Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Has Nigeria Government Turn Their Back On Fight Against HIV? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Has Nigeria Government Turn Their Back On Fight Against HIV? (330 Views)

SIZA Foundation Unveiled, Launches Book On Fight Against Drug Among Youths / Coronavirus: Nigeria Government Must Close Border Now — NMA / Fight Against Stroke! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Nigeria Government Turn Their Back On Fight Against HIV? by Sweetwater2017: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
So I was reading an article published by the United States CDC on the fight to end HIV/AIDS by five African countries during the just concluded World HIV/ AIDS conference in Paris. I was thinking and hoping that Nigeria the giant of Africa will be one of those countries to invest resources into this epidemics since she is one of the countries affected by this virus. I was wrong again in hopes that Nigeria my country will answer a clarion call in providing political will that it takes to confront an epidemic like the one we are facing. Rather I was surprised to read countries like Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Uganda and one other smaller African country are taking the fight to this epidemic plaguing Africa continent as a whole. The success of these countries in fighting HIV/AIDS and TB in their countries was the willingness and courage of their leaders to take the bull by the horn and invest on much needed education, radio, billboard and television AD to reach their citizenship. Nigeria and our political leaders can not continue to do the same thing and expect different results. Much smaller countries in Africa presented state of their countries health care during the World HIV/AIDS conference held in Paris this last July. It is only Nigeria as a country who does not have a reliable testing assay for this virus, inadequate laboratories, unskilled lab workers and consequently resulting to false HIV lab results. It is about time for our people especially those on this forum to cry out in what ever way they can for our country to come to our help. People are losing their lives, when there are antiviral medicines to dispense void of politics and corruption
I do not reside in Nigeria but I feel so bad for my dear country been on the side lines in every World affairs especially when it comes to the health of our people. IF ONLY NIGERIA CAN CONFRONT THE HIV EPIDEMICS AS THEY DID WITH EBOLA CRISES FEW YEARS AGO.
Lastly if any reader knows how to reach Federal Minister of Health and the World Health Organization Representative in Nigeria Please post their official address and or email address on this forum. I personally wants to write to them and register my concerns and inadequacies in our health care.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Use For System Detoxification / Natural Herbs For Human Health / SUICIDE: The Risk And Protective Factors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.