Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (37014 Views)

Boy Having A Huge Python As Friend, See How Close They Have Becom. (PHOTO) / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by boman2014: 12:10am On Oct 07, 2017
abeg...... let her go joor

21 Likes

Re: . by daewoorazer(m): 12:10am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:
I fell ill today.My girlfriend was watching TV with earphones on,even as I was shivering seriously. I felt it was callous of her,especially since I take care of her well when she's ill.She didn't respond to me even after I called her attention to this. I had to tell her to leave my house since she was being inconsiderate She left,dropped the ring I gave her 2months ago. I need advice on how to proceed. I feel it's over.Is it?We have done introduction, planning to marry next year.I intend telling her it's over.Am I doing the right thing?

Drop her Like a hot steel... I won't listen to stories that touch later on here, else, I go carry stick wire your a$5 join..

God jes saved u from Ayamatanga

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 12:21am On Oct 07, 2017
You ordered her out of your house like a common thief?

7 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 07, 2017
Our men and MY HOUSE, always ordering their girlfriends and wives out of their house. What she did was bad and painful, but is the next line of action to order her out of YOUR HOUSE?

Both of you need to work on your egos. There'll be more misunderstandings in marriage,i don't know how long you'll keep ordering her out of your house, and how long she'll keep dropping her ring. Some people are not sympathetic to sick people, worse if when the sick person puts up so much drama, they can't help their insensitivity. Is your girl that kind of person?

Are there accumulated misunderstandings you're not telling us of? If there's none, I'll suggest you call her and talk to her, you made mention of no other ill character.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by princy80(m): 1:05am On Oct 07, 2017
Acidosis:
Maybe, probably because she was useless when needed.

OP, there might be little grudges between the both of you. Look for it and settle it. Marriage to such a person is risky.

8 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Acidosis:
I expected a different response but I didn't know I was in a relationship with a selfish person. Now, I see her as a common thief.Why visit anyone if you can't even be present or helpful when they're in distress? After seeing the handwriting on the wall,last night,I went to her house,returned her remaining belongings,demanded for the phone I got her.While going through the phone,she had already declared victory and told her friends(mostly married men)and mother that she packed out for good,said I'm a very terrible human being.She had been planning to do it for a while from what I see. In the last few months,I've been the one taking care of her needs while I encouraged and showed her how to save money,which she did while I spent mine on her,even for sanitary pads and food.Now,the only assessment to her friends is that I'm a "very terrible human being".I only admonished her to be more caring when I was sick when she preferred to watch TV with earphones on.
I never deceived her,never cheated on her,I did introduction,paid deposit for a wedding hall recently.I acted as a good man.I'm not pained,I only regret the money I've wasted on a train that decided not to leave the station.I give God all the glory and pray I find a marriageable woman soonest.

34 Likes

Re: . by futurism: 3:58am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:
I expected a different response but I didn't know I was in a relationship with a selfish person. Now, I see her as a common thief.Why visit anyone if you can't even be present or helpful when they're in distress?
let her go

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 07, 2017
PaperLace:
Our men and MY HOUSE, always ordering their girlfriends and wives out of their house. What she did was bad and painful, but is the next line of action to order her out of YOUR HOUSE?

Both of you need to work on your egos. There'll be more misunderstandings in marriage,i don't know how long you'll keep ordering her out of your house, and how long she'll keep dropping her ring. Some people are not sympathetic to sick people, worse if when the sick person puts up so much drama, they can't help their insensitivity. Is your girl that kind of person?

Are there accumulated misunderstandings you're not telling us of? If there's none, I'll suggest you call her and talk to her, you made mention of no other ill character.

We had our little issues,nothing major.I would have left her months ago if I had noticed this behaviour.It's over already,she has declared it to her friends.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 07, 2017
More views on my "situationship" needed.Have I approached it appropriately? Read above.Thanks.
Re: . by Ishilove: 5:07am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:
I fell ill today.My girlfriend was watching TV with earphones on,even as I was shivering seriously. I felt it was callous of her,especially since I take care of her well when she's ill.She didn't respond to me even after I called her attention to this. I had to tell her to leave my house since she was being inconsiderate She left,dropped the ring I gave her 2months ago. I need advice on how to proceed. I feel it's over.Is it?We have done introduction, planning to marry next year.I intend telling her it's over.Am I doing the right thing?
I don't understand. So she should not watch TV again because you're ill?

Did she neglect you in anyway? Or perhaps she should hold your hands and sing 'lullaby baby don't you cry'? You seem the dramatic type. Lord knows personally I can't deal with drama

12 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Did she neglect you in anyway? Or perhaps she should hold your hands and sing 'lullaby baby don't you cry'? You seem the dramatic type. Lord knows personally I can't deal with drama
Maybe because I'ld have been more concerned if she was the one who was sick,shivering vigorously. Neglect is the import of the whole issue.Imagine treating your husband to be so callously.
Her attitudes after the act tell a story.Read that above. How do your friends respond when you fall ill?

