Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops (42931 Views)

A Family’s Reaction When Their Daughter Came Home Amid The Coronavirus / I Stopped Breastfeeding My Newborn | Breastfeeding Struggles | Nelo Okeke / South African Man Dies In Mistress Cupboard As Her Husband Came Home Unannounced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
I came home and found my sister breastfeeding my son — I called the cops

Simone* and her sister Phoebe* had babies within two weeks of each other.

Their sons are now three and five weeks old and Phoebe’s baby is breastfed while Simone’s isn’t.

Recently, Simone needed surgery and because her son’s father isn’t around, Phoebe and her husband offered to babysit while she was in the hospital.

But while she was away for those three days, her sister decided to take baby-feeding matters into her own hands…

“When I came home, I walked into my son on my sister’s breast,” Simone explained to a forum.

“I called the police but there was nothing they could do”

Simone admitted she “didn’t have an issue with the situation to begin with” as “it was probably easier to breastfeed him than make bottles” but what her sister told her next left Simone completely speechless.

“She said she had thrown out all the ‘garbage’ I was feeding him and she was going to pump and donate milk to him.”

While Simone was in the hospital, Phoebe was breastfeeding her child.

The mom didn’t react straight away but instead, went into the bathroom and called the police, only to find out what her sister did wasn’t a crime.

“Apparently, the child is being fed so they couldn’t do anything about it,” she explained.

When Phoebe learnt what Simone did, she blew up at her and told her she was “just trying to help.”

But Simone wasn’t buying it and told her sister: “You dumped 14 cans of formula without even consulting me and currently have nothing to replace it with, just plans to.”

Phoebe ended up storming out and blocking Simone on everything.

Because Phoebe doesn't believe in formula, she threw out canisters that Simone had bought.

The mom concluded: “Our parents were able to replace two of the cans she threw out but can’t do much else. They also think I was a d**k for calling the police on her because getting a record could affect her government job and therefore my nephew.”

Simone emphasized that her sister was staunchly against formula feeding so wouldn’t have replaced them herself. “The only way she could have been feeding my son over the next few weeks would be to put him on the boob, which would take time away from me,” she concluded.

“I would have done the same thing in your situation”

After sharing her story, the forum rallied around the mom and assured her that she wasn’t in the wrong.

One commenter noted, “She just literally dumped hundreds of dollars of formula that YOU BOUGHT because of her own personal opinions on formula.”

“I would have done the same thing, in your situation.”

A second wrote: “How is that not a crime? It’s straightforward theft. Why did the police do nothing?”

And a third said: “My heart is legit hurting. Even before the formula crisis, 14 CANS of formula were expensive as hell. I would be ready to commit some crimes over this situation.”

Meanwhile, another user remarked: “She owes you for the 14 cans of formula that she stole and threw away. She can disagree with you all she wants, but theft is theft – and now that she’s blocked you everywhere, she’s leaving your child to go hungry.” They then suggested she goes to small claims court.

“This relationship is already f**d. I’d definitely take her to court,” a different user echoed. “Time to find a backup plan for childcare, as you obviously can’t use your sister anymore.”

Then finally, this person commented, “NTA. She destroyed $140+ worth of formula and endangered your ability to feed your child. Also, a lot of places consider breastfeeding a child that is not your own without the permission of the parents a form of battery, regardless of what that one cop said.”

https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/i-came-home-and-found-my-sister-breastfeeding-my-son-i-called-the-cops/

What do you think?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Very funny. I really can't say but I don't think it's proper to breastfeed another woman's baby without her approval.

76 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Sonnobax15(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
grin
Na wa...

1 Like

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by fyzaila: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
But why? If the phoebe of a sister doesn't believe in formula for babies, must she throw them away? And they aren't cheap. That's what's vexing her not even the breastfeeding.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Mindlog: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
Throwing tins of baby formula away and breastfeeding the baby without the birth mother's permission is so very wrong and not safe because of chances of infection, reason they have to thoroughly screen women before donating breast milk.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by talented321: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
You can't just do things without asking permission because the days are dangerous and be rest assured that u will blamed when things go sour'' humans don't care whether u was rendering help or not. Everybody need to respect and use their heads well in this life if not u create unnecessary damage to ur self or to others.

