Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa (25606 Views)

Ben Ayade Watches As Lady Sews Face Mask In Garment Factory In Calabar / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Seeks Alliance Of Gree Electric's Manufacturing Plant, China / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Danny287(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
The first surface mount technology (SMT) digital set top box manufacturing plant in West Africa has commence production in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

The plant, operated by Gospell Digital Technology was commissioned today Thursday by Cross River Governor, Senator Ben Ayade who said the state will partner the company to ensure it breaks the difficult terrain to ensure broadcasting is made easier and information delivered more efficiently.

“We have very difficult terrain in Cross River and it is very difficult to transmit,” Ayade said, adding that: “We will on proper negotiation, be placing an order today for 5,000 set top boxes.”

Mr. Ayade said the smart city project of the state which is nearing completion will provide a backbone for a smart technology integration and disclosed that the installation of hotspots for the 12 Kilometer Carnival Calabar route has been completed.

On local content, the Governor said that: “Most importantly we will like to see technology transfer,” and promised that the state aside given tax incentives will purchase 10 STBs for every Cross Riverian employed by the company.

He said that he hoped the country will be able to wholly own and operate a technology center and maintained that the breakthrough by Gospell technology starts “the journey towards decoupling the black man from depending on the white man.”
The Chairman of the company, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa in his remarks commended the federal government for it’s “thorough” planning and implementation of the digital switchover system and said it was the reason all were gathered there.

“We are here because at some point in the history of this country, the country decided to digitalize and move away from analogue practices especially in the area of communication,” he said.

He continued: “The government was thorough in planning the switchover ensuring that every stakeholder played a role.”

Mr. Ohuabunwa said the company decided to participate in the provision of set top boxes and disclosed that the company has set up two factories in Calabar.

“We have two factories here, a factory to assembly and a factory to produce as part of its backward integration,” said Mr. Samuel who also disclosed the company plans to go into everything electronic using indigenous technology.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/crossriverwatch.com/2017/10/ayade-lai-mohammed-commissions-first-decoder-manufacturing-plant-in-west-africa/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by okonja(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Gradually! Gradually!! , we are getting there cheesy cheesy cheesy

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by majamajic(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
the govt should first of all tackle electricity issues, so as to help these companies.

u commission today ..tomorrow they will fold cos of electricity problems !!

47 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by DanielsParker(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nice one
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by josephine123: 12:29am On Oct 06, 2017
Cool
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Turks: 1:31am On Oct 06, 2017
I hope 'the Nigerian factor' doesnt set in cos in the end, it finds it's way into everything.

3 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by bokohaman: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Na dem manufacture TSTV decoders?....

9 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by joystickextend1(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Brilliant

1 Like

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Dmeji4444(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Nunu
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by elipheleh(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
It seems south easterners thrive in recession and difficulties. Cos they only spring up ideas in times of chaos. I've been following history. My theory might be wrong though.

===========
BTW BEFORE QUOTING ME WITH YOUR BIGOTRY

The Chairman of the company, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa in his remarks commended the federal government for it’s “thorough” planning and implementation of the digital switchover system and said it was the reason all were gathered there.

It's only a mumu that doesn't know that that name is a southeasterner who chose to invest in Calabar

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by kenbee(f): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
All I see is a ceremonial display/launch of made in China but coupled in Nigeria decoder

6 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Bern1992(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Nice one.
Step by step .......
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Bisjosh(f): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Hope its HD undecided
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Jooobs
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Saintsbrown(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Lie
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by admax(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Lol
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Sibe007(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Very good one.....What is Delta State doing o....and Bayelsa too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by tysontim(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
I think they manufactured TSTV decoders
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Saintsbrown(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
I don't believe anything good can come out of this APC lead govt.
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by LordofNaija: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
two years and counting, not a single project from ayade or lai's FG. They ve now resorted to commissioning private coys. They other day was Okowa commissioning a 3-pump fuel station. When im done with the brothel am building, will invite Buhari to commission it. foolsgrin

18 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by hazyfm1: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2017
kenbee:
it is assembling not manufacturing

Oya read the post again

Mr. Ohuabunwa said the company decided to participate in the provision of set top boxes and disclosed that the company has set up two factories in Calabar.

''We have two factories here, a factory to assembly and a factory to produce as part of its backward integration,” said Mr. Samuel who also disclosed the company plans to go into everything electronic using indigenous technology

5 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by ozoemenaca: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2017
These companies require constant power to function effectively, is not just commissioning that is the issue, but the ability for the companies to function
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by donbrowser(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2017
elipheleh:
It seems south eastern thrive in recession and difficulties. Cos they only spring up ideas in times of chaos. I've been following history. My theory might be wrong though.
Cross river is South-South

5 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by sirnoah(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2017
Good one...atleast some people will be pulled out from the street
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by sirnoah(m): 9:22am On Oct 06, 2017
nice one
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by GavelSlam: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Sibe007:
Very good one.....What is Delta State doing o....and Bayelsa too

We are coming.

Let us just chop this money, kidnap a few expatriates and burst a few pipelines.

Once we have that on lockdown we'll initiate rapid development.

4 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by BiafraIShere(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Thats Good!
Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by Lomprico2: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
majamajic:
the govt should first of all tackle electricity issues, so as to help these companies.

u commission today ..tomorrow they will fold cos of electricity problems !!

Your head dey dia!

With constant power 60-70% of our problems as a nation will die a natural death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by 400billionman: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
Lomprico2:

Your head dey dia!

With constant power 60-70% of our problems as a nation will die a natural death.

Wrong.wrong wrong.

Stable economic growth is number 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by OldBeer: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2017
elipheleh:
It seems south eastern thrive in recession and difficulties. Cos they only spring up ideas in times of chaos. I've been following history. My theory might be wrong though.
Cross river is not south east.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Ayade, Lai Mohammed Commission First Decoder Manufacturing Plant In West Africa by kenbee(f): 9:27am On Oct 06, 2017
hazyfm1:

Oya read the post again

And you believed that? My brother, I'm an electrical and electronic engineer and I understand what that takes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC / Photo:another Nigerian Soldier Dies In Action. / fayose Rejects Mimiko As PDP Governors’ Forum Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.