17 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 07, 2017
op actually you are not understanding and indeed a terrible human being.

whatever happened to you telling her how you felt, some people don't even know how to take care of others, did you try to understand this.

you expected her to turn into a care taker and she didn't, why didn't you tell her how u felt before allowing your ego, and man pride, take over you.

I personally don't like being taken care of when I'm sick, makes me feel like I'm about to die so it's really hard accepting anyone care for me, because of this I can't stand a sympathetic sick person as I feel you should be able to care for yourself and I will only do the smallest details but if I see someone that likes being dotted on then of course I will change this mindset because that is what love is suppose to be about. understanding and sacrifice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by generationz(f): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2017
But oga you have already chased her away and she ended the relationship. So what advice do you need from us.

It's obvious both of you are incompatible

19 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 07, 2017
You were so ill and shivering and yet you found the strength to bring her belongings to her house in the night. LOL

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ishilove: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:
Maybe because I'ld have been more concerned if she was the one who was sick,shivering vigorously. Neglect is the import of the whole issue.Imagine treating your husband to be so callously.
Her attitudes after the act tell a story.Read that above. How do your friends respond when you fall ill?
Anyway, you wear the shoe so you know how it pinches.

1 Like

Re: . by Caracta(f): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2017
She did a wrong thing. However, I strongly believe something must have prompted her action. Perhaps, you did something that hurt her feelings previously or she found out something she didn't like about you or she found someone better.

Either ways, no person in love, none, would see his or her partner in need and not show concern. Why is your conscience giving you doubts about your action?

Take a step back. Review your relationship. Review your partner. Give time to heal and don't dwell on her shortcomings. Pray. Things will fall in place. The more you flog the issue, the more you hurt yourself.

9 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2017
Thanks for your views.I'm a good person who got scammed financially.Seeing that she was planning a break up while I was spending money on her and a proposed wedding.I know she will not go unpunished.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2017
I'm not hurt emotionally.Just that there are expectations in all relationships.Probably this is just a bad case of incompatibility and I accept it if it is.Better a break up than a divorce,right?I'm very hurt financially though.That one is painful.As to why return her belongings while ill?I was ill,got better to an extent as is normal.Even much better this morning.And I wanted to find out why this happened so rapidly(too much trying to claim smartness).And I did from the messages,chats with her friends on the phone.Thanks all for your opinions.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:
I'm not hurt emotionally.Just that there are expectations in all relationships.Probably this is just a bad case of incompatibility and I accept it if it is.Better a break up than a divorce,right?I'm very hurt financially though.That one is painful.As to why return her belongings while ill?I was ill,got better to an extent as is normal.Even much better this morning.And I wanted to find out why this happened so rapidly(too much trying to claim smartness).And I did from the messages,chats with her friends on the phone.Thanks all for your opinions.
Op don't listen to all these weak and selfish ladies on this platform, I have been looking for a wife now for the past 1 year same with my friend we never see.

Since I came to Lagos all I see are myopic, selfish and empty headed ladies covering their ignorance with heavy makeup.
I will advise you to look for a humble and decent girl. Not the kind of lady who did not even think of appealing to you when you got mad .
The kind of mentality ladies are moving with these days is bad, work hard , make your money and next time do not ignore red flags .
Personally, I do not like ladies who watch movies too much, I watch movies once in a while but when lady sits all day watching telemundo and african magic how will she raise your children to be the einsteins and the mark Zuckerberg ?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: . by felixomor: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2017
Ishilove:

I think the lady is inconsiderate.
You dont visit a sick person and put earphones in your ears while with the person.
It doesn't show affection.

Just like the way many mothers hate it when kids are occupied with phones when they are with them.

Little things destroy social and emotional connections.

27 Likes

Re: . by felixomor: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2017
dokwhot:

I think You did the right thing.
Dont worry someone better is coming.
Somebody who knows the importance of body language and emotional connection.
If she apologizes later, then good.
If she doesn't then so be it.

When her family gets to know what happened, they may correct her. If not, move on.

15 Likes

Re: . by Nellychinma20(f): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2017
U really sound childish ,sorry to say
And your own side of the story is really not convincing enough
U trying to tell us u were in good terms and yet she did that
U not matured enough for marriage ,so cos she dropped the ring u now have to send the rest of her belongings away .
And even have the guts to say u sent her out of ur house from the look of things she's being staying with u but u asked her to leave.
And u took back the phone u got her as a gift.
You remind me of when I was 7,I did just that too
Anyway obviously u don't even know what u want.
dokwhot:
I expected a different response but I didn't know I was in a relationship with a selfish person. Now, I see her as a common thief.Why visit anyone if you can't even be present or helpful when they're in distress? After seeing the handwriting on the wall,last night,I went to her house,returned her remaining belongings,demanded for the phone I got her.While going through the phone,she had already declared victory and told her friends(mostly married men)and mother that she packed out for good,said I'm a very terrible human being.She had been planning to do it for a while from what I see. In the last few months,I've been the one taking care of her needs while I encouraged and showed her how to save money,which she did while I spent mine on her,even for sanitary pads and food.Now,the only assessment to her friends is that I'm a "very terrible human being".I only admonished her to be more caring when I was sick when she preferred to watch TV with earphones on.
I never deceived her,never cheated on her,I did introduction,paid deposit for a wedding hall recently.I acted as a good man.I'm not pained,I only regret the money I've wasted on a train that decided not to leave the station.I give God all the glory and pray I find a marriageable woman soonest.

