Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today (482 Views)

Atiku, PDP Open Trial, As Tribunal Overrules Call For Suspension Of Proceedings / Photos:orji Kalu's P.A. Meets Minister For Labour Chris Ngige Take Cute Selfies / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by AYLiveSHows: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Barring any last minute change in plan, President Muhammadu Buhari will, on Friday (today), hold a crucial meeting with the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

This is the first one-on-one meeting Buhari will be having with the minister since a letter Kachikwu wrote to the President on the conduct of the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Maikanti Baru, was made public.

It will also be the first time the minister will be meeting the President, who is the substantive Minister of Petroleum Resources, since Buhari returned from his medical trip on August 19.

Kachikwu had stated in the letter that he resorted to writing the letter after several unsuccessful attempts to meet the President personally since he returned to the country.

The minister accused Baru of insubordination and sidelining him and the board of the NNPC in the award of contracts as well as failing to follow due process.

“Hopefully, the President will be meeting the minister on Friday. The meeting is scheduled to hold before Juma’at service. The meeting will hold between 11.30am and noon,” a source in the Presidency told one of our correspondents on Thursday.

Another government official, however, told The PUNCH that the meeting was originally conceived to afford Kachikwu the opportunity of briefing the President of general developments in his ministry.

The source added that although the meeting could have been scheduled before the content of the letter was made public, there was no way the President and the minister would meet and the issue would not come up.

“You can see that the Minister of Transportation met with the President today (on Thursday) to brief him (the President) on the activities in his ministry. The Minister of Mines and Steel Development also had his turn recently.

“That’s the same way Kachikwu was scheduled to have his turn. But of course, there is no way this burning issue will not be discussed at the meeting,” he said.

The source said he was not aware if Baru had been scheduled to meet the President any time soon.

Baru is one of the top government officials who regularly participate in Juma’at service in a mosque located inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/10/barring-any-last-minute-change-in-plan.html

[img]https://4.bp..com/-8SGkHpMBdhc/WdckLLFRq5I/AAAAAAAAHTk/2b9FEREq8lMz1ZpQE0TxRnh66fR4VuJdQCLcBGAs/s640/Kachikwu-and-Baru.jpg[/img]
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Tolexander: 7:41am On Oct 06, 2017
Hope Kachukwu won't be eventually relieved of his post after the whole issue.
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Moyinoluwa35(f): 7:41am On Oct 06, 2017
hausa man elect hausa woman
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Crocky23: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2017
Baru is one of the top government officials who regularly participate in Juma’at service in a mosque located inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Judging from the above I think Ibe Kachikwu is wasting his time. Baru probably gave the contracts to companies indirectly owned by Buhari and family.

Just after NNPC Buhari went to appoint his relative to CBN.
By the time Buhari steals from NNPC, CBN, NPA, NTA,
expect Yusuf Buhari to be a billionaire before the age of 30.

1 Like

Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by hucienda: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2017
Buhari be rapping with 2pac now ... "All eyez on me".
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Bolustical: 7:45am On Oct 06, 2017
If the Presidents handles this allegations with levity. It will surely come back to haunt before long.

Baru needs to be seriously investigated.
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by collinshush: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Hmmm! Crucial meeting!!

Check my signature on how to make extra money.

It's simple and easy.
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Ajibo111(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

Please i need your help. I am realy into trouble and there is no one to help me out, that is why i brought the issue here because i believe i could find solution here.
Am about to be thrown out from where am staying by my landlord. I am an orphan that has no one to run to. I have tried to raise the money by all means but things are not realy working out for me.
Please am not asking for much
, any amount is okay for me. God will bless you guys for me
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Nbote(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2017
Story... Kachikwu will take d fall for dis one. What has happened to d SGF since afta his case came to light??
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Nbote(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2017
Ajibo111:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please i need your help. I am realy into trouble and there is no one to help me out, that is why i brought the issue here because i believe i could find solution here.
Am about to be thrown out from where am staying by my landlord. I am an orphan that has no one to run to. I have tried to raise the money by all means but things are not realy working out for me.
Please am not asking for much
, any amount is okay for me. God will bless you guys for me

Y not include ur details (contact Fone acct)
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by Omeokachie: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2017
What contract did they award for $25b, equivalent of N9.2 trillion (which.is more than the entire 2017 annual budget?

Where is the project sited?
Who won the contract?
Who approved the contract?

Watch and see how they come out of the "meeting" singing a different song and the matter dying a sudden death, after enough threats and blackmails must have been issued.
Re: PDP, SERAP Call For Suspension Of Baru, Buhari Meets Minister Today by magoo10(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2017
The Nigeria compromised system which places some citizens above others will never fail to disappoint .

Those in power today have taken us backwards to the stone age once again where nepotism and corruption rules the day.
Baru and other govt officials of this govt found wanting with regard to corruption should be punished accordingly, that is if Nigeria truly have a president.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State: Where It Was Chained As The Worst State In Nigeria- Video / 2019 Election: Igbos Are Using Biafrian Agitation To Blackmail North - Junaid Mo / Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.