Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari (15247 Views)

Maikanti Baru Is Dead / No Crude Oil Found In Bida Basin Yet - Baru, NNPC GMD / Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by aleeyus(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
princechurchill:
Jubrin or buhari?

Stop deceiving your self noting like Jubrin

is IPOB madness
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Bigframe: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Why una cum put mouth na? Bubu will not do it again since una talk put now. #fightingcorruptionindeed
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by AreaFada2: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Dharniel:
suspension before investigation, who does that?
What if he's innocent? things should be properly and lawfully.

When accusations are weighty, and authorities deem it to be in public interest to investigate, suspension with pay is the norm in any serious country. Unless the individual has immunity.

Even with immunity, impeachment can be carried out if the whole thing is bringing a certain institution or body into disrepute or distracting it from the vital job it as to carry out. Suspension is meant to create an ideal atmosphere for investigation.

For example the subject of investigation will have no more access to files and records. Or able to direct his underlings to temper with vital evidence or do it himself.

Only in Nigeria do you see senators and honorables appearing in court and still holding on to high offices.

Please do not be mistaken to believe that the foolish and corrupt way things are in done in Nigeria is the right way.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Jahred52: 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
While you are busy,

please take note of this opportunity

https:///rlVQabXx7W

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Junior66(m): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Dharniel:
It doesn't occur to you that if he isn't suspended he will hamper investigations. Well-done.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

When accusations are weighty, suspension with pay us the norm in any serious country. Unless the individual has immunity. Suspension is meant to create an ideal atmosphere for investigation.

For example the subject of investigation will have no more access to files and records. Or able to direct his underlings to temper with vital evidence or do it himself.

Please do not be mistaken to believe that the foolish and corrupt way things are in done in Nigeria is the right way.

thumbs up ���

1 Like

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by wristbangle: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:
The president should immediately appoint a substantive minister of petroleum or hand over the portfolio to the vice president for proper supervision. NNPC should also be made to follow the procurement process and approval threshold set by BPP for other MDAS. Any procurement of goods above N100m and procurement of works above N1b should be approved by the FEC. They don't deserve any exemption.

The president also need to investigate and deal with the unacceptable level of insubordination in his government. Heads of agencies should never be allowed to boycott or bypass their supervising ministers in any way. The circumstances leading to the minister of state for petroleum being denied access to the president should also be investigated. There should be no government within the government.

On point bro. I hope they can borrow a leaf of advice from this statement.

It would be an injustice if PMB fail to sack the corrupt baron called baru.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
The fraudulent element will NEVER do that. Shame on the Zone-Bs who voted the yeye fowl into power.

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by oake(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:
The president should immediately appoint a substantive minister of petroleum or hand over the portfolio to the vice president for proper supervision. NNPC should also be made to follow the procurement process and approval threshold set by BPP for other MDAS. Any procurement of goods above N100m and procurement of works above N1b should be approved by the FEC. They don't deserve any exemption.

The president also need to investigate and deal with the unacceptable level of insubordination in his government. Heads of agencies should never be allowed to boycott or bypass their supervising ministers in any way. The circumstances leading to the minister of state for petroleum being denied access to the president should also be investigated. There should be no government within the government.

Did you read the news?
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by cimag: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
$26b(10.3trillion Naira)is the worst form of corruption since 1960.I am not surprised about the level of corruption in Buhari's Govt.Buhari is worse than Abacha afterall the same Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by totorimi: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Who appointed him there in the first place, its not possible for the same person to remove him, he will be given a soft landing in the worst case scenario.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Daboomb: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
DONSMITH123:
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

The Peoples Democratic Party has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to suspend the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Maikanti Baru over the allegation of corruption in the corporation.

It also demanded that Baru be handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for investigation and prosecution.
National Publicity Secretary of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, stated this at an ongoing press conference at the party’s headquarters in Abuja on Thursday.

Details later..

http://punchng.com/breaking-pdp-asks-buhari-to-suspend-nnpc-boss/

Wrong move!

PDP should not have put their mouth into the matter.

Now, Buhari will feel like "PDP cant tell me what to do".

They just save the job of that murdafucker.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by GetMeRight: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Splashme:
I stumbled on a post online calling for Nigerians to vote PDP back to power in 2019 to also probe the current APC govt but in 2023 we should all vote APC again and so on.....

Nigeria will be better off when we change ruling parties and allow them probe each other. The massive corruption under this Buhari govt will only be exposed when Nigerians kick him out in 2019

We should rotate them and never ever allow anyone of them succeed itself .