8 Likes

Re: . by coolcatty: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2017
Nellychinma20:
U really sound childish ,sorry to say
And your own side of the story is really not convincing enough
U trying to tell us u were in good terms and yet she did that
U not matured enough for marriage ,so cos she dropped the ring u now have to send the rest of her belongings away .
And even have the guts to say u sent her out of ur house from the look of things she's being staying with u but u asked her to leave.
And u took back the phone u got her as a gift.
You remind me of when I was 7,I did just that too
Anyway obviously u don't even know what u want.

Women and drama.... So the woman that dropped the ring is matured abi??

Smh.....

34 Likes

Re: . by Nellychinma20(f): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2017
coolcatty:

Women and drama.... So the woman that dropped the ring is matured abi??

Smh.....
Hey dude ,I never said that
Two wrong doesn't make a right .

2 Likes

Re: . by coolcatty: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2017
Nellychinma20:
Hey dude ,I never said that
Two wrong doesn't make a right .

That's what u implied... You didn't reprimand the girl for acting childish by dropping off her ring, squealing to her friends and family that she dumped the "terrible guy" etc

I expected ur analysis to be just and fair... Sorry but u sound biased.

26 Likes

Re: . by mrwonlasewonie: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2017
Has she always been like that or she suddenly developed that attitude?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
Has she always been like that or she suddenly developed that attitude?
A week before the introduction, I suggested postponing it because I noticed some attitude.I went along with it as she thought it should go on.Her reasons:her mother was preparing,date fixed,what will people say.I'm still the same person-not just "terrible",as she now supposes.Looking back,I realize I almost got hitched to a spoilt daughter.And I don't think she was keen on it.In summary,some people are wicked.Imagine introduction this week,moving materials cross country,the expense of stuffs and transport,my parents and family(I sent the money that was used to host them) with me,paid deposit of about 100k for wedding reception hall 2 days later.Her father affirming proudly that "you've taken good care of her" in the one year.Happy fun moments,pictures,smiles.Exactly 5 days later,you're referred to as a "terrible human being" via text you read by accident.It is witchcraft.But that's it.Moving on...Her father called after the issue,asked me what happened.I could only say "Sir,please ask ...(her name)".I don't really love complaining or drama.Obviously,I don't like hurting people.It's better she is the one who breaks up with me.I'm still friends with all my exes,we communicate.

12 Likes

Re: . by mrwonlasewonie: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2017
Ha. Please I suggest u suspend all wedding programs till you get to the bottom of her weird attitude.this is very strange and not normal at all
dokwhot:
A week before the introduction I suggested postponing it because I noticed some attitude,date fixed,what will people say.I went along with it as she thought it should go on.I'm still the same person-not just "terrible",as she now supposes.Looking back,I realize I almost got hitched to a spoilt daughter.And I don't think she was keen on it.In summary,some people are wicked.Imagine introduction this week,moving materials cross country,the expense of stuffs and transport,my parents and family(I sent the money that was used to host them) with me,paid deposit of about 100k for wedding reception hall 2 days later.Her family affirming proudly that you've taken good care of his daughter in the one year.Happy fun moments,pictures,smiles.Exactly 5 days,you're referred to as a "terrible human being" via text you read by accident.It is witchcraft.But that's it.Moving on...
ok so assuming you were already married and you were in a life threatening situation were only 2 of you were the only ones at home,is that how she will also act lackadaisical

Ok let Me hold small briefs for her and assume she's a spoilt overpampered girl by her parents and she can't help,can't she call people on phone who can help you out like let's say your brother,friend,mother,neighbor or anyone close by to take you to the hospital?.

Please stay away from marrying her to avoid stories that touch

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TheArchangel(f): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2017
This guy is crying about the money he spent not that he almost died from some acute illness. Both of you are not meant for each other and........you are disturbing the cyberspace with your whine story cos I ain't seeing what you want us to do for you here.

10 Likes

Re: . by mrwonlasewonie: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2017
TheArchangel:
This guy is crying about the money he spent not that he almost died from some acute illness. Both of you are not meant for each other and........you are disturbing the cyberspace with your whine story cos I ain't seeing what you want us to do for you here.
show a little empathy.the world is already filled with hateful,angry,bitter and emotionally inconsiderate people.at least let your religion (Christian,Muslim,Buddhist,humanist) or whatever reflect in your utterances

Don't you have blood flowing through your veins?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TheArchangel(f): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
show a little empathy.the world is already filled with hateful,angry,bitter and emotionally inconsiderate people.at least let your religion (Christian,Muslim,Buddhist,humanist) or whatever reflect in your utterances

Don't you have blood flowing through your veins?
what did I do now undecided I just commented na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Married Woman Discovers Whatsapp Group Chat Dedicated To “Surviving Her” / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.