9 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Baronthecelebri: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Very bad from her.

2 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Cashsteady(m): 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
She was probably hornyand wanted her boobs sucked as most women love it when their boobs are sucked so she had to use the innocent baby ..

This is not right at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by ghettochild(m): 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
She did no wrong in feeding the child owing to her belief and she didn't strictly inform her sister not to breastfeed her son...
But throwing those formula away was so very wrong...
She should have left them till the sister returns back.
And tell her you know I don't believe in formula but now u r back...u can continue feeding ur child formula...
If na me..... she will buy back those formula..
Cos I didn't get em free from the store.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Endinjustice: 11:47am On Jan 16
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by verybadmouth(m): 11:48am On Jan 16
B
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by munavi: 11:49am On Jan 16
Cashsteady:
She was probably hornyand wanted her boobs sucked as most women love it when their boobs are sucked so she had to use the innocent baby ..

This is not right at all
What did I just read?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Beverlyjean(f): 11:49am On Jan 16
She should have asked first...what she did was totally wrong

1 Like

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Trophy12: 11:50am On Jan 16
Cashsteady:

This is not right at all
this man grin your mind just too dirty

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Anijay1212(m): 11:51am On Jan 16
angry
But two of them dey wrong nah.
She wey call ekelebe for the sis dey wrong but the sis wey throway expensive baby food and still come give the sis pikin bress and the mama no get update fess dey wronger.
My advice?
Make them no gree for anybody.
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Dpharisee: 11:51am On Jan 16
Don't start your day with confused articles like this or you will be in a state of confusion the rest of the day 😴

9 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by AchrafHakimi: 11:51am On Jan 16
Some breast milk are mixed with alcohol like my landlady's own so I understand.

1 Like

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by money121(m): 11:51am On Jan 16
Better

Who send her
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by BloomingDale(f): 11:52am On Jan 16
Cashsteady:

This is not right at all

You know breastfeeding can most times be painful, right? I’ve seen some mother’s nipples fall off due to the constant breastfeeding by their babies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by AchrafHakimi: 11:53am On Jan 16
munavi:
What did I just read?

You read the right thing!

1 Like

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Jan 16
OLAADEGBU:

https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/i-came-home-and-found-my-sister-breastfeeding-my-son-i-called-the-cops/

What do you think?

I came home and found my sister breastfeeding my son — I called the cops
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by DrAda(f): 11:54am On Jan 16
She should be arrested
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Crime007: 11:55am On Jan 16
Hmmm
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by adioolayi(m): 11:55am On Jan 16
This one no grow up to experience real African community lifestyle grin cheesy grin cheesy

Many children of the same age group have been cross-breastfed in Nigeria grin cheesy grin cheesy

When you leave your baby for a nursing mother to go take up some job....and your baby is crying ..disturbing the entire neighborhood...so, you no know say the breastfeeding mother you left your baby with go give am breast grin grin grin

Dey Play.

12 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Sultty(m): 11:55am On Jan 16
no love lost
Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Mystiquefia: 11:56am On Jan 16
BloomingDale:

You know breastfeeding can most times be painful, right? I’ve seen some mother’s nipples fall off due to the constant breastfeeding by their babies.

y u dey lie like this?

3 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:56am On Jan 16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:56am On Jan 16
grin

1 Like

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by Mayeldah(m): 11:57am On Jan 16
Una carry oyibo people matter dey cause argument for this forum this Tuesday morning wey people dey hustle?

leave oyibo people to their way of life

no be everything dem dey call police for, settle with your sister and take your child away if you aren't fine with the feeding plan

nonsense!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by SAMBARRY: 11:57am On Jan 16
Cashsteady:

This is not right at all
your brain dey work so? undecided

The mouth of a baby sucking out milk from the nipples is it the same as a man sucking the nipples for sexual purpose? What sexual gratification does a woman want to derive from a baby sucking her nipples?

Even a woman who just had her baby still feels pain on her nipples when the baby is sucking and the baby sometimes bites the nipples of the mother in a painful way so which one come be "as most women love it" undecided

Them suppose watch you very well when them leave pikin be with you lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops by MorataFC: 11:58am On Jan 16
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / I’m Pregnant With Twins And The Father Doesn’t Want Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.