PDP will expose corruption?
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Mboi2: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
You people now know that Dasuki na learner.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Adebowale89(m): 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
I know deeply buhari knew he's not running for a second time, that's why he's bent to destroy anything in Nigeria

or what manner of action is this, did he need to be told to sack that economy destroyer before he sacked him

look at ijaw state and see how they're suffering. how can I ve properties and be suffering than those who are eyeing my properties. this a tale of ijaw people, those people have been oppressed, outsmarted and relegated

they patronised their youths with amnesty, shut their elders with millions. I forbid to leave like a slave in my father's community
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by agabaI23(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Dharniel:
Really? What about the Judges who were subjected to midnight robbery that ended up a dild goose chase?

You guys remember the rule of law when APC hitmen are involved.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by otr1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Daboomb:

Wrong move!

PDP should not have put their mouth into the matter.

Now, Buhari will feel like "PDP cant tell me what to do".

They just save the job of that murdafucker.
This is not about PDP, it's about doing the right thing. If Buhari thinks he can keep quiet about this and everybody will soon forget as usual, he's playing with fire.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by WoleTaju: 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
menstrualpad:
tongue no way... Babachir the millionaire grasscutter no show
Buratai the super saver no show
Saraki massive amounts and properties unexplained no show
Ikoyi milliongate no show
Dasuki refuse to charge him to court
Diezani media circus trials

Amaechi Saint
Fashola Saint
Fayemi Saint.

Woo mi oraye radarada...

Ladies and gentlemen you go wait tire

Kai ..Minini..
Buhari dirinkam for Kunu. And he dey chorpam for Kwarruption
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by ogbeniolola: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hmmm I am glad PDP knows this now!....Baru should be suspended the way Diezani was when she was accused of $20 billion missing funds!
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
I remember a day before buhari won how rain fell ,I didn't know it was the heavens weeping for us.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Reference(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
evansjeff:
PDP should just shut up, even if Buhari wanted to do this, he now wouldn't since it will look as if you made him do it.

They will not shut up. That is their job as the main opposition party. To put the government on its toes since you the citizen chose to be the stary-eyed idol worshipper. They are the best allies to the anti corruption mantra of this government if it is going to gain any traction whatsoever.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by SmartMugu: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
masada:
why dis govt is silent on dis issue still baffles

they owe us an explanation on dis strong allegations

it is our right

we voted them in
Last I heard, many of the politicians are now deaf and dump and only assume we are still in the 1980's era.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Elder4sure(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
evansjeff:
PDP should just shut up, even if Buhari wanted to do this, he now wouldn't since it will look as if you made him do it.

I will not weep for you because you are a doomed zombie. But I weep for your children (present/future) because their daddy is a brainless mofo on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by H2Ossss(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Dharniel:

Actually the right thing to do. You suspend before investigating.... So they won't have access to manipulate information during the period of investigation
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by AntiWailer: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yes the guy should be suspended for investigation to be concluded.

If Buhari refuse to do that then Bye Bye to Anti corruption nonsense.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by talk2percy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Buhari is aware of this money. Is he not the petroleum minister? That cloned son of a bitch is very kwarapt!
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Habyz(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
Dharniel:
I believe suspension is a good thing to do, it will serve as deterrent to others also investigation can still continue after suspension if they(FG) are serious about it.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by jrusky(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
But Buhari was the minister for petroleum therefore Buhari need to be question how did this happen ed under his watch as the minister because I have never see where the president is also a minister.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by madri4u: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
2.8 billion dolars, oil money is missing, now 26billion dollars, oil money is missing.He nor finish! He nor finish!!He nor finish!! Suffer suffer for earth and suffer for hell and enjoy enjoy for earth and suffer for hell.My country people which way.Who die he chapter don close.
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by jacyhelen(f): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
DONSMITH123:
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

The Peoples Democratic Party has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to suspend the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Maikanti Baru over the allegation of corruption in the corporation.

It also demanded that Baru be handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for investigation and prosecution.
National Publicity Secretary of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, stated this at an ongoing press conference at the party’s headquarters in Abuja on Thursday.

Details later..

http://punchng.com/breaking-pdp-asks-buhari-to-suspend-nnpc-boss/

My sympathy Goes to Ibechukwu Kachukwu.This is what you get when u Have a PHD but a man with WAEC is your boss and controls the Same Comapny you are in.....
Ibechukwu is just a gate man in NNPC!!!!
Re: Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari by Ojuororun(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hmmmn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: I Wish My Parents Didn’t Die Early / Supreme Court affirms Fayemi’s election, dismisses PDP, Olusola-Eleka’s appeal / FG Begins Nationwide Town Hall Meetings On Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.