Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival (1017 Views)

Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by calisumtin: 12:41am On Mar 09, 2010
HI ALL

I WOULD WANT YOU ALL TO SHARE YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE ON OUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, TELL US YOUR EXPERIENCE BOTH ON ON DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL, POSSIBLY INCLUDE OTHER AIRPORT EXPERIENCES IN NIGERIA AND ABROAD.

ITS FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Re: Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by AjanleKoko: 5:49am On Mar 09, 2010
I do a lot of international travel, though currently working from Lagos, Nigeria.

Travelling out of Nigeria via MMIA is not so bad. Though it could be better. I think the guys are improving every day though.
The pain is actually when you come in, and you have to pick up baggage. Though, I generally suspect the fact that Nigerians carry a lot of baggage has something to do with it. Just like everything else in Lagos, the facilities are grossly inadequate for the volumes.

Other airports . . . ha ha ha you don't wanna start me there. I see no point comparing MMA with JFK, Schipol, O'Hare, Dubai, Doha, or Atlanta. However, in Africa, most airports I have seen are rubbish, apart from the ones in SA and Egypt, in my view. At least in Nigeria, you don't take bus rides to the plane anymore. For the first time since I've been visiting Dubai, last weekend was the first time we disembarked via ramp system. Though I think that treatment is reserved for Nigerians, as other flights are boarded and disembarked via the ramps.
Re: Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by noblegas2(m): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2010
@ poster, Ajanlekoko has said it all!
Ha! O.R TAMBO AIRPORT, hmmm, (wer it all goes down in D dark)
Re: Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by AjanleKoko: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2010
noble_gas1:

@ poster, Ajanlekoko has said it all!
Ha! O.R TAMBO AIRPORT, hmmm, (wer it all goes down in D dark)

Wetin happen to O.R. Tambo? The airport dey tap. Although once you no fly SAA out of Lagos, you might find it rough. Xenophobia palaver. And there's a luggage theft issue, I've heard.
Re: Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by peruso: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
@poster
my take on this issue as in any other issue in Nigeria is that things could be better with a stronger will.
it doesn't just end with having the money to do it the will is v important.

my sincere advise to those to those players in in aviation industry is to tell themselves some hard truth(s) ,

let us have one(1) i mean 1 not 2 not 3 but 1 totally standard international airport that could compete with some of the best in the world .
whenever i travel out this country and return and have to land at the MMIA it pains my heart truly. two months ago when i landed at the MMIA i actually felt like crying, cause my trip took me through three international airports and they were all a sight to behold in terms of all the basic things about an international airport.

have you ever landed at the MMIA with the emirates flight that lands in the afternoon, it actually lands at almost the same time that qatar airways lands so its actually one of the crazies times you could get into that place. (the best word to describe it is survival of the fittest) when i compare this to the way i had to picked my luggage's at dubai international or at jfk (which is one of the busiest in the world) or the way i picked my luggage's at LAX this is what actually almost brought tears to my eyes.

we travel at least most of us so we know what is obtainable lets do our best to make our country great again

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Travel Experience Thru Mm International And Both Departure And Arrival by peruso: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
i'll come back with details of my experiences thru the NAA ABUJA and alot of others.

(1) (Reply)

Visit Egypt & Turkey With Egypt Air Starting From $ 1599 / Dubai Scams Nigerian Nationals Of About 150 Billion Naira / Arik'airlines'the Customer Unfriendly Airline"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.