applied for an upgrade in account...its been two months now no reply always the same story anytime I complain... nonsense
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by dljbd1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
I sent 1,500 to someone since 2 nights ago till now the recipient has not received it but I have been debited.
This is the second time this is happening in this year.
I am gonna storm their twitter handle tomorrow when I"m sure their network has been stabilized.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by joepentwo(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
MAKE DEM GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER!
I DON OPEN ACCT. FOR ZENITH BANK
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by dingbang(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
shevon:
I have never been embarrassed as much as I was yesterday, all my online and ATM transactions were declined. If not for the fact that I was well know at the restaurant I went to in VI yesterday, who knows what would have become of me. At the end of the day, I had to beg for cash at the office before I could leave.
It was terrible.
you should spread some or your cash with another bank.. Why don't u bank with First bank? I would be grateful if you open an account

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by shevon: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
dingbang:
you should spread some or your cash with another bank.. Why don't u bank with First bank? I would be grateful if you open an account
I have other account but because of financial discipline, I decided decided not to have ATM cards or internet banking access to the other accounts. I've got FCMB and Access Bank accounts, there is no point in having accounts scattered all over.
Thanks for the offer though.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by enemmo(f): 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
This apology is not accepted.

Gtb didn't inform me prior to the upgrade.

I went to the ATM around 7am,I was able to withdraw.

If they had properly circulated their warning,I would have withdrawn all I needed.

Only for me to get to the market, couldn't pay with p.o.s terminal, went to the nearest branch the place was in a state of chaos.

They were only accepting deposits. I had to go back to the market and sit under the hot sun until someone God sent came to my rescue.

I am fed up with this people,they feel they can get away with things like this,its at times like this I wish I read law in school,so I can know of this is even legal.

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Smooyis(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hmmmmm I hope skye bank will learn.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by bayulll011(m): 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
maximunimpact:
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc has apologized to customers over their inability to access some banking channels yesterday such as mobile banking channels, ATM machines as well as transactions across the counter.

The bank has sent out apology to customers while acknowledging they failed in giving satisfactory services as they normally deliver.

Below is the memo as released by the bank:

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/10/05/gtbank-apologizes-customers-network-failure/

stories what happen to all d business that suffered.

people that were stranded

trust regulators they will be sanctioned.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Famoosky(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Apologizing at late hour...shit
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Electronzeez(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
KOPT55:
The thing affected me like crazy. I went late to work and got served a final warning. No credit on my phone to call my boss, no cash in my pocket to transport with.

I still regret why I did not do my withdrawals the day before.

If you have been sacked yesterday .this is the same apology they would tender .
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Richiez(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nicely stated GTB
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by fineyemi(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin
shevon:
I have never been embarrassed as much as I was yesterday, all my online and ATM transactions were declined. If not for the fact that I was well know at the restaurant I went to in VI yesterday, who knows what would have become of me. At the end of the day, I had to beg for cash at the office before I could leave.
It was terrible.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by fineyemi(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
DONADAMS:
rubbish bank..I applied for an upgrade in account...its been two months now no reply always the same story anytime I complain... nonsense
since 2 month keh, was it a dollar account u upgraded to?
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by fineyemi(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Abeg GTB, I requested for a dollar account and current account to be opened since Tuesday, have not gotten any account number

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by yetty247(f): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Na today
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Knight0777(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
This bank has poweredhel several business ventures in Nigeria. Thank God they are civil about their incompetence which hardly happens.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Yesbody: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
I don't trust this bank again, they lied to me that they are carrying out remedial service text message attached
How can u carry out service maintenance during the week, this kind thing should be done during the weekend preferably on sunday not even a Saturday

All GTbank branches all over lagos was grounded

Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Yesbody: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
dljbd1:
I sent 1,500 to someone since 2 nights ago till now the recipient has not received it but I have been debited.
This is the second time this is happening in this year.
I am gonna storm their twitter handle tomorrow when I"m sure their network has been stabilized.

Is the recipient living in sokoto state ni abi na still GTbank issue ?
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by simpleswazy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
I withdrew got debit alert without getting my cash til now my money has not been reversed...what a fucking bank
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by mimee9(f): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
una do me strong thing o GTB still remain the best sha
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Spuggie: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Their network is still down
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Spuggie: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Their network is still down
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by BABANGBALI: 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sojebrand:
Gtb weytin ona do me yesterday cry
abeg make we hear word Jo,no be only one thousand five hundred naira dey you bank account? People like us wey be billionaire no even complain
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by Halo22: 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
GTB why nah? we trusted ur network that was why people like us chose to bank with you. May this kind of embarrassment never repeat itself again.
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by akwaowoudo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
A transfer transaction was made on Wednesday via UBA to Fidelity Bank and till now, no alert or cash seen in Fidelity Bank account but alert received by the sender from UBA. Is it still network failure?
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by DONADAMS(m): 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
fineyemi:
since 2 month keh, was it a dollar account u upgraded to?
my brother..the thing taya me..anytime I complain to dem they'll say they've already done their part..that its remaining my account manager to do his...that they can't do anything than to always remind him by mails..I taya
Re: Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure by DONADAMS(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
dingbang:
dingbang,,i tried banking with you guys buh they refused my temporary national I.D..I wonder why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Identifying Scams Online And Avoiding Them / Lagos To Start Selling Lake Rice At N13,000 Per Bag Next Week / NERC Grants Gencos Right To Sell Electricity Directly To Consumers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.